G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Has anyone ordered from Kinetix Racing

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has anyone ordered from Kinetix Racing

I placed an order with Kinetix Racing about a week ago and according to their website, they ship within 24-72 hours. Well.. since they and I are both located in SoCal, I should've received the order already. But that's not what has been bothering me. I have called them twice per day for the last 3 days. One call in the morning and one call in the afternoon to check status on my order. Every single time I have gotten the answering machine. I have also sent two emails, to both of their email address and also no response. So I'm wondering if any of you guys have ordered from them and approximately how long it took to receive your order? I'm guessing maybe they are all on vacation?

Old 08-12-2005, 08:06 PM
I bought some Kinetix cats on eBay, which turned out to be a drop-shipped item direct from Kinetix. After 2 weeks, I contacted the seller who was useless in getting info from. Going to the source, I called Kinetix repeatedly, and like you, got nothing. After a few days of calling, I amazingly got an answer. The guy was nice enough, even sounded professional. Made some "Production delay" excuse, and promised they would be working hard over the weekend and ship the following Monday. I ended up getting them on Thursday. All told, 3 weeks from the order being placed to Kinetix to delivery, and I'm in SoCal too. I'm an understanding person and realize that small problems can cause big delays for small companies. Proactive communication to the customers is especially important in these cases, and they fail miserably there.

Basically, their customer service is crap. It's a very small shop of guys that stroll in when they feel like it. Not a bad job to have, but it sucks to be the customer. Also, one of the cats had an air-gap in the weld. I opted for a local muffler shop to fix it, rather than wait for Kinetix. Overall, the build quality was pretty bad. I will never buy from them again or recommend them to anyone.

Old 08-12-2005, 10:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's interesting that you say that. I have also been looking into ordering the SSV manifold from them, but everything I read says that its a waste of money and that no one has seen the results they claim. However, my FI guy swears by it but I don't think it's from personal experience. I almost bought it but after reading a lot of dissatisfaction from everyone I'm kinda hesitant to order it.

Old 08-12-2005, 11:18 PM
Originally Posted by Repsol
It's interesting that you say that. I have also been looking into ordering the SSV manifold from them, but everything I read says that its a waste of money and that no one has seen the results they claim. However, my FI guy swears by it but I don't think it's from personal experience. I almost bought it but after reading a lot of dissatisfaction from everyone I'm kinda hesitant to order it.
The results on the SSV manifold seem to be best for FI cars anyway.

As far as their service, I can't say I bought from them but my car did have their test pipes on them when I bought the car and they were very helpful in helping me figure out a noise coming from the test pipes.

Old 08-12-2005, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by Macgyver
Basically, their customer service is crap. It's a very small shop of guys that stroll in when they feel like it. Not a bad job to have, but it sucks to be the customer. Also, one of the cats had an air-gap in the weld. I opted for a local muffler shop to fix it, rather than wait for Kinetix. Overall, the build quality was pretty bad. I will never buy from them again or recommend them to anyone.
Crap... I hope that's not the case with my order.