G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

For those of you who went to Skip Barber Racing School?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-08-2005, 10:36 PM
Gangster Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those of you who went to Skip Barber Racing School?

Which course would you take?

The Two Day Driving School, or the Ultra High Performance if you had the chance, im thinking about taking one of these classes, and would you like to get some feedback, Ive driven for 6 years, got basic skills can handle cars like no other, but no wear near the professional or really experienced level. Would the two day be worth since they mostly talk about emergency lane changing and mostly safety issues, which ofcourse wont hurt but when you got the choice should i go striaght to the 2 day Ultra High performance, I'm planning on gettin something 340rhwp, when i come back from my trip.

Old 09-09-2005, 09:15 PM
I took the 2 day driving up in Limerock about 3-4 years ago. Are you sure they'll let you take the ultra high without taking the driving first?

Anyway, with the driving you do skidpad, slalom, emergency braking, autocross, heel/toe, and other worthwhile and sometimes challenging exercises. You also get classroom on vehicle dynamics and other technical issues, which might be the most valuable part. Instructors are all trained professionals, and let me take my BMW 528 5-speed (had before my '03 6m/t) on the autocross (where we later got to drive the viper, and did team relay laps). Then the instuctor drove my BMW on the track and showed me what it could really do. At the end of the 2 days, I was rung out. These instructors can be downright sadistic during certain exercises. Guess you could say I support it because I attended, or because historically I haven't been an overly aggressive driver, but one thing is for sure: I'm driving 30 years now, and this course changed my entire approach behind the wheel.

Old 09-16-2005, 01:22 PM
I'd love to run Infineon...

I've done at least 500 laps there in a stock G35 in GT4.

Old 09-16-2005, 01:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From the website it says

Prerequisite: Dodge/Skip Barber Driving School (One- or Two-Day class) or Intro to Racing or One Day Combo or membership/experience with organized driving club.

So...I guess you can't just jump right in.

Hooman

Old 09-16-2005, 01:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bluestreak
I'm driving 30 years now, and this course changed my entire approach behind the wheel.

Definately. Although carting is good experience having a professional critique your driving is the most beneficial. I did a custom one-day at Limerock with my entire race team. It was outstanding.

Professional: "Class, we won't let you move over to the autocross until you can powerslide the entire skidpad . . ."

Those guys are awesome.

I will say though, there are much cheaper opportunities if you seek them out. I was just at an open track day fundraiser at Waterford Hills in Michigan. I paid $150 (went all to charity) for 6-20 minute sessions with renowned Corvette driver Danny Kellermeyer.