G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

My G35 is sick way too often! :(

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 01:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My G35 is sick way too often! :(

I own a 2004 5AT G35 Coupe in Twilight Blue and I must start off letting everyone know that I absolutely love this car to death! As of tomorrow, it will be my sixth time taking my car down to the dealer and it has only been a year so far. The problems I have had with my car and had to get it fixed were:
_ CD Player wouldn't play CDs
_ Speakers would fade (would go quiet on one side of the car and then the sound would return after awhile)
_ Rattling noises from the speakers (must be because of the loud volume and the +5 Bass )
_ My speedometer clear plastic screen cracking for no reason (sorry this one is quite random)
_ Factory chrome rims starting to peel on all four rims
_ Exhaust problems (my idle wouldn't stay constant, would bounce about 100 or 200 rpms and the car would be vibrating really hard)
_ Trunk button wouldn't operate (had to use the remote, you can imagine how annoying that was)

Recently I attended a high school football game between rivaling schools and my G got keyed on both sides (driver side and passenger). The driver side is semi deep and the passenger side is slightly noticeable. And to top it all off, those punks left a post it on my trunk saying "SKYLINE MY ***". So I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow to fix my trunk button and the speedometer plastic screen fixed and to ask around for a good bodyshop. Has anybody else experienced any of these problems with their G35 and if you did, did you happen to also have many other problems (as listed above) follow with the problem? As for individuals who have had their beautiful G35s damaged by ignorant, immature, and heartless a**holes, how much did you guys (and girls ) pay to fix the key scratches?
Thanks in advance

Old 09-12-2005, 02:04 AM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by wh1texpawn
I own a 2004 5AT G35 Coupe in Twilight Blue and I must start off letting everyone know that I absolutely love this car to death! As of tomorrow, it will be my sixth time taking my car down to the dealer and it has only been a year so far. The problems I have had with my car and had to get it fixed were:
_ Speakers would fade (would go quiet on one side of the car and then the sound would return after awhile)
_ Rattling noises from the speakers (must be because of the loud volume and the +5 Bass )
_ My speedometer clear plastic screen cracking for no reason (sorry this one is quite random)
_ Exhaust problems (my idle wouldn't stay constant, would bounce about 100 or 200 rpms and the car would be vibrating really hard)
_ Trunk button wouldn't operate (had to use the remote, you can imagine how annoying that was)

Recently I attended a high school football game between rivaling schools and my G got keyed on both sides (driver side and passenger). The driver side is semi deep and the passenger side is slightly noticeable. And to top it all off, those punks left a post it on my trunk saying "SKYLINE MY ***". So I am taking it to the dealer tomorrow to fix my trunk button and the speedometer plastic screen fixed and to ask around for a good bodyshop. Has anybody else experienced any of these problems with their G35 and if you did, did you happen to also have many other problems (as listed above) follow with the problem? As for individuals who have had their beautiful G35s damaged by ignorant, immature, and heartless a**holes, how much did you guys (and girls ) pay to fix the key scratches?
Thanks in advance
Wow, i'm really sorry to hear about that man you seem to have been getting some pretty badluck.. hopefully your dealership will be able to fix all of your problems that youre having.. as far as having your car vandalized. my 05 coupe was keyed along the passenger side 1 month after i got it.. i didn't even have plates yet.. i got it fixed 2 weeks go and just got it back.. last week, it got keyed on the drivers side so i feel your pain...

i paid 1500 for the front fender, door, rear quarter and bumper to be repainted the first time... this time only for two panels, the door and the rear quarter is costing me 1000...

Old 09-12-2005, 10:26 AM
You got my sympathies! Bad run of luck.

"_ Factory chrome rims starting to peel on all four rims" - No such thing as factory chrome. They're all aftermarket chrome jobs offered by dealers, so the quality is hit-and-miss. Sounds like you got a bad batch or a bad supplier. Since you thought it was factory, I assume the dealer put them on the car as part of the sale. If all four are peeling, the ONLY solution is new rims. (You can't fix a bad chrome job.)

Hope you have better luck in the future!

Old 09-12-2005, 10:56 AM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

>>Maybe related to your aftermarket audio/video mods?

>> some dealerships car wash people are pretty rough on the speedometer screen.

>> It's aftermarket chrome done wrong. Get them replaced.

>> Could be grounding kit problem if it's not connected right. or related to your intake installation.

Recently I attended a high school football game between rivaling schools and my G got keyed on both sides.....

>> Bad luck

Old 09-12-2005, 01:57 PM
Hey has the dealer said anything about that speaker fade? Or when they do can you post/PM the results? I have the same exact problem on mine, and of course when its at the dealers it works fine so they wont do anything. Its already been 3 times, and I really dont feel like writing a letter to Infiniti to get something as silly as this fixed.

Old 09-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Make sure the switch inside the glovebox is not set to defeat the switch on the dash.

Yes, the radio sucks. Many others have the same issue with their headunit. My recommendation is to find another dealership to replace it under warranty.

Old 09-12-2005, 10:35 PM
I had the same problem with the trunk button....at times the remote would NOT open the trunk and neither would the switch inside the car...i would turn the key on in the car...then use the switch inside ..after that the remote would work!....this happens sometimes...maybe a total of 4 times since i have owned the car...????

