G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

quality of g35driver.com

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 08:23 AM
Man with green rock in Vortech
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here are my three biggest things with this board/post:

1. Most of the people that do the complaining aren't even Premier Members! You don't even support the forum that you complain about, so how can you even think that your opinion matters? This forum has a wealth of knowledge and knowledgable people that definitely deserves the $30 or whatever. I am not pointing anyone in particular out (not even the creator of this thread), but you can't really complain about something that you don't even contribute to yourselves... can you?

2. I agree that there needs to be some better moderation. Yes, it is fun to have a "Ms. G35 Driver" and it is fun to make fun of the ignorant when they post stupid stupid threads that make everyone laugh, but this all has its place = Off Topic. There are a ton of threads I see everyday that could easily just be moved into OT and no one would be the wiser that they were even there to bother you.

3. And lastly, if you don't want to read something off topic, that's the beauty of a internet forum - YOU DON'T HAVE TO! Don't click any topics that don't pertain to what you are interested in. Just don't click, and if for some reason you have a freudian slip of the hand and the mouse clicks one of those threads there are about 10 ways to 'escape' relatively quickly from both the top, bottom and even middle of the page (key shortcuts).

[/rant]

Old 09-01-2005, 08:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i dont think it has to do with premier membership.
its primarily the way this site is moderated.

Old 09-01-2005, 08:44 AM
Originally Posted by turbomaxima
Here are my three biggest things with this board/post:

1. Most of the people that do the complaining aren't even Premier Members! You don't even support the forum that you complain about, so how can you even think that your opinion matters? This forum has a wealth of knowledge and knowledgable people that definitely deserves the $30 or whatever. I am not pointing anyone in particular out (not even the creator of this thread), but you can't really complain about something that you don't even contribute to yourselves... can you?

2. I agree that there needs to be some better moderation. Yes, it is fun to have a "Ms. G35 Driver" and it is fun to make fun of the ignorant when they post stupid stupid threads that make everyone laugh, but this all has its place = Off Topic. There are a ton of threads I see everyday that could easily just be moved into OT and no one would be the wiser that they were even there to bother you.

3. And lastly, if you don't want to read something off topic, that's the beauty of a internet forum - YOU DON'T HAVE TO! Don't click any topics that don't pertain to what you are interested in. Just don't click, and if for some reason you have a freudian slip of the hand and the mouse clicks one of those threads there are about 10 ways to 'escape' relatively quickly from both the top, bottom and even middle of the page (key shortcuts).

[/rant]
Maybe your first point has some validity. I definately agree with your second point, but I have a problem with your third point. Granted posters can do what you recommend, but with the way this Board operates, most recent message to the top, there's a danger that serious car threads can quickly be overwhelmed by off topic threads and be moved to the second page and get lost. This is good Board with lots of knowledgeable posters, and it will only get better with the new enforcement policy.

Old 09-01-2005, 08:54 AM
G's Up, Ho's Down
Another point, HOW MANY PEOPLE CLICK ON FORUMS and HOW MANY PEOPLE CLICK ON THE TOP LEFT DROP DOWN!!

Shouldnt it be added to the drop down menu?

Old 09-01-2005, 09:05 AM
Devil's Advocate
I still don't understand why this thread is in the coupe forum.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:07 AM
Proper moderation would fix the problem.

move and/or lock improper threads.
Ban repeat offenders.

if it doesn't have specifically to do with maintance or modifcations of a G35 then it belongs "everything else section".

I've moderated many other forums and would be glad to help this one out too.

Old 09-01-2005, 09:31 AM
FGC's official flip flopper
I guess I'll play devils advocate on this one.

While I agree that many posts belong in the off-topic forum...some that you mention do not. Every post in the coupe/sedan forum doesn't have to be technical or modification related. In fact, just as some of you argue there is an off topic forum...there is also plenty of modification/technical forums. What does that leave us with. A coupe and sedan forum for those of us...well...with coupes and sedans. (A valid point is every time I needed some technical information and use the search feature....I always find my answer in the other forums like Audio/Video, Suspension, Forced Induction, etc. and not the coupe forum). In fact...when people post a technical question in the coupe forum....people always send them to the search button or to a particular forum).

Why can't the coupe or sedan forum be for anything having to do with our cars...even if its a remote topic like Ms. G35 thread. If its about the Iraq war or Atlanta Braves...sure...its off topic. But, threads that have to do with our car in any way...should be allowed to be in the main forums where the audience is larger. Like Turbomaxima said...if you don't want to read it...don't click it. And while I understand the argument that these posts "push" valid threads off page 1....you can always, and mistake me if I am wrong, click on page 2 and read them from there. I know its a tough concept.

All in all....I love the folks here...young, old, nice or spiteful. It makes for fun reading while at work. I know I am in the minority here and figured I would make the best argument I could. Flame away...

Last edited by g8tor20; 09-01-2005 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-01-2005, 09:32 AM
I certainly won't renew my "Premium" membership when it expires. Not worth $30 a year for an avatar. Besides my '04 Coupe 6MT, I also own a '91 300ZX 5MT and the twinturbo.com board is so much better than this one when it comes to discussing mods and real topics about the car.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by g8tor20
I guess I'll play devils advocate on this one.

