G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Slow 05 6mt

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slow 05 6mt

First post by the way guys...

I recently installed UR Pulley set with crawford headers as well as Z-tube with KN drop in. My friend in a stock 04 G35 still pulls on me. im so disappointed i dont know why this is happening. We even traded cars to see if it was driver. My h/f cats, plenum and borla td are on the way. hope this makes the car a little faster... any input?

Old 08-21-2005, 11:45 PM
Did you change the wheels?

Old 08-21-2005, 11:50 PM
no wheels, stock 19's i have however replaced the crappy RE050 with Michelin PS2's

Old 08-22-2005, 12:04 AM
Buy a race car

Old 08-22-2005, 12:12 AM
Bolt-ons are a waste of money man. You might even lose some hp and tq with those.

Old 08-22-2005, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by SinG35c
Bolt-ons are a waste of money man. You might even lose some hp and tq with those.
He's right about losing power. You need to be careful about combining mods. But not a waste of money by any means. Some ppl want to say they can beat an M3 and others just want to say they have 300 hp and have a good sounding exhaust to go along with it.

Please tell me you did a pre-mod dyno. It's important. You definitely need to monitor your A/F ratio. You may run lean w/ all those mods.

The headers are probably not fully effective without the other mods. You need the cats! Z-tube doesn't do much at all. Install the other stuff and then let us know how fast you are compared to your friend. I'm sure you will do much better against him!

Good call w/ the Crawford Stuff. Return the Borla! Save up for HKS Hi Power if you must. But I'm sure you got the $$$. Get a used Y-pipe and use the stock exhaust for a while if necessary.

This is my 2 cents. Good luck.

Old 08-22-2005, 01:29 AM
Did you race from a roll? Was it from a stop? You never really mentioned what happened when you switched cars....Yours has more hp but a little less torque. Stock for stock it should be a drivers race till you get up top.

And I can't see a nice set of crawford headers giving you a LOSS of power.

Old 08-22-2005, 01:45 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does your friend have a 6MT too? How many miles do you have? The Crawford package does add power but not enough to make a difference in a driver's race. Instead of spending 3-4K on bolt ons, why don't you just buy a Vortech?

Old 08-22-2005, 01:54 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
you have the pipe leading to the plenum but everything below that is still stock.. your not going to do anything by trying to force more air into somethng thats already at max capacity.. you gained like what 2 hp.. great.. (suggesting plenum upgrade or at least a spacer)

you have headers but still running stock cats and muffler.. the exhuast will help you alot once you get it (Suggesting highflow cats or straight pipe) but you need to think of intake and exhuast (headers, cats, muffler) as one MOD..

pullies do not do much in general for us so yeah.. HOWEVER i do not see why your friend should be pulling on u O.o.. u should've done a baseline dyno somewhere before u started moding..

Old 08-22-2005, 07:02 AM
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
you have the pipe leading to the plenum but everything below that is still stock.. your not going to do anything by trying to force more air into somethng thats already at max capacity.. you gained like what 2 hp.. great.. (suggesting plenum upgrade or at least a spacer)

you have headers but still running stock cats and muffler.. the exhuast will help you alot once you get it (Suggesting highflow cats or straight pipe) but you need to think of intake and exhuast (headers, cats, muffler) as one MOD..

pullies do not do much in general for us so yeah.. HOWEVER i do not see why your friend should be pulling on u O.o.. u should've done a baseline dyno somewhere before u started moding..
You had Crawford Headers and they didn't even help you beat a stock '04? Don't let Neffster see this...

Old 08-22-2005, 08:47 AM
We ran it from a second gear roll. Right off the start he pulls. His is a 6mt as well btw. Switching drivers yeilded the same results. PieroG35 what is wrong with the borla true dual? i had it on my 350z before i totaled it and i liked the sound of it. And as i have read on the forums, unless i have overlooked something, the vortech does not fit on the '05. What would be the best FI for an 05, has anyone done this?

Old 08-22-2005, 09:43 AM
FGC's official flip flopper
Vortech is working on the 05 MT fix. Shouldn't be too much longer though.....

Old 08-22-2005, 10:26 AM
The '05's rev-up engine and ecu is a different animal than the 03 and 04 6mts. What works for the 03 and 04s might not work for the 05 (i.e. plenum, headers, etc). You may be running too rich or too lean, which can't be fixed with an ECU reflash just yet. I wouldn't recommend that anyone with the rev-up engine use any mods that were made for the '03 and 04 engines.

Old 08-22-2005, 10:59 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dentalstud
You had Crawford Headers and they didn't even help you beat a stock '04? Don't let Neffster see this...
I wish people like you would stop showing their own insecurities by mentioning people like neffster in every Crawford thread. You don't even have headers/cats yet, neither have you done as many dyno days as neffster has, so please keep your ignorance to yourself.

Old 08-22-2005, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by ropio
We ran it from a second gear roll. Right off the start he pulls.
Start your race from a 5000-rpm roll. You'll do much better.

Seriously, the horsepower/torque curve was bumped signficantly higher in the rev range for the '05 6MT models. Your buddy's older 6MT has a larger amount of low-end torque, and that's what gets you going from low-rpm roll-on races such as what you're describing. On top of that, you may have have exacerbated the problem with your mods, sacrificing still more low-end torque for top-end horsepower.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Slow 05 6mt