G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

White or Black Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 09:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G35BASTARD
Look like some true JDM Junction Scaras to me. They are really nice wheels, but get ready to give up your left arm,********,and leg for them. They are fawken expensive liek woah!

Those look like Work Wheels...with a bunch of negative camber.

Old 12-27-2005, 10:09 AM
Black or White...

Black is def. the way to go. Though it is a bit of a pain to keep clean its def. worth it. Ive been trying to attach a pic of my car but cant get it to upload

Old 12-27-2005, 02:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As a very happy IP/Stone owner, I have to suggest the black instead... ...for no other reason than the selfish desire to limit the number of IP coupes rolling on the streets. IP takes just about as much effort to keep clean (albeit swirls wouldn't show as much, IF you F up and make swirls in the finish), so the detailing difference between the two isn't as huge as you might think. IP definately isn't an easy color to keep clean but, like black, the reward for doing so is a great-looking finish.

Old 12-27-2005, 03:35 PM
I'm just not a fan of the yellowish tinge that the pearl in the IP gives the car. I'm a fan of bright arctic whites. If you're going to go white, go white. Therefore, for IP versus black, go black! Black on black.

Old 12-27-2005, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by MechEE
I'm just not a fan of the yellowish tinge that the pearl in the IP gives the car. I'm a fan of bright arctic whites. If you're going to go white, go white. Therefore, for IP versus black, go black! Black on black.
I TOTALLY agree. I was extremely disappointed in the "eggshell" color when the Z came out, and the G has pretty much the same thing. Pure white is beautilful, but seeing an IP G parked next to an actual white car makes it look like chicken noodle soup

That's why I chose the Black/Stone <--- love it

--Viral

Old 12-27-2005, 03:51 PM
The IP doesn't carry much of the yellow pigment. The pearl isn't pigmented with yellow at all. Of course, the base(color)-coat is ivory, so there must be some yellow to it.

When clean, the IP really just looks like bright white, and it's only where the sun hits it that you see it's got some serious pearl to it, and it sort of comes across like a white that glows. It's always had what I considered a very arctic look to it, especially with the Stone interior.

Pics never seem to reflect the color properly. They either show a car that just looks white or there's some other color/hue to it because of reflecting surrounding colors. The sun in twilight shots always makes the IP look a bit yellow, but that's just the nature of twilight shots.

I have yet to see any IP pics that truly reflect what this paint looks like in the sun. It's definately one that you have to see in person to get the full effect. But don't do that. I'd rather there be another black G running around than another IP G.

Old 12-27-2005, 06:05 PM
i was in the same boat when i was buying my g...black or white....i chose ip because to me it was nicer but i wished they had black interior.....the only issue to me was if you wanted to do a kit its really hard to match that color. you can come close but its soo hard to match from what i've been told because of the pearl....black is nice but like everyone says its a beeatch to clean and even harder to keep clean.....and i have 35% tint in the front and 5% in the rear and yes it is nice with the tints.

Old 12-27-2005, 06:36 PM
Alumni****
+1 Ip

Old 12-27-2005, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
The IP doesn't carry much of the yellow pigment. The pearl isn't pigmented with yellow at all. Of course, the base(color)-coat is ivory, so there must be some yellow to it.

When clean, the IP really just looks like bright white, and it's only where the sun hits it that you see it's got some serious pearl to it, and it sort of comes across like a white that glows. It's always had what I considered a very arctic look to it, especially with the Stone interior.

Pics never seem to reflect the color properly. They either show a car that just looks white or there's some other color/hue to it because of reflecting surrounding colors. The sun in twilight shots always makes the IP look a bit yellow, but that's just the nature of twilight shots.

I have yet to see any IP pics that truly reflect what this paint looks like in the sun. It's definately one that you have to see in person to get the full effect. But don't do that. I'd rather there be another black G running around than another IP G.
Before I saw G35driver, I had only seen IPs in person at the dealer. And they looked too yellow to me, even freshly washed in the sun.

Old 12-27-2005, 11:01 PM
What happens when you mix Black and White, Gray = Diamond Graphite

Old 12-27-2005, 11:01 PM
black on black is the way to go! but honestly, it's up to you, you'll be driving it.. either way, they're both hot!

Old 12-28-2005, 12:33 AM
BLACK ALL THE WAY

Old 12-28-2005, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by 6969g35
BLACK ALL THE WAY

these are HOT rims too. damn i need to start saving again

Old 12-28-2005, 01:03 AM
I have a black one, but just because I bought it used. I like the white ones better, you can see the beautiful lines more in bright colors.
I learn to appriciate my black though.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: White or Black Coupe