G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Popping noise from rear

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 08:46 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, I have a similar sound and figured it out that it was the chair. It makes a clicking/squeaking sound once in a while or when the whole car jostles. It’s not too annoying and I took it in to the dealer. They said they can’t replicate it. I’ll just wait until my next oil change and will sit in the car with them.

Old 06-07-2006, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So the popping/thump noise from the rear deck are of my car was solved 6 months ago by torqueing down the rear crossmember bolts. It's now starting to come back and they want to wait until it's more pronounced before they have to pull the rear seat out, etc..

My question is, I thought the rear crossmemeber was the bar under the rear deck that's exposed when you pull the trunk liner down? Is there something that can be tightened under the rear seat too?

Old 12-22-2006, 11:47 PM
bump ... anyone else have this issue?

Old 02-20-2007, 09:15 PM
So at least they hear it. It's definitely something around the back seat. They take the whole back seat out when working on it. The last time I took it in, the tech told me he didn't think it was fixed but couldn't hear it any longer. (At least he was honest.) As soon as I drove it home I could hear the popping noise even more frequently. So he's on the right track. It's going back in.

Old 06-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by whyjay91
So at least they hear it. It's definitely something around the back seat. They take the whole back seat out when working on it. The last time I took it in, the tech told me he didn't think it was fixed but couldn't hear it any longer. (At least he was honest.) As soon as I drove it home I could hear the popping noise even more frequently. So he's on the right track. It's going back in.
I have this sound to. It's coming from the rear driver side seat area. Annoying!

Old 06-26-2007, 08:53 PM
my dealership just replaced my rear toe link under warrenty for a very simmiler sound. he heard it and knew right away what it was.

Old 06-28-2007, 03:56 PM
I got mine fixed and they said, after calling Infiniti Corp, the welds for the body panels (rear fender area) were too close to each other. They ended up spreading them somehow and tightening everything down again. Only rarely does it happen now and it's hardly audible. So I consider it fixed. (And I'm picky.)

Old 06-28-2007, 04:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
when your say rear fender what do you mean exactly? the read quarter panel?

Old 06-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Originally Posted by lekker_droom
when your say rear fender what do you mean exactly? the read quarter panel?

Sorry for the confusion, yes rear passenger quarter panel. Or near the rear-passenger fender flare.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:00 AM
Originally Posted by whyjay91
no not my rear! the G's rear!

Ok, so I can deal with all of the weird rattles and intermittent buzzing sounds from the interior but there's one noise that I can figure out. It's an intermittent 'popping' or 'click' sound coming from the rear of the car. Pretty sure it's in the interior. (No this is not the axle.)

I can't handle music early in the morning so I listen to NPR and this intermittent 'pop' 'click' is driving me nuts. I should probably have someone else drive the car while I sit in the back.

Anyone else getting this? Suggestions on where it might be? I doubt it's the rear dash/deck.
My brand new coupe has that. most often sounds like the passenger rear interior panels, sometimes possibly the sunroof area. Took it to dealer this morning and they say it was the sunroof. Also said they've had a few cars come in with same problem. It happens with sunroof open or closed since its an internal part thats loose. They kept the car overnight and gave me a 4dr automatic loaner car. I hate it.

Old 07-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by pantablo
My brand new coupe has that. most often sounds like the passenger rear interior panels, sometimes possibly the sunroof area. Took it to dealer this morning and they say it was the sunroof. Also said they've had a few cars come in with same problem. It happens with sunroof open or closed since its an internal part thats loose. They kept the car overnight and gave me a 4dr automatic loaner car. I hate it.

The sunroof problem and body panel problem are two different sounds and, ultimately, two different problems.

Old 07-25-2007, 09:46 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
so my 03 g35 coupe has made this noise twice before and i took it in to be fixed. it is now doing it yet again and it seems worse now than ever before....is this a tech service bulletin or only covered under warranty.... when i called the dealer they told me that i would have to pay for it now because i have 71k miles.. they last fixed it for me @ 56k miles.... what can i do to make this damn clicking go away.. or make them fix it without forking over $$$$ again to them

Old 02-07-2011, 04:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I get a popping noise from the rear when going over bumps.. what would it be?

Old 02-07-2011, 11:30 PM
OMG! you this happens to me too! I get a mixture of popping/squeaky noises.drives me crazy. I just play music all the time. It sounds like it's coming from the rear interior. Weird as hell

Old 02-07-2011, 11:34 PM
I do think it's the seat though. Sounds like it's coming from the driver side seat

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Popping noise from rear