G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Help: Leased G35 - Totaled - Insurance?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 05:31 PM
Gangster Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hopefully you dont have injuries, but if you do ive got a great laywer, in LA, he will make you money.

Old 07-28-2005, 05:42 PM
JJH
Originally Posted by G35Luver
I've hired a lawyer already,
the accident happened 2 days ago,
so they don't have much information yet.

Does anyone know if I can request their insurance for partial of my down payment back? plus injuries?

It just seems very unfair to me that I am losing my down payment+tax after only 11 months when it's others at fault.
Sorry to inform you, but you pretty much lost the down payment there. That is why you should never put any money down on a lease. You can find out what the pay off + residual value is for the car, and then see how much money the insurance is going to give IFS for the car. Maybe you can fight with infiniti if the insurance pays more than the pay off + residual value, and see if you get the difference, but I doubt that will happen. Most likely the insruance is going to pay less than what is owed and GAP will cover the rest.

Old 07-28-2005, 05:48 PM
pics?

Old 07-28-2005, 05:50 PM
anytime u get into an accident go to the hospital

that way you can sue

Old 07-28-2005, 05:57 PM
I am sure you are starting to have pain and would see a doctor as soon as possible!

Remember the first rule of an insurance company is to protect the insurance company. I will have to force an issue to take care of yourself.

Old 07-28-2005, 05:59 PM
Not sure about the States but in Canada, my ownership actually reads that the owner if the car is Infiniti Financial Services and my name is only on down as the owner of the license plate.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PDX_g35
People today believe that "leased" cars do not belong to you. That is not true. With a lease you are only paying for the depriciation on the vehicle until you decide to finish off the principal on it or sell it back to the leasing company(aka trading it in on another lease) so its cheaper payments. You still own the car as much as someone that got a loan from a bank and gave that bank the title until its paid off.

-DZ
And who told you that BS? You own a leased car about as much as a renter owns the apartment that he rents. I own my car, and you know how I can be certain of that fact? I have the title. Moreover, one of the privileges of ownership is the right to sell you possession. Why not try to sell your leased car and see what happens.

I do agree with your last statement. The bank owns the car until the final payment is made, and it is at that time that you get the title and not before. You do have the right to buy a leased car after the expiration of the lease.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by FAST1
And who told you that BS? You own a leased car about as much as a renter owns the apartment that he rents. I own my car, and you know how I can be certain of that fact? I have the title. Moreover, one of the privileges of ownership is the right to sell you possession. Why not try to sell your leased car and see what happens.

I do agree with your last statement. The bank owns the car until the final payment is made, and it is at that time that you get the title and not before. You do have the right to buy a leased car after the expiration of the lease.
LISTEN to your self! you actually backed up my statement! IM TALKING about people that are FINANCING in general! The bank owns the car EITHER way.

sheesh

Old 07-28-2005, 07:11 PM
Gangster Member

you can sell your in car the middle of the lease or buy it, just have to find out the buy out from the bank, but you will lose money

Old 07-28-2005, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by TheGest
you can sell your in car the middle of the lease or buy it, just have to find out the buy out from the bank, but you will lose money
I hear ALOT of people say how they actually MADE money selling thier leases themselves to private parties and making a couple grand to put down on another car.

Yes you can sell YOUR car anytime and pay off the leasing company. Just like (WHAT DO YA KNOW??) someone that finances(aka buys a car) thru a bank.

Talk to an auto finance agent sometime and you will get clued in. I have one sitting adjacent to me right now.

-DZ

Old 07-28-2005, 07:19 PM
LISTEN to your self! you actually backed up my statement! IM TALKING about people that are FINANCING in general! The bank owns the car EITHER way.

sheesh

Agreed. In both these cases the bank owns the car. You stated however that a leased car belongs to you. I took that to mean that you own the leased car and that is not true.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:19 PM
Agreed. In both these cases the bank owns the car. You stated however that a leased car belongs to you. I took that to mean that you own the leased car and that is not true.
correct =)

Old 07-28-2005, 07:21 PM
I hear ALOT of people say how they actually MADE money selling thier leases themselves to private parties and making a couple grand to put down on another car.

Yes you can sell YOUR car anytime and pay off the leasing company. Just like (WHAT DO YA KNOW??) someone that finances(aka buys a car) thru a bank.

Talk to an auto finance agent sometime and you will get clued in. I have one sitting adjacent to me right now.

-DZ
PDX-g35: You are 100% on target.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:22 PM

sheesh

it's still slightly different because when you return the leased vehicle, it still has to be in a "reasonable" condition that will merit a fair market value.

in the case of a car that you own and are financing, you don't have to maintain the condition of the vehicle - ever (unless you default on the loan).

also, there aren't mileage restrictions on a vehicle you own. you could drive it for 100k miles and you don't pay a cent more on your monthy payments.

so it is different.

when you lease a car, you are in effect renting the car. the car isn't yours to do as you please. if you damage it, you need to repair it. if you "overuse" your car, you'll need to pay for that extra depreciation. There's also many other differentiating factors, but for the sake of discussion ...

while in both cases the bank owns either vehicle, the rules of engagement are different, that's where the discrepancy arises. thus that commonality that you mentioned is moot.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Originally Posted by Cabal
it's still slightly different because when you return the leased vehicle, it still has to be in a "reasonable" condition that will merit a fair market value.

in the case of a car that you own and are financing, you don't have to maintain the condition of the vehicle - ever (unless you default on the loan).

also, there aren't mileage restrictions on a vehicle you own. you could drive it for 100k miles and you don't pay a cent more on your monthy payments.

so it is different.

when you lease a car, you are in effect renting the car. the car isn't yours to do as you please. if you damage it, you need to repair it. if you "overuse" your car, you'll need to pay for that extra depreciation. There's also many other differentiating factors, but for the sake of discussion ...

while in both cases the bank owns either vehicle, the rules of engagement are different, that's where the discrepancy arises. thus that commonality that you mentioned is moot.
right they do judge the Pay off amount on the condition of the car. versus a bank judges the pay off amount solely on year and miles. so i guess in that respect they have more "ownership" of the car versus someone that just finances it.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help: Leased G35 - Totaled - Insurance?