G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Returning UR Pulleys and Cusco Sways

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Returning UR Pulleys and Cusco Sways

Believe it or not, the reason I'm sending these back has nothing to do with these items in and of themselves.

It's just that why should I bother modding my Coupe when the d*mned thing is going to fight me tooth and nail in order to insure that I can't have the performance luxury sports car I thought I'd bought.

I mentioned in another thread that I'd pulled the VDC fuse.

That did in fact disable the VDC. It also disabled the TCS and ABS all of which was just fine with me for I could now drive the G how I wanted to, not the way some insurance company, management, engineer, whomever, decided I should drive her.

But, it wasn't long before I noticed a strange sound from the engine bay.

Every time I stopped, during the last few feet of that stop, I hear this rapid mechanical clicking sound. Mechanical clicking sounds make me nervous.

So, I put the VDC fuse back and I've not heard the sound since. Perhaps if I pulled the VDC fuse and the ABS fuse I might not get this sound if it is, as I suspect, the ABS being confused by some lack of signal or an unexpected signal that makes it want to pump the brakes but is unable to do so because disabling the VDC still interferes with the ABS in some way. (Remember I'd stated before that pulling the VDC fuse lights up the "VDC Off" indicator lamp, the "Slip" warning lamp and the "ABS" error lamp.)

Since putting the VDC fuse back in and driving with the VDC manually disabled via the VDC control switch, I am again being reined in by one or more of these systems which still partially function. It may be the TCS (doubtful since it doesn't prevent me from "burning rubber") or it may be the ABS. I don't know.

All I do know is the the CTS-V is looking might tempting. Especially when I discovered recently that it is supposed to have a "Track" setting for it's "Stability" system.

The question now is how can I buy what is almost certainly going to be one of the most sought after cars in 2004? And how much markup will the dealers add because the 2004 production is going to be limited to 5000 black or "brilliant silver" cars and the number of buyers will most certainly exceed this number? Supply and Demand at it's worst.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of GM except for their engines and drivetrains.

Enough ranting. Time for me to start saving up my pennies for a CTS-V or a CLK500.

Old 08-15-2003, 06:28 PM
Re: Returning UR Pulleys and Cusco Sways

Hey the CTS is a great car - especially if you like it to spend more time in the shop than your garage. no GM vehicles for me, thank you.

G35 6MT/DG/Fully Loaded

Old 08-15-2003, 08:34 PM

How much would you sell your pulleys for? I am interested. Do you have a 6mt or does it matter. Thanks man.

Old 08-16-2003, 11:52 AM

the leftover traction control is probably just your limited slip doing its job

-moooooo