G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Bluetooth Question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2005, 03:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth Question

I am considering buying an '05 as opposed to waiting for the '06 -- hoping to get a good deal.

My only hold-up on the '05 is the lack of Bluetooth. Has anyone come up with a seamless way of integrating Bluetooth into their G?

Parrot seems to make a great kit that uses the factory radio audio and mutes when the phone rings and the whole bit. The only visible component is a small digital display that shows the caller ID info and such. Anyone done this? My local audio places have no clue about this product.

Will the '06 Bluetooth info display only on the radio, or will it display on the Nav screen too?

Thanks for any and all info.

Old 10-04-2005, 06:07 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Has anyone come up with a seamless way of integrating Bluetooth into their G?
forum search feature:
https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...ight=bluetooth

Old 10-04-2005, 06:08 PM
No one knows gritty details about the 06 BT. I'm not even sure how many phones would support a BT display. Your standard BT phone supports voice only headsets. But to install a "seemless" aftermarket BT is not a cake walk. You will never get things like an auto-mute with an aftermarket system when calls come in and etc. If BT is something you really want I would wait until the 06.

Old 10-04-2005, 06:16 PM
Thanks, but I am familiar with the search functions, but they did not answer my questions. However, I guess every question thread needs someone chastising the person about using the search feature, right?

Actually, after many calls striking out, I found one local installer who says he can (and has) integrated aftermarket Bluetooth into an '05 with Nav, so that the drivers door speaker provides the audio and there is automatic muting when a call comes in.

Anybody do this?

Old 10-04-2005, 06:47 PM
sorry for posting the link and trying to help you out. You asked if anyone had installed it and in that post someone did.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:08 PM
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member
So many smartasses on this board.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:27 PM
Red -- I didn't mean to take you on if you were trying to be helpful, but your very brief post implied that I was unaware of a search function and that the post you linked to answered all my questions.

In fact, one person describes an install of a Bluetooth system in that thread -- and not the seamless integration I was talking about with auto muting and using the car's own sound system.

I am sorry -- but people around here seem to be in a huge hurry to knock new people down for asking a question. I used the seach feature -- and I read about 5 or 6 threads on aftermarket Bluetooth, some very old, and then forumulated the question I asked. I am not sure what the huge harm is in asking a question, even if some variation of it might have been asked before.

Anyone else have thoughts on aftermarket Bluetooth using the car's sound system?

Old 10-04-2005, 07:29 PM
I have the exact parrot model you are talking about. I put the display inside the cubby hole on the flip-lid where it's flat and it fits perfectly. The mic is located high on the A-pillar and that's pretty much all you can see. When there's an incoming call, the music will automute and you will hear them speak from the speakers. Once the call ends, the music comes back on. Everyone tells me they can hear my voice fine even when I'm driving on the freeway.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Thanks, Achen.

Do you have a pic of the display mounting by any chance? Do you mind telling me about what you paid for the installation, or did you do it yourself?

It sounds like you are pretty happy with it.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:38 PM
np, there were so many posts about bluetooth i thought you might want to know how to get them, if you hadn't done a search yet. I think there is also one talking about Parrot.

btw, if you haven't yet, you should check out the FL g35 club, link is in my sig. Club has special arrangements for new car purchases with Lokey.

Last edited by redwillow; 10-04-2005 at 07:48 PM.
Old 10-04-2005, 07:40 PM
DDGator. If you go hang in the AV forum el_duderino sells that system at his shop in Portland OR. I'm sure he can give you some info.

www.avincar.com

Old 10-04-2005, 07:41 PM
Hmmm... I didn't see a thread on parrot. Bet we will find some more installs out there now though, it seems to be a really nice product.

Will do, Geeman.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:53 PM
i paid around 200 for the kit and 100 for install (kinda expensive)

Attached Thumbnails Bluetooth Question-img_0664.jpg   Bluetooth Question-img_0669.jpg  
Old 10-04-2005, 08:40 PM
I dont think that is expensive. My only quote I managed to get was $500!

I link the install, but wit the nav system I won't have that spot. Thanks though I appreciate the info and the pics!

Old 10-04-2005, 08:49 PM
There was not a post on it but I'm planning on having him do some work for me so I've been to his web site and his shop. I know some of his products. I know he'll see your post if you stick it in the AV forum.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bluetooth Question