G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Anyone run against any B5 S4s...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 12:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Boost99A4
They're talking about the S4 here. Completely different story. And you're wrong about the turbo lag. The turbo is so small on the A4, that theres barely any room for lag. What you're talking about is torque. The A4 has NO torque, and it weighs so much it takes time for it to get moving. Put a chip in it, and its a different story. You'll notice the difference right away. The chip APR makes raises the torque by 100lbs I believe.(at the peak of course) But anyways you get the point.
BLA BLA bottom line its SLOWWWWWWW

Old 07-27-2005, 01:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pturbo
You still need luck even with a radar detector. Cops flip them on and off, especially laser, so if you are doing 130 you may only get a ticket for doing 100 - but that is still going to sting.

The best way is to send out some one ahead and have them check out the road, traffic going the other way and for any parked cops. Put in your earpiece on your cell and let them give you a realtime report on any cop action.

Naturally, all of this should only be done for the sake of science - like say testing to see if the speed rating on your tires is accurate. ;-)

BTW, I read that that RS4 is going to run between $75-80K, so it better be able to kick some serious *** on down the road.
hahahahahaha,... speed rating on your tires... tell that to the cop and see what kinda reaction you get! classic! LOL

Old 07-27-2005, 03:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slikster818
my friend has a B5 A4 1.8 T and everyday he tells me how much he hates it. its just wrogn when you pay 30 k for a car then a camry smokes you. let me give a example their turbo has such a lag we were at a stop light waithing to turn left and it turned yellow im like go his liek im punching it and no joke it took liek 3-4 seconds for the car to get going.
Would it be better to pay for a 40k and get smoked by a Neon? :| Yea, the 1.8T has some turbo lag, but when modded, I like the feeling of the turbo spooling. But ya, they're still slow.. the A4's that is.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.