G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Between White and Red

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 08:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Between the two, IP would be my pick. Red is just plain girly or juvenile take your pick. If you want to feel more of a man get DG, Black, or Platinum. Please dont get tacky red just looks bad on the G.

Old 10-06-2005, 09:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red G's look awesome when I see them driving down the road.

Old 10-06-2005, 10:55 AM
There are some really fine RED G's on these forums, so I know they have potential.

IMO, you should stick to your black-interior-above-all preference. There are too many IP/Stone coupes running around as is. Personally, the black interior was a pretty big deal to me too for a while. Very happy I wanted IP more. Now that I've got my IP/Stone combo, I wish they'd retire it and ONLY offer black and wheat.

Old 10-06-2005, 01:12 PM
Originally Posted by B GrAzi
ur insurance will be higher with a red car!!
Where do people get this crap? I don't think insurance rates have been affected by car colors for over 30 years. I used to build auto insurance rate algorithms (and still work with them quite regularly). I have yet to see car color factor in to any of them.

I will admit that red seems to attract the attention of police. More tickets = higher insurance. Still, the rate is based on the number of tickets - not the color.

Old 10-06-2005, 01:17 PM
Originally Posted by sarcasmo
Where do people get this crap? I don't think insurance rates have been affected by car colors for over 30 years. I used to build auto insurance rate algorithms (and still work with them quite regularly). I have yet to see car color factor in to any of them.

I will admit that red seems to attract the attention of police. More tickets = higher insurance. Still, the rate is based on the number of tickets - not the color.
unfortunately, that crap isnt a joke. i have 2 friends paying extra just the fact that they have red color on sports car. (coupe or w/e you wanna call that is)

also, i think it's not an option for IP exterior / DG interior according to official web. (not really sure but, is it possible to get them if you are ordering it?)
look at JDM cars that offer white ext and black int. none IMO

Old 10-06-2005, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by JDM 350GT
unfortunately, that crap isnt a joke. i have 2 friends paying extra just the fact that they have red color on sports car. (coupe or w/e you wanna call that is)

also, i think it's not an option for IP exterior / DG interior according to official web. (not really sure but, is it possible to get them if you are ordering it?)
look at JDM cars that offer white ext and black int. none IMO
Who are your friends insured with? There are a number of things that go into insurance rates that most people simply don't understand (credit scores, zip code, driving patterns, ISO symbols, gender, age, previous insurance, driving history, etc.). A number of people think they are being charged extra because of the color of their car simply because they don't understand why their rate is different from that of their buddy who 'seems' to have the exact same car and life situation. It doesn't help that a number of agents (who are generally idiots when it comes to rating patterns) still give out bad information like 'car rates are based on car color' because that's easier for them to explain than the other factors.

I can tell you that the rate algorithms for the top auto insurers (and several others) in this country do not include color. This is what I do for a living. Similarly, several states have mandated algorithms for all carriers and none of those states allow color to be used in the base calculations or surcharges. I guess your friends could be insured with some stone-age company though. In that case I would advice them to switch carriers. When purchasing auto insurance the color of your car does not have to matter.

Old 10-06-2005, 01:31 PM
They both suck.. get black.. lol .. jk ... i'd go with red if you really want the black interior

Old 10-06-2005, 02:41 PM
Originally Posted by truplay8
wrong.......not with 05 and 06's...........looks like your going with red
Sorry, my IP car with black interior is an 04 model which was purchased near my home in California. Since I have not been in the market for a new car, I didn't know it was not available anymore.

Old 10-06-2005, 04:15 PM
When was the last time you called to add a vehicle to a policy (or started a new policy) and they asked you what color the car is?

If you did it in person, they may have simply seen the "sucker" on your forehead.

Old 10-06-2005, 05:00 PM
lol... yea i dunno i just love black int. had it in each car i have owned i dunno light color interiors just dont do it for me. guess ill go with red, will see still waiting on the 06 release date anyways but if u guys got some pics of the white with the Stone int post them maybe ill change my mind. ethier way thx for all your inputs

Old 10-06-2005, 05:01 PM
Get white or silver or black then buy some clear corners so your car will look the exact same as everyone elses on this forum.

I get stares every day in my LR coupe. The ladies love red, it doesnt get as hot as black, and its not impossible to keep clean. There are like 50 black ones within a 20 mile radius of me and Ive only seen one red, and it looks like an auto w/ no packages. I dont think Ive ever seen either of the 2 current blues, but I started looking at these cars after I saw a Caribbean Blue in my neighborhood.

Oh, and everyone that has seen it tells me Im going to get tickets all the time. In the last 6 months Ive gone by at least 3 cops going 10-15 over and never broke a sweat.

Last edited by phishman; 10-06-2005 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:04 PM
I do like the dark blue. Very classy.

As for providing pics of the IP/Stone combo...

...sorry. It's been discontinued.

And I have yet to see a red one in person. I think this will end up being one of the rare colors.

Old 10-06-2005, 06:39 PM
red

Old 10-06-2005, 07:18 PM
Rollin On Dubz
Red is a beautiful color on the G, that laser red is a nice shade. I think it goes real well with the lines of the car. I especially think red on black is a real sweet combo.

The color of your car has to convey what you want, if you want to stand out go Red. If you want to blend into traffic on the road, get white or black or silver.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Between White and Red