G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Entertaining Story

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 02:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Entertaining Story

I posted this over on FreshAlloy:

Let me start off my saying that street racing is for highschool boys with way too much testosterone, and way too little brains in their head. But every once in awhile, actions must be taken, hence the story.

I have a G35 Coupe, and use it as my daily driver, to get around town, run errands, etc. It's a great car for stuff like that, and it doesnt get too much unwanted attention where I live. At any rate, I'm going back home after a nice dinner with my g/f, having a nice civilized conversation, minding our own business. Windows up, AC on, enojoying our evening. We pull up to a light, and cool-boy with his brand new red drop-top GT Mustang, packed full of hollerin kids, music pumpin, girls laughin, etc, is one car up in the next lane.

Well lucky us, geek boy in the passenger seat (and I must say, that car looks horribly uncomfortable to sit in, as his head was literally hitting the winshield sitting normally) recognizes the car. He feels its imperative that everyone turn around and gawk and point. Ignoring this and avoiding all eye contact as to not give them the attention they crave, I knew would not work.

So we go on our way, conversation continuing, trying to ignore the loud music and cool-boy stare as I know he is dying to impress his friends because, of course, his ride is the baddest on the planet. Finally, its too much, the speed matching, the stares, pointing, my g/f finally says, "What is their problem?! What do those dorks want?!?"

Well, when my lady is disturbed, what choice do we have anyway?! So at about 55, I look over, wave good bye, and push the throttle to about 3/4, and bye-bye mustang. Sorry, cool-boy, do your homework first next time before you are humliated in front of that hot blonde that was in your back seat.

The best part was that my g/f, who dislikes any of that behavior (to grossly understate it), got a good laugh and said, "That was just wrong" with a big smile on her face. A nice ending to our evening.

http://www.eastcoastbmw.net

Old 08-11-2003, 05:18 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Entertaining Story

I had a similar experience with of all things a Mini Cooper. What was worse was that this guy had paper tags. Guess there's no break-in period.

Russ

Black w/willow, 6MT, nav, & aero
Jax, FL

Old 08-11-2003, 05:49 PM

55...good speed to smoke someone at cuz you're right about in 3rd gear territory. Just the other day I ran with a 5.0 Mustang and after lighting him up a couple times, he rolled down his window, we exchanged greetings, and he musta said "damn your car is quick!" at least a dozen times.

Old 08-11-2003, 07:09 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, at least you guys were challenged by "respectable" cars....well, save for the Mini Cooper. ;-)

Some middle-aged guy tried to smoke me in his Buick LeSabre. I didn't wanna engage since I only had under 1k miles, but hey, lessons need to be taught to the uneducated, right?

;->

'03 G35 C Prem Pkg, Navi, Aero, Performance Wheel & Tire Pkg

Old 08-11-2003, 09:19 PM

My respectable competition has been a LaSabre, park ave, and about 88 lebaron convertible. All guys in their upper 50's.
I have come to the conclusion that these guys all just want to see how fast your car really is?

Old 08-11-2003, 11:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

True, true, Aftrbrn. Glad to see that I'm not the only one drawing an odd field of competition. ;-)

'03 G35 C Prem Pkg, Navi, Aero, Performance Wheel & Tire Pkg

Old 08-12-2003, 02:07 AM

Well the best part was I didnt need to downshift to beat his dumbass Made it all the more convincing, especially for my g/f.

Old 08-12-2003, 11:49 AM

Alot of guys will goad you, just to get you to hit it.. My younger brother and I build rods once in a while. We were out in a '66 Chevy PU that we'd just done with a 383 stroker, 700-R4 tranny, etc.. It had about 550 BHP, normally aspirated (not sure how much at the rear wheels). We were just riding it around to see that everything worked correctly before putting it up for sale.

Some kid on a double date in some kind of econobox kept trying to get us to street race him at every light. After about the 5th light, we got tired of it. I let him pull us by about 20 feet out of the light, then popped it back to first, then grabbed second and finally grabbed 3rd. We launched past him like he was sitting still, of course.

After we got about 100 feet ahead, I looked up in the mirror and said "Damn"! My brother gave me this panicked look and asked what was wrong. I said "I could swear his girlfriend slapped him as we went by!". We laughed about that for the rest of the night..

-- mike

2003 G35C 6MT Leather, BS, Prem

Old 08-15-2003, 03:04 PM

Good Times