At $67 a barrel...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 02:20 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At $67 a barrel...

I couldn't have picked a better time to install a Vortech Supercharger

At least it should be fun in between the fill-ups!

Old 08-12-2005, 02:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its $67 a barrel!?!? WTF am I doing spending $55 for 17 gallons...dude I need to start buying by the barrel...to bad its unrefined though...

Old 08-12-2005, 02:34 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Hah! I can hear my flat mates now:

Them: Um, dude, are those kegs?
Me: Sure, just don't drink them alright...

/hours pass

Me: So anyway doctor, they drank 3 full barrels of unrefined oil. They said it tasted like Guinness...

Last edited by Picus; 08-12-2005 at 04:51 PM.
Old 08-12-2005, 02:46 PM
I guess the bonus is gonna be pretty good this year for me New wheels for the G maybe???

Old 08-12-2005, 02:50 PM
FGC's official flip flopper
Ok Ok...I should have put the disclaimer that $67 a barrel of unrefined oil equals higher gasoline prices at the pump. Now that we have established this, its gonna suck filling $60 bucks up each time. Again....should be fun though

Old 08-12-2005, 03:07 PM
The more the price of oil goes up - the better my companies Energy Saving Products should sell...

Any vending operators out there??????? Want to save a TON of electricity with our VendingMiser products????

PM me...

A True Salesman - always selling...

Old 08-12-2005, 04:37 PM
Originally Posted by picus112
Hah! I can hear my flat mates now:

Them: Um, dude, are those kegs?
Me: Sure, just don't drink them alright...

/hours pass

Me: So anyway doctor, they drank 3 full barrels of unrefinded oil. They said it tasted like Guinness...
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

Old 08-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Originally Posted by clinty
Who's responsible for this price hike??

BUSH!?

Did I hear Iran's the next target?
Yeah sure. Is ignorance learned, if so that's an oxymoron and I'd question the source of your information.

Oil being $67 a barrel has nothing to do with a NEED for high gas prices. Most oil companies like SHELL, Mobil, BP, Texaco, etc... all have 30+ year contracts for oil at prices near the mid $20's per barrel. It's the other smaller markets that are paying $67 per barrel. The gasoline companies are now making RECORD PROFITS due to ignorant people not complaining to the lawmakers (reads your congressmen and senators) and they're getting away with price gouging. We should still be paying the $1.89/gallon just like we were 2-3 years ago since the large oil companies are still paying the same price per barrel today as they were back then.

Remember about 1-2 years ago when DELTA AIRLINES announced that their long term contract expired? They had to give their pilots a ~30% decrease in pay and they cut a lot of services too just to make up for the delta in price for their $/barrel agreement. Delta even decided for a short term contract, betting that the price/barrel would go back down. The rising gas costs are 100% price gouging and it is just plain wrong.

Don't use ignorance for a reason to BLAME someone who isn't the CAUSE of the problem.

Old 08-12-2005, 04:54 PM
Imagine a Cheap Gas Day Holiday....1.29 all around! (I would seriously stock up at that point).

Old 08-12-2005, 04:56 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Gee Im Fast
Its $67 a barrel!?!? WTF am I doing spending $55 for 17 gallons...dude I need to start buying by the barrel...to bad its unrefined though...
Don't EVEN think it's gonna' get any better soon. I'm in the "oil biddness", so to speak, and this is just the "tip" of the proverbial iceberg.

Give THIS a read. This information has been presented before congress and NOTHING has been done. The energy bill just signed into law will do nothing but make the demise of "big oil that much faster.

HERE is another good website to keep you informed. If you think this is gloom and doom, you're right! However, it's true.

That's one reason I bought my G now, you won't be able to afford one in the next five years.

Last edited by Texasscout; 08-12-2005 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:42 PM
Originally Posted by neffster
Yeah sure. Is ignorance learned, if so that's an oxymoron and I'd question the source of your information.

Oil being $67 a barrel has nothing to do with a NEED for high gas prices. Most oil companies like SHELL, Mobil, BP, Texaco, etc... all have 30+ year contracts for oil at prices near the mid $20's per barrel. It's the other smaller markets that are paying $67 per barrel. The gasoline companies are now making RECORD PROFITS due to ignorant people not complaining to the lawmakers (reads your congressmen and senators) and they're getting away with price gouging. We should still be paying the $1.89/gallon just like we were 2-3 years ago since the large oil companies are still paying the same price per barrel today as they were back then.

Remember about 1-2 years ago when DELTA AIRLINES announced that their long term contract expired? They had to give their pilots a ~30% decrease in pay and they cut a lot of services too just to make up for the delta in price for their $/barrel agreement. Delta even decided for a short term contract, betting that the price/barrel would go back down. The rising gas costs are 100% price gouging and it is just plain wrong.

Don't use ignorance for a reason to BLAME someone who isn't the CAUSE of the problem.
yep well said

Old 08-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Oil is just like any other commodity; it's supply and demand. Based on a report I heard on CNBC, the oil suppliers are producing at near 100% of their capabilities and they are just barely keeping up with world demand. So when you have strong demand for a commodity that is in limited supply, prices will rise until either the demand lessens or the supply increases. The biggest fear however, is that any disruption in oil supply of any consequence will cause gas shortages.

The vast majority of posters on this Board have never witnessed a supply shortage. As soon as there is any fear of a shortage, the problem intensifies because most people won't allow their gas tanks to get below half full. The old gezzers on this Board know what it's like to wait 30 minutes or more just to get gas. We lived through it in the mid 70s. The gas stations limited the amount of gas you could buy, and they had odd and even days for buying gas. The last digit on your license plate determined your status. Also, most gas stations were closed on Sundays and their hours of operation during the week days were limited.

Yes I know you are thinking here's some guy crying the sky is falling, but it happened once and it could happen again. Well if it does happen, we at least have relatively fuel efficient cars.

Old 08-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by FAST1
Oil is just like any other commodity; it's supply and demand. Based on a report I heard on CNBC, the oil suppliers are producing at near 100% of their capabilities and they are just barely keeping up with world demand. So when you have strong demand for a commodity that is in limited supply, prices will rise until either the demand lessens or the supply increases. The biggest fear however, is that any disruption in oil supply of any consequence will cause gas shortages.

The vast majority of posters on this Board have never witnessed a supply shortage. As soon as there is any fear of a shortage, the problem intensifies because most people won't allow their gas tanks to get below half full. The old gezzers on this Board know what it's like to wait 30 minutes or more just to get gas. We lived through it in the mid 70s. The gas stations limited the amount of gas you could buy, and they had odd and even days for buying gas. The last digit on your license plate determined your status. Also, most gas stations were closed on Sundays and their hours of operation during the week days were limited.

Yes I know you are thinking here's some guy crying the sky is falling, but it happened once and it could happen again. Well if it does happen, we at least have relatively fuel efficient cars.
As a geezer I can tell you this is the wisest post you will see in this thread. Anybody who wants government interference, price controls, or rationing like we had in the 70s and early 80s is just fookin nuts. Sure, gas was a lot cheaper, you just couldn't buy any on a lot of days!

Old 08-12-2005, 08:43 PM
Hybrid anyone?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.