G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Santa Monica Infiniti BS part II (cont) more BS from them...please read

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 06:37 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Santa Monica Infiniti BS part II (cont) more BS from them...please read

I just got back from Santa Monica Infiniti. THey were supposed to call an engineer to take a look at my car for an hour. I get there, and no engineer. Of course. I ask Ron Reed, the service manager, what happened, and he said he was asked to verify the problem AGAIN before someone comes out. Ok, fine with me. OUt of no where, I see this ***** get in my car, and gun it all the way to redline, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and finally shuts down. Now my car is loud as hell, so i can hear him flooring it around the streets of Santa Monica. WTF is this?? Who gave him permission to do that? HE comes back about 20 mins later, saying he can't find anything wrong with my tranny, and asks me to take a ride with him. Before we even get going, i put the shifter from Neutral into 5th, and it GRINDSSS like crazy. ANd hes like is that it? Yes that is it. He says theres nothing wrong. Your not supposed to put the car into 5th from neutral. Apparently its not right. Never in my life have i heard this. ok we move on, go driving. After a few minutes, still no grinding (how convenient) but as were returning, it finally grinds. I ask if he hears it, and he REFUSES TO BELIEVE THAT ANYTHING HAPPENED. He said nothing happened at all. It clearly was grinding, but he wont believe me. WHen we return, he tells me he will call the engineer and say what he heard/saw, but wont tell me what he is going to say to him. He says its not my business. WTF again. I say i want to be there when you leave a message for him. He stutters and says ummm Im not gonna call him right now.
We move on to his office, and now I am furious, and I show him all the pages (100+ pages) i have printed out with numerous tranny replacements etc. and he says he doesnt wanna see it. I am cursing, and throwing a fit. I am not yelling however, but am cursing b/c he refuses to listen to me and admit that he heard the grinding. HE says hes going to call the police b/c im cursing. Ive never heard that in my life. he tells me to get out of his dealership and not ocme back. More than gladly will.
On my way out...the other service consultant, who was a ***** to me last time, starts making faces and comments about my hair cut. Ive never experiences such unprofessional service in my life. I am FURIOUS. Spoke with Infiniti, they asked me to get a second opinion from Miller Infiniti, and to take it from there. If nothing happens from there, I am going to the BAR, and media, or take legal action. I have connections in all three of those places.

Sorry for the long post...just such BS

Old 08-04-2005, 06:38 PM
so ya, cali people, dont go to Santa Monica Infiniti....

Old 08-04-2005, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn what a bunch of a$$holes. i know how it is to deal with bs. im going thru a similar situation myself. some people just dont wanna do their damn job

Old 08-04-2005, 06:53 PM
Gangster Member
i got your back

Old 08-04-2005, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by papagz
so ya, cali people, dont go to Santa Monica Infiniti....
besides ron reed, what was the name of the tech that helped you with your car? i get my oil changes there, and i was thinking about taking it in for a TSB regarding the clicking rear wheel noises at low gear/speeds. the last time i asked them, they said it was normal...

Old 08-04-2005, 07:12 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry for that bad experience, bro. You're right, they're not very professional, and you should stay away from them.
See what Miller has to say. I'm sure they'll be more familiar with your issue, and be a whole lot more reasonable and helpful with it too.

G/L
C.

Old 08-04-2005, 07:33 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
can you really get in trouble with the law for cursing?

Old 08-04-2005, 08:00 PM
let's all call corporate and file complaints about santa monica.

Old 08-04-2005, 08:07 PM
I think we should email Ron Reed (his email address is on the Santa Monica Infinit webpage) and let him know that our forum is aware of this incident and will not be doing further business with his dealership. That'll make him think about his actions.

I got your back too. Try Miller or Glendale...I've had good experiences at both.

Old 08-04-2005, 08:20 PM
So what kind of crazy haircut do you have?? That sh*t cracked me up! Just playing man, but seriously, Infiniti people are some of the worst sh*t I've talked to. No wonder Lexus is superior. Infiniti people should take a class from Lexus people.

Old 08-04-2005, 08:23 PM
ya thanks guys. im def going to miller. They did my rear clicking axle, and no problems at all. Last time I worked with Melvin, freakin A-hole too. And I think it would be great to send him an e-mail like that. well deserved, and corporate will hear it too. He has no right nor does anyone to lie straight to a customers face...unheard of to me. Im in the business and you keep your cool even if a customer like me comes in yelling and cursing. you dont stoop down to my level (Hehe i know i blew up on him)

Old 08-04-2005, 08:24 PM
actually my haircut isnt crazy at all. i just have a buzz. how unusual is that? The guy who gave the haircut comment DOESNT EVEN HAVE ANY HAIR!! HES BALD!!!

Old 08-04-2005, 08:33 PM
lmao, im sorry, your post had me laughing too. really, im just laughing at what jackasses ppl can be. gah, i wish you had let them call the cops and been told them, "this guy took my car w/o permission and drove the carp out of it. please arrest him!"

hope it works out for you, bro. if you want to do something like a petition against them and show it to them, ill join up. i would encourage anyone else on this board to share their expiences with this dealer too so that there is more ammo.

btw - is the use of the word "bro" way to vin diesel and paul walker for a messageboard about cars?

Old 08-04-2005, 08:38 PM
Z2G
please post up the service manager or dealership manager's email.

by the way though, next time around, try not to throw a fit and start cursing. it only puts the blame back to you for their bad customer service. but, we got your back, dude.

Old 08-04-2005, 08:43 PM
You're too fuc*in' funny Papagz! Sh*t is cracking me up hard! Sorry man, I'm a hair stylist so I can just imagine everything. So next time tell the sales guy to get some ROGAINE or AVACOR before saying any sh*to to you. Well, maybe it's too late for that huh? Tell him to implant his di*k hair or something.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Santa Monica Infiniti BS part II (cont) more BS from them...please read