G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 coupe brings out strange behavior is others

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G35 coupe brings out strange behavior is others

After reading the ES300 vs. G35 coupe post, I have to agree that this car brings out the weirdest behavior in others. So many people try to egg me on it's just funny. It's usually a young kid in a Ford Focus, Civic, RSX or an eclipse.

It usually gives me a good laugh but I don't even bother. I don't mean this in a snobby way but I usually give them a look like "you've got to be kidding me". I love cars that perform but I'm just not into the street racing scene.

Old 07-25-2003, 09:32 PM
Re: G35 coupe brings out strange behavior is others

I'm the other way...if any kid in his civic, rsx, eclipse, whatever tries to race I usually indulge them...usually after the first run, they're too embarrassed to try another.

Only cars we have problems with are american muscle, and there's a lot of it around here...damn, I can't wait for a good turbo.

Old 07-26-2003, 01:34 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

hello just got my car today love it but miss my 300zxtt, just sold for the g35c.so far i like the car but i don't fell the same like my old Ztt but i have to get use to it now because the z is gone,driving back home today mr honda was kissing my butt i was doing about 75 but i just let him go .

Old 07-26-2003, 02:55 AM

Strange thing happen to me today on the way home. me and my friend with a 350z were leaving home from a coworker house warming party. Next thing i saw was an eclipse making a left turn but on the outer left lane. Light went green and my friend making his normal left turn. Right when we got out of the turn, the eclipse just took off. I was like WTF. The eclipse is not even a turbo or yet a GS version. I know so because i used to own a GST and that dude car got a single exhaust tip. Anyway, we make another left turn toward the freeway(he was right in front of the 350z) and my friend decided to burn his ***. I want to burn him to so i punch it and pass him. God, it was so easy to pass him. On top of that, there was a sport bike racing too. Hell i told myself, my car and my friend car can never beat the bike. Right when we go to the on ramp, the eclipse didin't want to play. 350z took that on ramp like nothing. I did the same but he was little faster. Eclipse was no where in site until we gotten onto the freeway and both of us have already been slowing down. the 5 freeway had light traffic. Both of us decided not worth it.

Then out of nowway, a freaking Chrysler laser, which is another eclipse with a Chrysler badge on it. He decided to race. I think he saw us 3 came into the freeway very quick and decided to join. Anyway, sorry for the wasting the bandwidth. Just thought to let you know that there are bunch of dumb *** out there.

g35mt

Old 07-27-2003, 03:18 AM

Yeah, I know that feeling. I got a little perturbed tonight at some dumbass that was riding my bumper...It's a 10 lane expressway, 5 on each side--not counting the HOV lanes. I let the Civic idiot pass me and get maybe 10 car lengths in front. Then played push the Honda down the highway. Poor guy. I know he had the bastid pushed so far into the floor it left marks, but I just could not help making him look like a complete idiot. The G accelerates at a very good pace even at high MPH.

I love the satisfaction of passing some moron that is full on the gas, for maybe 20 carlengths, coasting back down to 70 just to watch the fool speed by....And keep going like there is a race going on.

I wish sometimes I could put a railroad tie on front of my car to push those same morons along at a faster pace then their car can actually accelerate, just to prove to them and their friends that there is absolutely no doubt you just got spanked, and spanked hard.....Hell you got spanked and toyed with even.

<p>
hehehehehehehehehehe

Old 07-27-2003, 09:57 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damm below, same thing happened to me tonight. I was rolling southbound on the 170 FWY(North Hollywood) towards where it becomes the 101. I was doing 70 in the third lane and the dummy in the fast lane decides to slow down and pace me. A few seconds later some jerk in a lancer comes up on the bumper of the guy in the fast lane, and I mean really close. I step on it a bit, in part so the guy in the fast lane will be no longer pacing me. No sooner do I do that, than the Lancer pulls into my lane within inches of my bumper. Well I cannot be having, that so I hit the brakes. The idiot tries to go around me. That proved quite futile as I hit the gas and jammed him up at the next convinient point. Complete idiot. I gotta say that I have gotten TONS of positive feedback about my G, but there seems to be a subclass of morons out there that....well I really couldn't say that I know what they are thinking.

Old 07-27-2003, 04:42 PM

Yeah, the other day when my wife and son were in the car with me traveling down the south 15, I had a guy that was driving a very nice looking WRX messing with me. He even pulled up next to me rolled his window down and started yelling at me, I couldn't hear him over both our exhausts, so I just kept driving. I couldn't really do anything with my wife and son in the car, or I might have tried to have a little fun with the guy. He had more down force equipment on his car that an Indy car, he had a BIG wing on the back, front spoiler, little winglets on the front spoiler and a carbonfiber hood.

<font color=blue>2003 Caribbean Blue Coupe
6MT Prem, Aero, Nav.</font color=blue>[img]/w3timages/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Old 07-27-2003, 09:01 PM

3rd gear is inmpecable for accelerating aat high speeds

Old 07-27-2003, 09:24 PM

I pounded that fuktard in 5th....

&lt;p&gt;
hehehehehehehehehehe

Old 07-27-2003, 09:29 PM

way to go! it has a lot of unexpected umphhh in all gears.

Old 07-28-2003, 10:37 AM

On saturday I drive on rt 4 in jersey and stop at a traffic light. I see a couple in a convertible SC430 in the lane next to me. They were in their early-mid 40s i think. The lady keept looking at my car with a big smile. When the light turned green and their lane moved faster than mine her head was turned almost 180 degrees

Old 07-28-2003, 01:54 PM

That happens way too much and it's getting really annoying. Most of the time I'd just be minding my own business driving at a normal 65 - 70 when these ricerbois with their riced out rides will start provoking me. They either pace me and then floor it or flash their hazards or tailgate or cut without signaling really close. I'm becoming very pissed off at all of the immaturities that I've been getting.

Old 07-28-2003, 03:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Teenagers of all nationalities do the same thing, not just the "riceboys". They tend to do it more offen because they can afford nice fix-up honda's and acura's. They *****d me off too pretty much on a weekly basis but I learn that's just life. Smile, someones watching.

Old 07-28-2003, 03:23 PM

"Teenagers of all nationalities do the same thing, not just the "riceboys". They tend to do it more offen because they can afford nice fix-up honda's and acura's. "

People of all ages do the same thing, not just teenagers... Teenagers tend to do it more because to my recolection many of them act young and dumb (Big props to the teen driver's that don't do stuff like that). I have had many older guys and I'm talking more like in their 40's all the way to GRAMPS in his Lincoln try to get all fresh also... All in all it came be basically anyone from the typical "riceboy" to even good old GRAMPS in his Lincoln trying to show "young sonny" what's up on the road.

I used to think it was just teenagers until old folks in their new Jaggy's (Jaguar Type S) etc try to act like king of the freeways... GRRR upset's me... but I just laugh it off...

2003.5 White Pearl G35 Sports Coupe

Old 07-28-2003, 03:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cali, I agree with you. We just have to be more tolerant to other idiotic drivers of all ages.

Happy motoring.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: G35 coupe brings out strange behavior is others