G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Would you buy used cars from dealer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you buy used cars from dealer?

Hi, there is a dealer in so cal that has a 2004 DG coupe with 50k miles on it, would you guys buy it for the right price? I mean for that high mileage, is it safe to buy from them? I just would like different kind of opinions. Also, I am going to buy from delaer because, I can't get financing for private party purchase.

Old 08-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Just make sure u pick a dealership that is reputable, u obviously will pay a higher price from a dlrshp, but u gotta do wut u gotta do. Where r u located

Old 08-19-2005, 03:53 PM
im in irvine, i am looking at dealers of metro or mission viejo...

Old 08-19-2005, 03:58 PM
New Car Dealer? Used Car Dealer? What are you asking here?

If you buy from a New Car Dealer, buy a car of the same make that he sells. The dealer keeps the cream of the crop of the trade-ins that he gets, and re-sells them. Other makes he gets for Trade-Ins, usually come from folks not satisfied with their car, and want to try another make. They wholesale those they have not interest in re-selling.

Used Car Dealers, buy their cars at Wholesale, and you really don't know what you're getting. Even with CarFax.

My advice, Buy a Used Car from a New Car Dealer that sells the same make you want to buy, or from a private party you can trust. You usually can tell during the transaction with a private party, who you can trust or not. They're not pros, and are usually pretty honest.

Lou

Old 08-19-2005, 04:05 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buying from dealer vs buying from private both have their positives and negatives...

You just listed one of the biggest positives buying from a dealer..more financing options. The other good thing about the dealer is, if it's a reputable one, the car should be in a decent condition. I believe it's harder for a dealer to sell shady/rebuilt cars than it is for a private party who wheels and deals with mechanics. I also believe it's a California Law for a dealership to disclose whether a car has been in any accidents or had any body work on it, and can be sued for not disclosing this info.
However, dealerships will try to gouge you on the price real hard...because they could have gotten it on a trade in and only God knows how much they really paid for it and are marking up the price. Just do your home work...perform a carfax check, have a good mechanic check it out from top to bottom, and see if the dealer will give you some type of warranty...at least a 30 day one.

Buying a 2004 G with 50k miles is honestly kind of high miles...but if the price compensates for the high miles, it might be worh it. The infiniti is Japanese made, and even though it has it's little imperfections here and there, seems to be a pretty solid car. I don't there's been any real complaints about engine failure, electrical failure, or transmission failure you might get with European or American cars. I've got about 26k on my car, and it feels like it could run to a 100k and beyond with proper maintenance no problem. Is it completely problem free? No. But as far as the important aspects of the car..ie...engine, transmission, electrical, no problems at all (knock on wood).
I have quite a few friends who own Audi's and BMW's...problems occur here and there...I mean problems like their car's dont start and/or check engine lights. Just keep researching...I know you can search the forums for G's with high mileage or G's with problems and see what info you can gather.

Sorry for the long post, didn't mean to ramble, but I hope this helps you on your decision.

Old 08-19-2005, 04:26 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
I would never buy a used sports car. Period. I don't care who is selling it.

That's just me. I wouldn't be able to trust that the car was treated in the manner I'd prefer. All it takes is a few days of reading in these forums to realize why.

Old 08-19-2005, 04:57 PM
Originally Posted by GeeWillikers
I would never buy a used sports car. Period. I don't care who is selling it.

That's just me. I wouldn't be able to trust that the car was treated in the manner I'd prefer. All it takes is a few days of reading in these forums to realize why.
lol. agreed. after a few minutes reading a thread about people having sex in their car, i decided not to get used. never know wut kind of stuff goes on.

Old 08-19-2005, 05:15 PM
who cares. you fuqed a girl who fuqed other guys u can buy a used car

Old 08-19-2005, 05:57 PM
Rollin On Dubz
It's a used CAR, not a used piece of underwear. Just get a detail if your worried about that kinda stuff...lol

Old 08-19-2005, 06:18 PM
ok, never mind about the used cars of 50k miles.
I found a IP 6MT 2004 with 7000 miles and sunroof, but the dealer wants $30000 for it which is less than kbb private party value of $32k, should I be a look out on something? They said its certified. I know some people doesn't like to buy used cars, but some people doesn't like to put so much money on a car that will be used only for 2 years.

Old 08-19-2005, 06:29 PM
I would not buy a used sports car...does not matter what the dealership says...you do not know how the previous drive drove that car.

Old 08-19-2005, 07:08 PM
he drove it the same way your going to drive with it. fast! thats what sports cars are made for.

Old 08-19-2005, 07:14 PM
ok...some people does not have the luxury to buy a brand new car, I got the chance to buy a G35 and I choose to buy a used one since I am only going to use it for a couple of years.

Old 08-19-2005, 07:20 PM
I bought mine used, only because the new car sales manager at the dealership lived right accross the street from me. He leased my car for his wife and when I got it it had 14K well taken care of miles. My point being, if you know the history of the car (which is seldom possible) of course buy one used you can save a little $$$. But otherwise with a car like the G I would be hesitant especially one with 50K on it in 2 years.

Old 08-19-2005, 07:20 PM
you're making a 30k dollar investment, pay the 200 dollar inspection fee and have a real mechanic check it out for you. If the dealer, or private party, has a problem with you taking the car to an independent mechanic or shop, then stay away from the car.

Also dealers have some liability and will be there tommorrow if you need them. Private party might be in the business of scamming and could sell you a car that's salvaged and been repaired. A dealer with a licsence can not do that in the state of california. They must disclose that all to you, or else you can sue the pants off of them.

Hooman

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Would you buy used cars from dealer?