G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Got a few questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-22-2005, 08:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Got a few questions

Please excuse my ignorance for some of these questions as they may seem trite and just downright stoopid But I just bought my G and see some terms thrown around here that I just don't know what they mean. So if you could help me out with these, I'd appreciate. I'm new to the non-honda world:

-What's a pop charger?
-What's a z-tube?
-What's a plenum: sounds like an area of the intake where air collects? And if so, is it something that's added or replaces a stock unit?
-How easily is the gear **** removed? It's just too damn big and bulbus for me. I want something smaller (i.e.- the Top Secret gear **** I had on my S2000)
-For those with a rear spoiler, is the third brake light behind the rear window there? And if so, does it still light up? I'll be getting the spoiler installed this weekend hopefully.

If you could also provide me with some good brand names for these items (z-tube, pop charger, and plenum) i'd appreciate it.

Thanx for all your help,
Chris

Old 09-22-2005, 09:22 AM
popcharger = cone air filter that attaches to a z-tube or the stock air intake.

z-tube = the stock 350z intake tube that replaces the stock intake tube, aka G-Tube.

Crawford Plenum = intake manifold cover. It is designed to allow an even distribution of air pressure drop between all of the cylinders.

Last edited by neffster; 09-22-2005 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:48 AM
Originally Posted by neffster
popcharger = cone air filter that attaches to a z-tube or the stock air intake.

z-tube = the stock 350z intake tube that replaces the stock intake tube, aka G-Tube.

Crawford Plenum = intake manifold cover. It is designed to allow an even distribution of air pressure drop between all of the cylinders.
Thanx for the info. I appreciate it

-Chris

Old 09-22-2005, 10:29 AM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
if you order the spoiler from the factory, the third brake light is NOT present. If you have it installed from the dealer, it will stay in place. The question is... when they go to install it, do you want it to stay operating, or have them disconnect it. on my last ride, i had the dealer install a spoiler and they left the 3rd brake light on and it wasnt hooked up correctly( it blinked with my right blinker). so i had to rewire the thing. hope this answers your question.

Old 09-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by g-adabout
if you order the spoiler from the factory, the third brake light is NOT present. If you have it installed from the dealer, it will stay in place. The question is... when they go to install it, do you want it to stay operating, or have them disconnect it. on my last ride, i had the dealer install a spoiler and they left the 3rd brake light on and it wasnt hooked up correctly( it blinked with my right blinker). so i had to rewire the thing. hope this answers your question.
yeah when i bought the car, it didn't have one. so i'm getting one installed. i guess i might as well have them leave the one behind the glass functional so it's not just "sitting" there doing nothing huh?
yeah....you answered my question
any info. about my gear **** question?

thanx again,
chris

Old 09-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by VR WHAT
yeah when i bought the car, it didn't have one. so i'm getting one installed. i guess i might as well have them leave the one behind the glass functional so it's not just "sitting" there doing nothing huh?
yeah....you answered my question
any info. about my gear **** question?

thanx again,
chris
You can get a Nismo shift ****
Nismo ****

Old 09-23-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by 007G35
You can get a Nismo shift ****
Nismo ****
Doooouuuuught!!!!!........too late. I JUST saw this and already ordered a shift **** yesterday. However thanx for the link. I'll keep it in mind should anything fall through

-Chris

Old 09-23-2005, 08:59 AM
Originally Posted by VR WHAT
Doooouuuuught!!!!!........too late. I JUST saw this and already ordered a shift **** yesterday. However thanx for the link. I'll keep it in mind should anything fall through

-Chris
That site has pretty much anything that you can think of for the G35c. They might not have the best price on everything, but at least you can see what is out there.

Old 09-23-2005, 09:02 AM
FGC South Florida BOD
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have the 3rd brake light disconnected, better yet have the windows tinted if you haven't already so that the tint can completely hide the 3rd brake light behind the window. Having both of them on looks extremely tacky.

Old 09-23-2005, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by 007G35
That site has pretty much anything that you can think of for the G35c. They might not have the best price on everything, but at least you can see what is out there.
Yeah I looked through it a bit. The Nismo **** is nice. Kinda the same shape as the one I ordered yesterday. Thanx again for the link.

-Chris

Old 09-23-2005, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by Finiti35
Have the 3rd brake light disconnected, better yet have the windows tinted if you haven't already so that the tint can completely hide the 3rd brake light behind the window. Having both of them on looks extremely tacky.
I was thinking the same thing. Tint's on my list to do, but I don't know if the 25% or 35% is dark enough to hide it completely. We'll see.

So is the factory shift **** tricky to take off?

-Chris