Old 09-13-2005, 01:24 AM
Hey Mr. Cynical,
This has been my second time going down to the dealership for the same exact reason and I do hope they find what the problem is and hopefully find a solution to the sound issues. As to everybody else, thank you for your contribution to this thread! I learned quite a few things (so it really isn't factory infiniti chrome wheels, darn, but they still replaced all four of mine under warrenty ) and I decided to rebadge my car back to INFINITI G35 ever since the keying incident.. didn't want to stand out of the crowd anymore . Anyhow, ill fill you guys in on if the dealership is able to fix these problems (btw i go to the South Bay Infiniti located down in Torrance, CA) and update you guys on the repair for the cars. Thanks guys and girls and have a nice day

Old 09-13-2005, 02:09 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Let us know how the dealership in Torrance is. As you can see, I live in Torrance but was hesitant to go there since I still have my Dealer Plates on (damn, it's 2 months now, wonder what's taking so long!) from the Glendale Infiniti. If they do a good job, maybe I'll go there instead of the Glendale Location (I heard the Glendale location is pretty fair). Keep us posted.

Old 09-13-2005, 07:37 AM
As somebody else already said. The funny idle is most likely your grounding kit. That happened to my old car with a grounding kit, and I've heard of it happening to other people with ground kits.

-Jason

Old 09-13-2005, 09:47 PM
Okay some quick updates for you guys;
As for the idle issue RunHighPSI, it was before I installed the Grounding Gear and the problem has been fixed for a long time (and lets hope it stays that way ) Thanks for the heads up though . As for the people who are having the speaker fading issue, South Bay Infiniti did call me today and notified me that there was a problem with the radio and a new unit will be in tomorrow at 11 (that was honestly a lot faster than I expected) and the dealer did fix all of my other previously listed problems. In my opinion, although I have had a lot of problems with my G35, I am actually okay with it since South Bay Infiniti does such a great job with their customers and they will do anything they can to keep you satisfied with your vehicles whether its repairs, questions, or even if your just there to just look around and check out all of the lovely G35s they have . Mephisto, if your dealer is not working out for you, I do recommend South Bay Infiniti; two thumbs WAY up . I did see a thread recently about South Bay Infiniti installing an aftermarket spoiler on his/her g35 and as for that, I really do not know how that might have happened so when I do pick up my vehicle tomorrow i'll ask and see whats going on with that. Thank you smokedhen for your insight on the key scratches! I feel your pain and I really do hope stuff like that won't happen to us again . I can buff out the right side with the light scratches and repair the ones on the left (I'm actually installing cameras from www.x10.com by my house so if the damages done to my car were for personal reasons, im sure they'll be back to ruin my life even more; and this time i'll be prepared ). Anyhow, thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread and if anyone else does have similar problems, please feel free to post here and im sure one of us will be more than willing to give you a hand

Old 09-13-2005, 09:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Each door should be around 300-400 to repaint. If you don't want to spend that much, get the Lanka system. Works great on rock chips, but it should work on a key scratch equally as well, it will just be more time consuming.

Old 09-13-2005, 10:46 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by wh1texpawn
Okay some quick updates for you guys;
As for the idle issue RunHighPSI, it was before I installed the Grounding Gear and the problem has been fixed for a long time (and lets hope it stays that way ) Thanks for the heads up though . As for the people who are having the speaker fading issue, South Bay Infiniti did call me today and notified me that there was a problem with the radio and a new unit will be in tomorrow at 11 (that was honestly a lot faster than I expected) and the dealer did fix all of my other previously listed problems. In my opinion, although I have had a lot of problems with my G35, I am actually okay with it since South Bay Infiniti does such a great job with their customers and they will do anything they can to keep you satisfied with your vehicles whether its repairs, questions, or even if your just there to just look around and check out all of the lovely G35s they have . Mephisto, if your dealer is not working out for you, I do recommend South Bay Infiniti; two thumbs WAY up . I did see a thread recently about South Bay Infiniti installing an aftermarket spoiler on his/her g35 and as for that, I really do not know how that might have happened so when I do pick up my vehicle tomorrow i'll ask and see whats going on with that. Thank you smokedhen for your insight on the key scratches! I feel your pain and I really do hope stuff like that won't happen to us again . I can buff out the right side with the light scratches and repair the ones on the left (I'm actually installing cameras from www.x10.com by my house so if the damages done to my car were for personal reasons, im sure they'll be back to ruin my life even more; and this time i'll be prepared ). Anyhow, thanks to everyone for their contribution to this thread and if anyone else does have similar problems, please feel free to post here and im sure one of us will be more than willing to give you a hand

Thanks for the updates. No, the good thing is I haven't had any issues with my car at all since I bought it. Well, only thing is the damn BLOSE where you have go turn the treble up or down a notch when starting the car to have you original settings back on the Head Unit. Damn BLOSE, although I heard it was really Clarion who made the head unit. Other than that, maybe I'll send my car over to Infiniti of South Bay. I just don't want to have the Glendale Plates on my car when I go in for the Head Unit to be fix (if they can even do that). They might just get back at me for not buying it there

Old 09-14-2005, 12:04 AM
Hey mephisto,
im sure south bay could still come around to helping you out even if you did purchase it from glendale . As for the "Bose" (not BLOSE :P) bass and treble issue, try a search on the forum, I believe several people with 05s have this issue and should be able to help you out. Thanks Dan for your idea, but I don't know what the Lanka system is. What is it and where can I purchase this product? Thank you in advance Dan and good luck Mephisto and as for Allforthecash, get your car to the dealer and im sure they can fix your problem assuming you still have warranty.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My G35 is sick way too often! :(