While I agree that many posts belong in the off-topic forum...some that you mention do not. Every post in the coupe/sedan forum doesn't have to be technical or modification related. In fact, just as some of you argue there is an off topic forum...there is also plenty of modification/technical forums. What does that leave us with. A coupe and sedan forum for those of us...well...with coupes and sedans. (A valid point is every time I needed some technical information and use the search feature....I always find my answer in the other forums like Audio/Video, Suspension, Forced Induction, etc. and not the coupe forum). In fact...when people post a technical question in the coupe forum....people always send them to the search button or to a particular forum).

Why can't the coupe or sedan forum be for anything having to do with our cars...even if its a remote topic like Ms. G35 thread. If its about the Iraq war or Atlanta Braves...sure...its off topic. But, threads that have to do with our car in any way...should be allowed to be in the main forums where the audience is larger. Like Turbomaxima said...if you don't want to read it...don't click it. And while I understand the argument that these posts "push" valid threads off page 1....you can always, and mistake me if I am wrong, click on page 2 and read them from there. I know its a tough concept.

All in all....I love the folks here...young, old, nice or spiteful. It makes for fun reading while at work. I know I am in the minority here and figured I would make the best argument I could. Flame away...
Explain houses to foreclose: 1 in your sig. Please.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:12 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by FAST1
I think the posts on this forum are representative of the average age group of its posters which is probably early 20s. My real love is Porsches, and my favorite site is Rennlist.com. If you visit that site the tenor is far different and again that's because of the age group of the posters which is probably early 40s.

I'm not saying that one is good and the other is bad, it's just that they are different and it's to be expected.
Hey, I frequent Rennlist.org everyday as well. I must agree with you on the posters there. They do talk cars and evey DIY issues you can think of. I also belong to Mercedesshop.com.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:16 AM
FGC's official flip flopper
Originally Posted by big daddy d
Explain houses to foreclose: 1 in your sig. Please.

Hahaha. Just a joke (Not really foreclosing). Just seems like the mod bug has hit me and I spend way too much on my G.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Man with green rock in Vortech
Originally Posted by FAST1
Maybe your first point has some validity. I definately agree with your second point, but I have a problem with your third point. Granted posters can do what you recommend, but with the way this Board operates, most recent message to the top, there's a danger that serious car threads can quickly be overwhelmed by off topic threads and be moved to the second page and get lost. This is good Board with lots of knowledgeable posters, and it will only get better with the new enforcement policy.
Almost word for word what I would have responded with:

Originally Posted by g8tor20

Well said my friend.. I couldn't agree more. The fact of the matter is, you don't have to stay on page 1, there are subsiquent pages for a reason; nothing gets deleted when it leaves page 1.

Originally Posted by gspotter
I certainly won't renew my "Premium" membership when it expires. Not worth $30 a year for an avatar. Besides my '04 Coupe 6MT, I also own a '91 300ZX 5MT and the twinturbo.com board is so much better than this one when it comes to discussing mods and real topics about the car.
So in all of these 30 posts (https://g35driver.com/forums/search.php?searchid=419850), ranging from K&N Filter, to Clear Bra and etc questions - you have not received your $30 worth? This forum hasn't helped you in numerous searches with problems that may have come up or questions you've had? You aren't forced by any means to support the forum, I just think it's funny when people say they get nothing out of their $30, when really, this place will almost 99% of the time yield the answer to any question you ask (even if it is some lame bikini thread or some bs).

Old 09-01-2005, 10:30 AM
About once a month or once every 2 months a member complains about the content on these forums. I agree the 'content' level (in the coupe/general section) has gone down from when I joined, but I simply avoid the coupe-general section for this exact reason. When I first joined G driver, there were posts about replacing every bulb in the car w/ part numbers and pics, there was a good thread for aftermarket intake owners..etc. Now we have Mr./Ms. G driver, we have people posting pics of themselves in body shirts....i mean cmon!! Nobody will always be pleased, so there's usually 2 options, join the fun, or simply avoid it. I choose to simply avoid it for the most part....for more informative threads, check out the modifications section....

Old 09-01-2005, 10:39 AM
Like the internet itself it is what you make of it. You can find your way to the info or get lost in the drivel but either way, it's your choosing to hang out in that section.

There is nothing wrong with G35driver.com. We just need to post correctly.

Old 09-01-2005, 10:47 AM
i dont know if this has been mentioned already but i think the reason why people think this forum has gone downhill is because our cars have been out for a few years now. Back when i started viewing g35driver..it was very informative cause people were doing new things to thier cars (i.e z tubes, intakes, wheels) now all that stuff is mundane. All the info is still here (use search) just nothing really new coming out.

I havent visited this site for awhile but have recently come back for the community aspects (entertainment value) of the site. Yes those kind of post should be in the off topic area, but seriously the coupe forum is just much more popular. There are usually like 90 people viewing compared to like 10 on the off topic.

this is the internet guys. im def guilty of my fair share of "useless" post or replies but its all good fun.

Last edited by axiochris; 09-01-2005 at 10:50 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: quality of g35driver.com