G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Roadside Asst. Tips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2003 | 02:34 PM
|
Roadside Asst. Tips

Hey guys
For some reason my new G35 Coupe wouldn't start today so roadside assistance is towing it to a dealership as we speak. Here's some tips that will probably save you an hour or so and some major headaches. Unfortunately I learned the hard way.
+A regular tow truck cannot tow the G35C safely b/c of the low front end and low tailpipes + RWD configuration. They sent a regular one and he hooked it all up for a half an hour, then unhooked it for that long. Now I'm waiting another hour for the flatbed tow truck to come.
+The shift lock release button does not fit your key, you must have a slim screwdriver in your car to put it in neutral
+The trunk cannot be opened if the battery dies because there's no key hole or lever inside the car. (I have important work documents in there=( (Also the windows don't auto down a half inch, so be really careful shutting them)
+Infiniti roadside asst. doesn't arrange loaners. They'll default tow your car to the closest dealership. Call around before the towers come if you need a loaner.

Well lots of these you may or may not have known, but hopefully i saved some of you guys time and hassle.

I'm crossing my fingers for an FX45 loaner=)

Old 08-15-2003 | 02:55 PM
Re: Roadside Asst. Tips

Great tips, thanks man.

Old 08-15-2003 | 04:50 PM

what numner do you call?

-Armen
"One day as a Lion, Rather 100 years a lamb"

Old 08-15-2003 | 04:51 PM

Great info, thanks for the heads up..

Pearl Ivory G35 Coupe 6MT Prem/SplashG/BSM, Injen CAI, Injen Super SES

Old 08-15-2003 | 05:38 PM

Infinti Road Side asst. was the biggest waist of time i have ever delt with. First off they contract out to another company that does every thing. I broke down in Cleveland and they wanted to send a tow truck from eastern PA to come get me. I was like WTF so i called AAA and they were there withen 30 min and towed my G to the Dealer. And the AAA people were a lot nicer.

Old 08-16-2003 | 12:41 PM
|

I agree. It would've been cool if they had their own mobile units like Mercedes. I see those white and blue ML class trucks everywhere.

Old 08-16-2003 | 02:50 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

Just FYI, next time someone tells you they can't tow your car unless it's on a flatbed, tell them to throw dollies under the front wheels. I had mine recently towed by AAA, and he lifted the rear about a foot, then put dollies under the front wheels and lifted it the rest of the way. Entire process took under 15 minutes, and the front end of the car was at least a foot and a half above the ground.

Also, you can open the trunk if the power goes off. Open up the pass-through in the back seat and you'll find a trunk release latch if you stick your hand in the pass-through, palm up. Notice it next time you open your trunk so you know where to feel-- there are two, one if you're stuck in it, and one if you need to open it via the pass-through.

Sorry to hear that was such a pain [img]/w3timages/icons/frown.gif[/img] I just use AAA, as their service has helped me out very well over the past few years.
BTW, what was wrong with your G? Good luck!

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow
Premium / Sport / Aero / Winter / Navi / Tint
Indianapolis, IN

Old 08-16-2003 | 04:00 PM
G35driver.com Moderator

Geo..... but you cant open the rear passthrough unless you pull the switch thats in the trunk to unlatch the passthrough
its a lose-lose situation

<font color=green>-Rambo</font color=green>
G35c 6MT DG/Willow/HyperGround/BorlaExhaust

Old 08-16-2003 | 05:12 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

Umm... yes you can. I've done it plenty of times to access stuff in the trunk through the backseat. Is this something they added on the 03.5 model or something? I've got a sedan, but I don't think there's much point in making this different between the two models... you can unlock it with your key (if you've locked it), twist the ****, and tada... Didn't even know you could open it from the trunk [img]/w3timages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow
Indianapolis, IN

Old 08-17-2003 | 02:54 AM

I've used an insurance company provided tow service before, and it was about on par with these claims of the Infiniti roadside towing.

AAA is generally much faster. Plus, whipping out your Infiniti roadside assistance card at a restaurant will earn you funny looks, while many of them will give you a discount on your meal with a AAA card.

2003.5 G35 Sedan Desert Platinum/Graphite Premium/Sport/Aero/Nav/Winter

Old 08-17-2003 | 12:31 PM

The Coupe doesn't have a keyhole in the trunk.

Old 08-17-2003 | 02:37 PM
Cactus Hugging Admin

...and neither does the sedan ('03.5), I meant the keyhole that's in the pass-through, accessible from the backseat. You can lock the pass-through so that a valet can't get into your trunk, much in the same way you would lock your glove compartment. Does the coupe really not allow you to open the pass-through from inside the vehicle? I find that odd...
G

2003.5 Black w/ Willow
Indianapolis, IN

Old 08-17-2003 | 11:03 PM
i.love.gold

In my coupe, under the rear seats there is a red strap. Just pull that red strap to unlock the rear seats. You can then fold them down and pull the trunk release.

Old 08-17-2003 | 11:56 PM

where is this strap. last night i had to get to the trunk to get the umbrella out... and didnt feel like going outside.. and i got stomped that there was no other way to access the trunk from the inside. very strange.

2003 G35C

Old 08-17-2003 | 11:59 PM

Next time they put dollies under the front wheels, i would suggest making sure the front wheels are straight and not turned in either way.

my friends car got towed once for illegal parking spot and they towed him by the front tires which were fully turned to the right i think, so basically the guy didnt care and while he was towing the car...it put a lot of strain on the suspension...and needless to say he had 800 dollars worth of damage that nobody wanted to claim responsibility for.

2003 G35C

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Roadside Asst. Tips