G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 Coupe is a piece of Art, most beautiful car ever?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yes it is the greatest looking car for under 40k no dought in my mind.

Old 10-12-2005, 06:30 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me
G35c is sure a hot lookin coup, but most beautiful ever? nah.. not even close. like everyone have mentioned, Aston Martin is way better looking, and to me, prob the best looking coup on earth rightnow. of course, you add in the SL Merc, Bently Cont. GT, etc...the list goes on and on.

if its a beauty competition for Coups, G35 will rank high.. but still not in the class of the cars i have just mentioned above.
but if we are talking bout CARS overall, G35 is not even close. any Ferrari is better looking,.. lambos, etc.. even a M3 to me, is just as good looking, if not better than a G35. the only reason that everyone doesnt think of M3 to be beautiful anymore is cuz that M3s have been out for a much longer time than the G. however, its still one of the best looking cars on the road, even tho it may look similar to most 330Ci, its still beautiful as hell!

i think Z is pretty good looking in a different way than the G35. Z attracted me first b4 i slowly fallin love with how the G looks.

anyhow, G35c is def. not even close to be the best looking car ever, but it sure is the best for a car in its price range, and many times, better looking than alot of cars costing alot more!

just on the side note, i think most people would think the last gen Skyline is better looking, and def. the R34. and i bet everyone will take it over the current G!! not talkin bout power or handling, just on looking alone..

I do agree like everyone else except for the "M3". Now, that car looks decent but I kinda think it is too plain vanilla for me. This goes for the Audi A4, 330ci, and all those other boxy looking sadan and coupes, IMHO.

Old 10-12-2005, 06:36 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by paulktran
It's to me and to the author of this article as well, and i am sure to many people that wanted one for themselve. I never get tired of looking at my Black 05 6MT, aero & slightly tinted windows. Especially after it has been washed.

http://cars.ign.com/articles/657/657392p1.html
Words of wisdom.......

C.

Old 10-12-2005, 06:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait till you get rock chips and rattles.

Old 10-12-2005, 06:49 PM
What's up with these quotes:
This 6-speed shifter is nice, and we like it a whole lot more than the optional slushbox.
and then
Even though we don't have the optional sport-tuned suspension, this little coupe is amazing in the corners, too.
Am I missing something?

Cool article, nonetheless.

Curt

Old 10-12-2005, 06:58 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by patrickwong
Wait till you get rock chips and rattles.
Still don't know what this has to do with the looks?

Old 10-12-2005, 07:10 PM
I think the G35 is one of the best looking in it's price range but a few are right there with it imo. I love the look of the Audi TT. It's just the anemic power and small size that keep it from being right there. Then there's the upcomimg IS350. 306 hp and similar build to the G may put it ahead by a decent margin. As we all know, the build quality will definitely be better. Yes the G35 is one of the best looking cars out there. My best of all time...the Ferrari 557. Love the timeless sleekness, looong sloping hood. Short rear deck. Just love it. You all may not agree but I've purposely parked my SC300 next to a G several times for comparison. Sorry, the SC looks better but that's because it has what I like. Long sloping hood and sleekness...just like the Ferrari. Well, soon I'll have a G then I'll have two of the best looking cars out there.

Old 10-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by paulktran
It's to me and to the author of this article as well, and i am sure to many people that wanted one for themselve. I never get tired of looking at my Black 05 6MT, aero & slightly tinted windows. Especially after it has been washed.

http://cars.ign.com/articles/657/657392p1.html

Ummmm . . . I would agree.

Old 10-12-2005, 09:38 PM
Most of us probably have a biased view because we have a g... personal I wanted a z more than anything but couldn't due the 2 seater so got the g and now don't want to admit that the z might win in the exterior department. I think its the fact that it is about 2 inches lower then the g that brings its appeal to me.

Old 10-12-2005, 10:43 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
from an art educator's POV, I find that the G is one of the most appealing rides out now, but not of all time. I too at first sight of my G in the shop as the Keys were handed over to me, had my Heart skip a beat. I know that the G's are cars that start out on the drawing board first, and then a computer. This is not the case for most new rides that are completely derived from a computer program. I personally feel that no computer can ever recreate the essence of human touch(as regarding to art), so that the G35C naturally appealed to me. Now to discuss of all time? That I know beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder(but depending on how much he had to drink that night
IMO- Im not too sure, but I do know it wont include much from the 70's and 80's. all were no better designs than a cardboard box

Old 10-12-2005, 10:51 PM
pagani zonda...need i say more?

Old 10-12-2005, 10:58 PM
Porsche 944 S is one of my all time favorites.

For those of us who have stepped on a few people's backs to get there though...

Ferrari F430, nuff said

Attached Thumbnails G35 Coupe is a piece of Art, most beautiful car ever?-f430.jpg  
Old 10-12-2005, 11:38 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Well, let me add my real life experience that happened in the G today.

I was leaving a day-long meeting and tried to get out of Central Philadelphia this afternoon before the traffic got bad. As it happened, I could see section of I-95 S from the parking lot and the traffic was backed up. In order to avoid that mass, I decided to drive through the Central City to catch the Interstate at the south end instead.

For peeps from Philly, you are familiar with the European tourists, right? Well, I was sitting at a red light and a group of tourist walked by, some were taking pictures, and most were doing what tourists normally do. But 5 or 6 men in their 30's sort of pushed their fellow tourists aside so they could get to the curb where I was sitting. I immediately knew they wanted a close insection of my car. Their fingers were pointing and mouths chattering as if they were comparing notes. One actually approached my car and wanted to speak with me, unfortunately the light turned green and I had to move (I was the first car at the light). As I pulled away, one of them took a picture (not sure if it was good or bad) and the one who was walking toward me gave me a thumb up. I returned a thanks gesture. As I was moving from the light, I stepped on the gas a little so they could listen my exhaust note, and from my rear view mirror I could see that I just made a few grown man's day as they were grinning from ear to ear.

Old 10-13-2005, 12:40 AM
if Infiniti had marketed the G35 coupe from the very beginning as a new model called the V35 coupe and sold it for 70K, i can guarantee you that people would still be gawking and wanting and buying them (albeit, people with way deeper pockets than most of us here).

good design is good design, regardless of price. remember the previous generation Nissan Z? how long did that design last? it's incredible, 'cause that car STILL looks good on the road. it's a work of art.

that being said, the G35 coupe is the second nicest looking coupe on the road after the new Aston Martin V8 Vantage, whose fat bulbous a$$ makes me want to ram my manhood into its exhaust pipe.

oh, and what do you guys think of the next Evo (2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X)?

Last edited by kubr1ck; 10-13-2005 at 12:51 AM.
Old 10-13-2005, 02:32 AM
this side look like TL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 Coupe is a piece of Art, most beautiful car ever?