G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

IM SCREWED! need some help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 12:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
IM SCREWED! need some help!

I purchased a lip from extreme dimensions not too long ago but the fitment was really bad. im planning to take it back and get my money ......the thing is that the shop cracked it a little bit from one of the corners while trying to fit it (really minor). If they see this they wont give me my money back but **** its not my fault it didnt fit...and they told me it would fit perfectly (dont have it in writing though but its advertised on their site). So what should i do take it and hope they dont catch the small crack? or just toss it and waste 260? just incase they wont give me my money back cause of the crack what should i do? the lip is fiberglass by the way... please help me out im going to try and take it tonight.

Old 11-11-2005, 12:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah..you are screwed.
all you can do now is try.good luck

Old 11-11-2005, 12:57 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Just give it a shot, you've got nothing to lose.

Old 11-11-2005, 12:59 PM
you think i should atleast ask for half of my money back? why do they want it back perfect its not like they can sell it again the fitment was super bad.... 5 shops told me they couldnt do it. I just dont wanna toss it thats 260 bucks down the drain...plus i thought this place was good i even picked it up direct from extreme

Old 11-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Is it the ED Lip replica of the Data Systems Lip? I thought it was easy to install with only two screws or bolts on the corners.

I would give it a shot, you have nothing to lose.

Old 11-11-2005, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by Keith N
Is it the ED Lip replica of the Data Systems Lip? I thought it was easy to install with only two screws or bolts on the corners.

I would give it a shot, you have nothing to lose.

its the GT competition lip (very sweet lip) ....dont know of its a replica of something else ..not sure. I called him about 20 minutes ago and explained what happened and told him about the crack. He said he was going to talk to his manager and see what he can do so im waiting for his call right now.

Old 11-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Just lay it out.

They sold it advertised as being a direct fit.

As most of their customers do, you had your body shop mount it.

Because it was not a direct fit (as it was advertised) it did not fit, and cracked.

Be reasonable, and open to options. Perhaps they will give you another one that will fit better this time? Maybe they do store credit or similar?

Like I said, it's worth a shot.

Old 11-11-2005, 02:04 PM
If they don't give you your money back, maybe you should try to get some money from the shop that cracked it. It seems to me that they bore some (if not all) of the responsibility. If it doesn't fit, they can't just force it and break it. Unless, you told them to force it anyway?

Old 11-11-2005, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by callawayc7
If they don't give you your money back, maybe you should try to get some money from the shop that cracked it. It seems to me that they bore some (if not all) of the responsibility. If it doesn't fit, they can't just force it and break it. Unless, you told them to force it anyway?
My thoughts EXACTLY...

Maybe the shop would be willing to accept responsibility and give you a good deal on fixing, fitting, and installing... The reason I say a good deal rather than for free is they were probably only going to charge you for the install of a perfect fitting piece... The fact it did not fit correctly is not their responsibility, but cracking it was... So at the very least they should cover the repair and also compensate you for not being able to return it... Better than throwing it away if you can't get your money back...

Old 11-11-2005, 03:17 PM
well the crack is really really minor looks like it just barely cracked when they were trying to put it on... i guess "crack" just makes it sound worste than it is. its fiberglass wich it probably didnt take much crack. I took it to five shops already and theyve told me the fit is really bad and im better off just getting my money back. Id ask the shop to to pay me back for the lip but IMO i dont think its their fault they were just tyring to do their job and it probably accidently cracked a bit (f1motorsports). he never called back so im going to call him right now and see if anything was resolved with him and his manager... brb.

Old 11-11-2005, 03:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fiberglass can be fixed easy.. but i guess if nobody wants anything to do with it than it must be really bad.. send it back

Old 11-11-2005, 03:26 PM
i doubt if the ED is gonna give you money back since it's cracked regardless of the size of the crack. you can give it a shot but most likely, you might have to ask bodyshop for cracking it.
that's a tough call...fitment sucked from ED and bodyshop cracked the lip...maybe you will get nothing outta this?
good luck man.

Old 11-11-2005, 04:21 PM
ok i just got of the phone with ED a few minutes ago...they want pictures of the bad fitment and they dont care about the small cracks. i told him id go down and just show them in person but he kept saying no and that he wants pictures before i head down to ED... does this sound fishy or not? he said he wants the pictures so they can fix the problem with the fitment..so it sounds like i might get my money back but we'll see what happens.

Old 11-11-2005, 08:38 PM
this is the lip ...i love it man i wish it would have fit.

Old 11-11-2005, 08:41 PM
Check out the ED Urethane Lip for around the same price. That is the lip that is a replica of the Data Systems Lip. I've heard the fitment is very good. G/L

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: IM SCREWED! need some help!