G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion (https://g35driver.com/forums/)
-   G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07-14/)
-   -   G35 Coupe Clear Tails??? (https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-coupe-v35-2003-07/76905-g35-coupe-clear-tails.html)

G6MT 12-04-2005 09:42 PM

I don't think so, If you look at the face-off. They show the backend of the G and they are Dark Red OEM JMO ;)

arjunz 12-04-2005 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by paranormal
theres tons of stuff that people buy that is ricey.. the kenstyle bumper is rice to me.. volk wheels are ricey too me.. clear tails might be rice to some.. but then again even rice can look good if done right! i like that there are plenty of aftermarket parts available.. so instead of haiting why dont we just let the people who like them get them.. and if you dont like them.. then dont get them.. no need to talk a bunch of crap

dude do u even know what rice means

fx45copper 12-04-2005 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by JustBrilliantX
Uh yuh.....23 yrs. old in Bergen County makes sense.You go for it Speed Racer..... Why not finish it up with neon running lights too :eek:? Just kidding...kinda anyway;) Not down here....and definately not 4 me and my little plain Jane baby..............Much luck with em' and post the pics when you're done.

First of all dodge neons,civics and tiburons look like crap no matter what modifications are done to them. Putting neon lights under a car and having clear tail lights are two totally different things...its not even the same ballpark. Neon lights under the car are more in line with tires that stick out 8 inches from the wheel wells. I guess Infiniti should have put neon lights on the 05 FX models to compliment the clear tail lights , Lexus too and don't forget about the new Range Rover HSE. Iam sure lots of people would be driving those around with neon lights...I guess styling has changed since the 50's and 60's? :D

cup0spam 12-05-2005 01:44 AM

yesturday i saw a celica with G35 brake lights... Figure I may tell someone...

taofang8 12-05-2005 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by arjunz
dude do u even know what rice means

I always thought rice was that white stuff I eat with my mongolian beef.:rolleyes:

jaspergtr 12-05-2005 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by fx45copper
My brother just put clear tails on his M45 and it looks everything but ricey lol - I dont understand how you seem to think clear tails on a G35 sedan isnt ricey but on a coupe it is..? what about the FX's? they come factory clear tails 05+. On another note I think that kenstyle bumper makes the G35 look kinda like a lamborghini gallardo from the back

i can't tell to whom you are responding to, so i'll assume it's me, being as i'm the one who made the comment about the coupe owners thinking it's ricey, and i think it would look good on a sedan...

i never said i thought they look ricey on a coupe... as a matter of fact, i never say anything is 'ricey', i don't think i have a right to. have you seen my car? i think it would change the definition of the word. i'd love to see any g with those.

but... you guys please keep on saying no, because, if i find them, and like them, i'll have a unique g (not that i don't already), but it'll stand out from the other 35,000 sedans a little more.

and paranormal wasn't slamming anybody for ricey this and that... he was just pointing out that people use that word for anything they don't like.

ShadowG35 12-05-2005 12:31 PM

In my opinion the only car that should have clear tails / altezza lights are just that, the IS300 / Altezza. All this hype came on the scene after that car was released. Its the only car that it looks good on and it should stay only on that car. Being a previous IS300 owner I was always perterbed by these riced our clear tails aka "altezza" lights on other cars. They are called Altezza lights for one reason, they belong on an Altezza / IS300.

/end rant

Oh, and I'm sure I'll get flamed, but luckily my premier membership came with a flame suit (or so it was promised), so I'm good! (Inside joke there for premier members.)

-Stephen

fx45copper 12-05-2005 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by jasperg35
i can't tell to whom you are responding to, so i'll assume it's me, being as i'm the one who made the comment about the coupe owners thinking it's ricey, and i think it would look good on a sedan...

i never said i thought they look ricey on a coupe... as a matter of fact, i never say anything is 'ricey', i don't think i have a right to. have you seen my car? i think it would change the definition of the word. i'd love to see any g with those.

but... you guys please keep on saying no, because, if i find them, and like them, i'll have a unique g (not that i don't already), but it'll stand out from the other 35,000 sedans a little more.

and paranormal wasn't slamming anybody for ricey this and that... he was just pointing out that people use that word for anything they don't like.

