G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

November order = February

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 04:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
November order = February

How many of you guys put in an order during the first week of November and are expecting your coupes sometime between January and February? When were you told to expect your coupes to be exact? I was told probably by end of January or beginning of February, but then I read somewhere that they are bult in December and delievered to the US and to the dealers in Januaray... which means I can get mine as early as early January? Can anybody clarify this for me? Thanks

G35 coupe (Jan ~ Feb)
6spd, Black/Tan
Premium Pkg.

Old 12-04-2002, 07:02 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: November order = February

They told me the same thing: ordered Nov., build Jan., delivered Feb. Now I'm told delivered early Jan. I don't mind whichever happens. Nice to get it but lousy weather to drive it.
Gsedanman-Garnet Fire Sedan ('till Jan)

Old 12-04-2002, 09:19 AM

I ordered my car in mid November and here is what I was informed. I also backed up this claim by asking a contact at Nissan Corporate. Each dealer can place their orders in at the first of the month. So if you placed your order anytime in November, chances are it was ordered a few days ago. That order goes in, gets backed up behind current production (if there is any, but probably not much because of the amount of peole ordering now), and goes to the factory with your specifications. That means there could be a build time of December or January. Once it is built, it is then quality assured and shipped (he believes that all car built in Japan are quality assured in Japan (meaning they drive it a few miles around a track)) SHiping takes about 1 to 2 weeks and then it arrives at your dealer about a week or so after that. That's how they get late January early February.

Don't worry, most people getting a pretty specific order, mostly 6speeds have to order the car. You are definitely not alone!

Andrew

2003 coupe 6MT blue premium aero (on order)

Old 12-04-2002, 10:54 AM

Actually I was told that the I can order during the first week of November and still be included in that months order. I put my deposit down on the 30th of October, and was called by the dealer to come and finalize the order on November 6th since they were going to have to report to Nissan of Japan the next day. Does that mean I should be expecting my coupe in between December and January? or in between January and February?

Thanks... I'm so confused

G35 coupe (Jan ~ Feb)
6spd, Black/Tan
Premium Pkg.

Old 12-04-2002, 07:56 PM

My order # starts with a X. Is this the forth allocation? i've read that W is for the third allocation. Thanks

G35 coupe (Jan ~ Feb)
6spd, Black/Tan
Premium Pkg.

Old 12-04-2002, 08:02 PM

Put it this way.
Most anyone who ordered their car early November (the first part of the month I was talking about) will get it in January. Thos in early December order will get it in Febrary.

Andrew

2003 coupe 6MT blue premium aero (on order)

Old 12-05-2002, 11:46 AM

I am supposed to get my car the middle to end of February. How long will the dealership hold the car for me if I am not ready to pick it up or if I just don't want it yet because of the weather.