G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Happy New Years.... WORST NEW YEARS OF MY LIFE! but hey it can only get better right

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 03:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude!!!

That is crazy sh*t. Hope everyone is ok...

Old 01-01-2006, 03:09 AM
Received 228 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by IS300TOG35
Thats scary, my brakes don't even work in the rain becuase Im running project mu-bforce pads that dont do **** unless I really warm them up. Ive had to ebrake a few times to avoid hitting ppl cutting me off. (this has happened twice).
Not to steer the topic off of the initial course.. but why would you E-brake to get out of this situation?

Your-Ebrake uses your brake pads to stop too... but it only uses the rear ones, and you don't have any brake assist with it. I can't really fathom how using your E-brake would stop you better than using your regular brakes if the problem is indeed your pads/rotors. It sounds to me like you may have a problem with your master cylinder or something else to do with brake fluid/pressure. Either that or just a placebo effect that you have developed with the E-Brake.

Old 01-01-2006, 03:10 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Klumzyee- so sorry to here about your accident. My deepest sympathies go out to you. I truly hope that things work out for the best. Just take it one day at a time and be thankful that you're alive.

Take care.

Old 01-01-2006, 05:10 AM
Originally Posted by partyman66
Not to steer the topic off of the initial course.. but why would you E-brake to get out of this situation?

Your-Ebrake uses your brake pads to stop too... but it only uses the rear ones, and you don't have any brake assist with it. I can't really fathom how using your E-brake would stop you better than using your regular brakes if the problem is indeed your pads/rotors. It sounds to me like you may have a problem with your master cylinder or something else to do with brake fluid/pressure. Either that or just a placebo effect that you have developed with the E-Brake.
umm nooooooo... the emergency brake is a mechanical brake that are inside the rear rotors... they grab onto the inside of the hub as opposed to the hydraulic brakes that grab onto the "shiny" part of the rotors

Old 01-01-2006, 05:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Im sorry bro, good luck, it almost makes me cry!

Old 01-01-2006, 06:47 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Eric what can I say? I feel your pain. Don't get it fix just get it totaled and move on. Damn man and you just had the car painted and put together just recently. Take it easy chief a car can be replaced.

Old 01-01-2006, 08:22 AM
good luck with insurance.

Old 01-01-2006, 08:52 AM
Premier Member

Wow, that is depressing. I'm glad to here your OK. It sounds like the car did a good job of protecting you. That was quite a sequence of events.

Hopefully there is an exciting set of wheels in your future.

Old 01-01-2006, 08:59 AM
ohh ****t eric that sucks man at least ur ok! now u gotta decide what car u want next!

Old 01-01-2006, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by achen
damn... that sucks man. If you can, take as many of those plastic push-clips as you can.
Yeah.... get those and all the floor/trunk mats, tools, anything not bolted to the car!!!

it is going to be totalled for sure!

Old 01-01-2006, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
oh trust me, its NOT fixable.. the driver side door CANNOT open.. my camera phone doesnt do justice.. also the whole 1/4 panel has gone into the trunk, i had coolant, brake fluid, transfluid, engien oil, gas, you name it... all 3 towel truck guys agreed that its totalled.

1 light post, 1 small tree, two vans, and a corolla =\ im fine tho gona head out and try to finish off this year with a smile =\
I hope for you sake that it is totaled. Remember this will be the Insurance Company's call. To help them make up their mind if they are hesitant, tell them you will be seeking diminished value from them if they repair your car. If they do total your car, make sure that they pay you full retail for your car and not wholesale.

Old 01-01-2006, 10:23 AM
No way that's repairable. My Z was totalled and had a hell of a lot LESS damage than that. I only hit one side, no air bags deployed, the car still drove and wasn't leaking any fluids, and it was totalled.

Check out the damage to mine for reference.

http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146323

Old 01-01-2006, 10:37 AM
Daaayyaammm.... Glad to hear you're ok. That's crazy. Good Luck dealing with the insurance company. I hope they total it, because it would never be the same if fixed.

Good Luck man. Keep up the good spirits!

Old 01-01-2006, 10:44 AM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
oh trust me, its NOT fixable.. the driver side door CANNOT open.. my camera phone doesnt do justice.. also the whole 1/4 panel has gone into the trunk, i had coolant, brake fluid, transfluid, engien oil, gas, you name it... all 3 towel truck guys agreed that its totalled.

1 light post, 1 small tree, two vans, and a corolla =\ im fine tho gona head out and try to finish off this year with a smile =\
Damn, Eric, that's terrible.....so sorry to see your pride and joy bent like that.
Thank God you're ok...that's the main thing...

'06 is a new year, so you'll also have a new ride.....
Keep your chin up.

Colin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Happy New Years.... WORST NEW YEARS OF MY LIFE! but hey it can only get better right