G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

AUTO button...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 01:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AUTO button...

When turning on the air, pressing on the AUTO button automatically turns on A/C...is there a way to disable this feature? I would like to be able to turn on the A/C manually.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 11-11-2005, 01:36 PM
just press the "auto" button again and it goes into manual mode

Old 11-11-2005, 01:38 PM
Banned
I do this all the time and never use the AUTO feature. Just use the A/C button. This will toggle the compressor while still leaving the fan on. OFF will turn off compressor and fans.

Old 11-11-2005, 02:03 PM
Originally Posted by Back2VQ
When turning on the air, pressing on the AUTO button automatically turns on A/C...is there a way to disable this feature? I would like to be able to turn on the A/C manually.

I always used the up and down arrows. Press the up arrow to turn your A/C and press OFF to turn it off. I always had my A/C button at ON potition, so all you have to do just play with the arrows to turn it on and OFF button to turn it off.

Old 11-11-2005, 02:04 PM
thanks for your answers...however,
i DO want to use the AUTO feature, i just don't want A/C kicking in right away... anybody?

Old 11-11-2005, 02:06 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Unfortunatly, that is the default behavior, and there is no way I know of to chage the defaut.

However, there is a workaround:
Press AUTO to turn it on.
Press the AC button.

This will leave the Climate Control in AUTO mode, but will turn off AC.

(I might be repeating vjquan but I'm not sure...)

Old 11-11-2005, 03:32 PM
press auto, and press ac then set up how strong you want it to be.
cmon dude...dont be so lazy

Old 11-11-2005, 04:18 PM
again, thanks for all your replies.
i'm not trying to be lazy, i just didn't want the compressor to turn on and off everytime i don't want A/C on... thanks anyway!

Old 11-11-2005, 04:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Sorry man there's no way around it. Keeping it on auto means the car needs to match the temperature you are requesting, which usually means the use of the a/c. You can't expect your car to reach 70 degrees while the ambience is 80 without the help of freon.

Like somebody mention, only way to get the fan going w/o kicking the a/c on is to manually push the (+) or (-) and that will get it going.

Old 11-11-2005, 05:16 PM
I believe, that when I hit auto, if you set it to a temperature above that of the outside temp, that the AC will not go on. Otherwise auto would be silly, because it cant cool the air more than the air it is getting from outside the car. I dunno, it might have been due to some other setting I did, I just remember it working that way.

Old 11-11-2005, 05:27 PM
Originally Posted by Aman
I believe, that when I hit auto, if you set it to a temperature above that of the outside temp, that the AC will not go on. Otherwise auto would be silly, because it cant cool the air more than the air it is getting from outside the car. I dunno, it might have been due to some other setting I did, I just remember it working that way.

Actually, that is NOT the case. In colder outside temps where you would want heat inside (lets say thermostat set to 80), the A/C STILL goes on when you press AUTO!!

Bad engineering design in my opinion. Most cars, if you use the auto feature - the A/C goes on and off when you toggle the themostat between the outside temperature!!!!

If you check the manual this is the expected behavior. Thus for colder weather environments (when the thermostat is high) you have to press AUTO, and then A/C to turn it off...
BTW hitting AUTO twice does not turn the A/C off it just goes to ECON with the A/C light still on.

This is my biggest pet-peeve more than the lack of memory seats.

Old 11-11-2005, 10:33 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Back2VQ

As others have said- NO.

You'll have to manually press A/C to turn it off. Running in the Auto Econo mode will cycle the AC compressor less often so that may be a partial fix for you as the default mode.

Old 12-03-2005, 12:32 AM
Form or Function
Most cars nowadays have the ac come on when defrost is selected. The ac removes moisture out of the air and thus helps to defrost. I am ok with this. Aside from this, the ac comes on all sorts of other times unnecessarily. Yep this friggin thing is my largest complain of the car.You also cannot have the defrost on w/o floor venting. I would rather have a fully manual systems. Whomever programmed the defaults for the system lacks logic and should be shot.

Old 12-03-2005, 04:10 AM
i think the circulation buttons keeps the AC on. if u turn it to Fresh Air button on the AC should turn off as well as Econ.

Old 12-03-2005, 10:39 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Aman
+1.....that's right.
C.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AUTO button...