G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Changes for 04'

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2003, 01:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changes for 04'

Hi everyone. New to the forum and wanted to ask members just exactly whats been confirmed for changes/additions to the 04' 6MT coupe. I dropped into the south Calgary Infiniti dealer on the weekend and the salesman stated no changes were in store for the manual trans coupe, period. I am hearing differing reports on the G35 sites, so it would be nice to know what changes are coming and whether they will be incorporated on the first run 04's showing up in Sept-Oct (per Calgary dealer).
So far very, very impressed with everything I've read and seen. Unfort. the dealer would not permit a quick test drive (not worthy?) and barely allowed a sit down in one on the lot. They must be doing quite well...
Appreciate any/all comments.

psk31

Old 07-28-2003, 10:48 AM
Re: Changes for 04'

there are more changes to the sedan than coupe for 04. coupe will have a new emissions std, tire pressure monitor, a new color (midnight or twilight blue) available, a modified console. and maybe one more minor thing.

oh, if the dealer wouldn't give you the proper time and wouldn't you drive one if avail, i'd go elsewhere.

they are slated to be in early sept or possibly late aug.

Old 07-28-2003, 11:01 AM

i jst read the specs for the 04 at my dealer i bought mine from. it was no difference besides price. I beleive it went up around 500 to $700. but i didnt notice any new options or features.

Geoff

Old 07-28-2003, 12:10 PM

Enhancements to the 2004 G35 Sport Coupe include:
· New front center console for Coupe Leather 6M/T model (adds center armrest and an additional front cupholder)
· Improved standard 6-disc CD changer (with faster operation)
· Standard Tire Pressure Monitor System
· Engine will meet LEV2 standard for emission control (beginning with October production)
· Twilight Blue exterior color added

found it on site

Old 07-28-2003, 12:26 PM
G (enie) FUNK ERA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you saying your dealer has the pricing for the 04 available?

Old 07-28-2003, 01:45 PM

Since the original post was made by the person in Calgary, I'll state that my dealer tells me the TPMS is not going to be introduced in Canada for '04 for the coupes (now the dealer might be wrong, but she specifically mentioned that in US yes, but not in Canada this yr.). Twilight blue is going to be offered in '04, the new front center console was upgraded in coupes in the 2003.5 models (atleast in Canada). The CD changer update is also new, hopefully Canada will see that too.... can someone else from Canada confirm this too ?

Old 07-28-2003, 10:05 PM

Well that truly sucks, yes? I think this warrants a call to the local dealer(s) and possibly the guys in Edmonton. I don't see the logic behind this decision but then again stranger things have been known to happen.

Old 07-28-2003, 10:38 PM

I test drove the coupe in January, this was the time when the dealers had a bit of a stock and not many people knew about 'em. However, lately there really is not much the dealer can offer in terms of testdrives, since most of the cars coming in are already sold. And I don't know about other people, but I definitely wouldn't want to take delivery of a car that has been testdriven.

Now, from abuyers point of view its absolutely crazy to buy an expensive vehicle without even a testdrive (I wouldn't do it!). What the dealerships should be doing (atleast the one in Ottawa that I dealt with do this) is making the deal conditional to a testdrive, so if you don't like the car after the testdrive you have the choice of refusal and you walk away with your deposit. I consider it fair, ask your local dealer if he's willing to do it, if not I'd find some other dealer. Just to be sure get the dealer to put the testdrive conditionality of the sale in writing on the bill of sale (deposit should be fully refundable and should be no more than $500), not just verbal, know quite a number of people burned by honest dealers offering verbal promises

Since you're in the market for the coupe, you should expect a discount of atleast $1500-$1800 off the MSRP. There are companies like APA & ACC in Ontario that deal with dealerships and direct you to a preferred one that'll honour their prices. I don't know if they cover Alberta, but ask around on the Canadian forum (or do a search on past posts) to see what options you have for your region.

Good luck!

Old 07-28-2003, 10:55 PM

It should be noted that the tire pressure monitor that's coming on the 04 g35's is not the fancy one you've seen in the q45 and m45 that tells you the exact air pressure on a nifty LCD display. It is just a warning indicator if your tires are dangerously low. Apparently it's a new US regulation that was passed in the aftermath of the Firestone lawsuits. Which would explain why they're not bothering in Canada, you aren't missing anything.

Jeff Kohn
H-Town, TX
2003.5 Automatic Sedan, Desert Platinum/Willow, Premium, Nav, Tint

Old 07-28-2003, 11:04 PM

Jeff is right.... the tire pressure monitoring is just a tire pressure warning system.... however, some people claim that if you get nav., you get the proper PSI displayed ?.. is it true ? I test drove the '04 Maxima last weekend they gives you the proper PSI value on the centre console display (and you don't need Navi for this feature)..... probably it was an afterthought on the Coupes and Sedans by Infiniti?

BTW, I talked to a couple of techs at the dealership and they mentioned that Nissan is making people sign a waiver if they choose to put winter tires/rims that are not TMPS compatible? (on cars that have this feature as a standard), any confirmation to the above in US ?

Old 07-29-2003, 12:18 AM

Hey Syntro,
thanks very much for your comments. Your absolutely right in regards to test driving pre-sold vehicles. I'm sure they get their share of tire kickers in and out of there on weekends. I would however expect some cockpit time in a reasonable facsimile of this car before pulling the trigger on any deal, and as you say, it would be a condition of offer (along with a few other items).
Price stated for the 6MT was 48,300.00 +GST no dicker thankyou very much. Now I come from a long line of dickerers, and this just rubs me the wrong way, sorry. I plan on doing some leg-work on the price and would very much appreciate any leads you might come up with. Just have not had the time to put out the RFQ's to the various dealers and brokers on the model.
Trouble is, the Calgary market is hot and there seems to be no shortage of buyers ready to step up to this kind of price.
"Cash is king", as they say.

Old 07-29-2003, 12:18 PM

i'm in central NJ. i was able to test drive sedan and coupe, but both were automatics. any 6mt's that come in are presold, so no testing them.

the dealer suggested i test a 350z 6mt. said it would be comparable.

Old 07-29-2003, 06:11 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Is the tire pressure monitor just and idiot light? or is it similar to the Z? Does it monitor all 4 tires with seperate lights or is it one light for all the tires? Does anyone know?

Old 07-29-2003, 08:55 PM

I just got my 2003 6mt coupe a couple of weeks ago and it came with guages on the tires that change color depending on ait pressure. Each tire has one and is color green when full pressure, will turn yellow then to red when very low. I am not sure if this is a dealer installed option or on all coupes since older ones I have not seen these guages on? On the invoice there is no mention of these as being an added option. I have also noticed my 2003 model has the faster CD changer and the new console for the 6mt model.

Nathan
Silver 6mt '03 coupe

Old 07-29-2003, 10:45 PM

how do you know your cd changer is faster?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.