That wasnt geared toward you , you look at the quote

truplay8 12-05-2005 07:53 PM

there is a huge difference between ricey and played out

jaspergtr 12-06-2005 11:24 AM

That wasnt geared toward you , you look at the quote

ok. no problem. i assumed. my error. i read, reread, and read it again... who are you referring to? i can't figure it out. it's not just my car, i'm slow too...:D

amthar 12-06-2005 11:41 AM

For me, rice = anything that does not add to the performance of your car. I bought the G35 because I love the way it looks. I loved the way it looked when I bought it and I love the way it looks everytime I walk out and get in it. My $ goes towards performance, whether that is audio performance or engine performance or suspension performance, whatever. I've done my ricing, and I've learned from it. Rice may look cool for a few months, but eventually it gets old. And by old it means either you get tired of the way it looks, it breaks (I can't tell you how often I see people with broken aftermarket appearance parts), it causes other things to break, etc, etc. These ebay shops and little clear tail makers (as an example) in some warehouse aren't focused on quality. They are interested in making a cheap product that looks cool enough to sell to the homely civic owner who has a few extra $ in birthday cash. Would I put projectors on my car? Hell yes. Would I put anything other than the 06 stock projectors on my car? Probably not.

JustBrilliantX 12-06-2005 11:41 AM

First of all dodge neons,civics and tiburons look like crap no matter what modifications are done to them. Putting neon lights under a car and having clear tail lights are two totally different things...its not even the same ballpark. Neon lights under the car are more in line with tires that stick out 8 inches from the wheel wells. I guess Infiniti should have put neon lights on the 05 FX models to compliment the clear tail lights , Lexus too and don't forget about the new Range Rover HSE. Iam sure lots of people would be driving those around with neon lights...I guess styling has changed since the 50's and 60's? :D

Don't sweat my tongue n' cheek shyt.......is' all good 'cept the problem I'm hav'n getting rims (offset) for my wheelchair. Also, I can't find the right 'all weather' tires to help me 'hook-up' on the just washed linoleum floors at the nursing home.:(
04' G35X, Brilliant Silver,"Padded" (Metal Matrix) by Stillen" "Full 'X' Cat-Back" by Stillen, "Aloomie Pedals" by Inf., "Popped" by Wolf, "Pullied" by UR,"Tubed" by Z,"D-Badged" by me, "Clear Cornered" by JDM, 05' "Tails" by Inf., "Tall Boy Plenum" by APS, well "Grounded" by Gordgee., 35% Silver Reflective tint.

jaspergtr 12-06-2005 12:50 PM

:D :D it's funny, cause you're old...:D :D

jaspergtr 12-06-2005 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by amthar
For me, rice = anything that does not add to the performance of your car. I bought the G35 because I love the way it looks. I loved the way it looked when I bought it and I love the way it looks everytime I walk out and get in it. My $ goes towards performance, whether that is audio performance or engine performance or suspension performance, whatever. I've done my ricing, and I've learned from it. Rice may look cool for a few months, but eventually it gets old. And by old it means either you get tired of the way it looks, it breaks (I can't tell you how often I see people with broken aftermarket appearance parts), it causes other things to break, etc, etc. These ebay shops and little clear tail makers (as an example) in some warehouse aren't focused on quality. They are interested in making a cheap product that looks cool enough to sell to the homely civic owner who has a few extra $ in birthday cash. Would I put projectors on my car? Hell yes. Would I put anything other than the 06 stock projectors on my car? Probably not.

wow that's a long definition.:p

for me it's anything that resembles cheap import street racer. hence the term 'rice burner'.

hey, anything on those tails for the sedan, yet??? still at least want to see what they look like. it's kind of hard to condemn something i haven't seen yet...:D

JustBrilliantX 12-06-2005 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by jasperg35
:D :D it's funny, cause you're old...:D :D

yupper....between scars and tatoo's my wife says that I actually look better w/my clothes on lol. 'Funny'....is seeing me trying to get up outta bed in the AM :rolleyes:. I'm OK once I get some steam roll'n though ..........
04' G35X, Brilliant Silver,"Padded" (Metal Matrix) by Stillen" "Full 'X' Cat-Back" by Stillen, "Aloomie Pedals" by Inf., "Popped" by Wolf, "Pullied" by UR,"Tubed" by Z,"D-Badged" by me, "Clear Cornered" by JDM, 05' "Tails" by Inf., "Tall Boy Plenum" by APS, well "Grounded" by Gordgee., 35% Silver Reflective tint.