G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Worst luck with the G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Worst luck with the G

First off I have to say I love my car. I have a 2005 6MT. I just got it out of the shop thursday. I had an accident with a Hummer H1. I was in airport parking and I lokked down for a split second and the next thing I knew the side of my car was sliced open my the trucks bumper. That I admit was my fault. It hurt my pride and broke my heart. I left the guy a note on his windshield with all my info. So after 6 weeks of waiting I finally get it back thursday. I was out at a restauant that night. I had backed into my spot. I come out and somebody hit my front end! They pushed in my hood, destroyed my grill and dented my front bumper in a couple places. They didn't even have the courtesy of leaving a note. Word cannot even explain how I feel right now. I brought it back to my shop and they quoted me $1800for the repairs. I'm leaving the insurance company out of this one. They just paid for the repairs of the first crash. I can just see them dropping me after this one, so I'll have to eat the payment on this one.

Old 11-19-2005, 12:44 PM
Staff ALUMNI
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Someone did that and didn't leave a note? Damn, I realize there are ****** in the world but that's pretty low. Sorry to hear it man - here's to a speedy recovery.

Old 11-19-2005, 12:45 PM
ouch, sorry to hear the bad news, maybe an aftermarket front bumper or hood is in order!

Old 11-19-2005, 12:56 PM
well, if u have high dedictible, then yes, you probabaly better off pay the repair yourself. sorry to hear about your bad lucks.

If everyone has courtesy like you did, then this world will be a better place.

Old 11-19-2005, 01:44 PM
Sell it after the repairs and cut your losses... My last car (vw passat) was involved in so many accidents (none of which were my fault) that the inside had tons of squeaks / creaks / rattles afterwards... Even though the outside looked flawless, after the accidents the car never felt the same... I think the car was cursed or something.

Old 11-19-2005, 02:11 PM
very sorry to hear that, man. best of luck with the repairs. we all have to go through **** like this at some point, so we all sympathize.

Old 11-19-2005, 02:12 PM
THE BATMOBILE
sorry to see man...........an accident with a hummer can never be good

Old 11-19-2005, 02:14 PM
mc2
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by cup0spam
Sell it after the repairs and cut your losses... My last car (vw passat) was involved in so many accidents (none of which were my fault) that the inside had tons of squeaks / creaks / rattles afterwards... Even though the outside looked flawless, after the accidents the car never felt the same... I think the car was cursed or something.
that minor is pretty damage i dont think the repairs for that will cause any long term problems.

Old 11-19-2005, 02:16 PM
wow what a mother @#$%er
sry for cursing but man...i know how you feel...cuz someone did that to me when i drove my other car, maxima.
luckily, i know someone from bodyshop so i spent lil bit to replace just bumper.
i feel your pain...thats even worse than my case for sure
good luck...and how old is your car? (when did you get it?)

Old 11-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First off, let me congratulate you on your honesty. I don't think there would be many guys who would do what you did and leave a note. As far as the Insurance is concerned. It's a tough call. My inclination is that I would report the accident and take my chances. If you had a good driving record prior to the first accident, there's a good chance that they won't drop you. Your Insurance rates will go up for a few years, but no where near the $1800 you have to pay.

Good luck.

Old 11-19-2005, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by mc2
that minor is pretty damage i dont think the repairs for that will cause any long term problems.
well i dont know how bad it was but thats why it's called "internal damage"

yeah...check w/ your insurance...i know my agent and she always gives me "the best way" (i never cause any accidents btw; )

Old 11-19-2005, 02:48 PM
Comprehensive claims aren't supposed to raise your insurance rates - b/c they're not your fault. Hit 'n Run in a parking lot falls under this category. I'd suggest you claim this one. When it's covered under collision, then your premium goes up.

Old 11-19-2005, 02:54 PM
It happened in a parking lot that has a couple bars, so I'm sure somebody was drunk when they backed up and ran. It does suck. I was on such a high note too having just gotten in back a few hours earlier. Thanks for all your support here. The damage was just surface. I haven't opened my hood for fear that I won't be able to get it closed. So perhaps I will take a look at some aftermarket items.

Old 11-19-2005, 04:02 PM
seibon CF hood, bumper you like (greddy?nismo? idk ), gialla grill? hahaha

Old 11-19-2005, 04:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
damn man

1800 is alot for that amount of damage

hey atleast u have an excuss to get another aftermarket grill

guy who hit you is going to get his, karma's a bitch believe me i know

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Worst luck with the G