G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Pics of aftermarket navs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2003 | 11:06 AM
Re: Pics of aftermarket navs

Thank you very much for taking the time to research and post all of these pics. At least this proves that you can in fact install an aftermarket DVD or NAV unit cleanly into either a JDM double-DIN mounting in the dash, or higher up where the stock screen goes. I wonder how they mount a DIN size screen/DVD system up there. The dash curves in at the top where as DIN size units are square and edgy. I guess one would have to recess it quite a bit for it not to stick out.

The last question I am asking myself is how are they tying in the sound from the DVD system on top into the stock Bose audio system which seems to have been left in place on most installs.

Thanks

Neil

Old 08-17-2003 | 12:21 PM

Very nice pictures! What I'd like to know is how they fit aftermarket headunits... do they cut a hole in the center console, or do they change out the whole thing? If they change it out, where do they get it and how much does it cost?

Old 08-17-2003 | 12:34 PM

Just found another post that covers this...
<a href>https://g35driver.com/forums/showfla...sed&sb=5&part=</a>

Btw: Why can't I edit my post?

Old 08-17-2003 | 02:51 PM

This gets my vote for post of the month. Nice job on finding all these pics! Very interesting.

Old 08-17-2003 | 03:56 PM

nice job on pics... i was really interested...

BaDbOy - "bLaCk BeAuTy"
http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...page_id=321439

Old 08-17-2003 | 04:28 PM
|

Thanks for the props. Really, props should go to the Japanese guys who put their cool web sites together with all these pics. Here are the links:

CPV35 Fun! http://www.aa.e-mansion.com/~yoshio/G35/index.html
This site has lots of pics. The guy is a member of a Skyline Coupe car club in Japan and he posts pics of their gatherings and trips. The site is in Japanese, but click around on the links and you'll find pics of their rides, with mods, kits, etc.

R.S.S. Real Sports Sedan http://vvvf.jpn.ph/ara-masa/index2.html
Another Japanese site. Just like the one above, lots of pics, but sedans instead of coupes.

neils, on your question about getting sound from an aftermarket nav to the stock bose, I know when some guys modded their stock navs to play DVD's an FM modulator was used to get the sound to the stock bose. Also, there is talk that a company called Blitzsafe is working on an adapter to get the sound in directly. I don't know how these Japanese guys did it. On the Nissan Japan site for the Skyline options, if they get the double din dash, they have a wide selection of head units and aftermarket navs to choose from. Check out this link... the links on the right are for audio options/navi options. http://www.nissan.co.jp/OPTIONAL-PAR...V35/audio.html

Hest, to get an aftermarket nav in the dash you could cut a hole in the dash, but the stock bose head unit shares a circuit board with the AC controls which makes it difficult. Zaid918 had this done and it is possible. The alternative is in Japan they have the option to get a dash that has two din openings where you can install aftermarket audio or nav equipment. You can get this dash on eBay if you can find it or from an importer like japanparts.com http://www.japanparts.com. I saw your post with a link to the thread that talks about this, so I'm pretty sure you get the idea.

Old 08-17-2003 | 06:46 PM

Thanks for the pics everyone. I would definitely buy this if I knew that it was available for those of us without the titanium trim. I have willow interior and didn't see that color in the pics. Those installs are really clean and exactly what would make me happy. I'd be willing to pay the 600.00 for the double din plus the amount for the aftermarket nav.

I didn't get the stock nav since it didn't play DVDs without mods and from what I read on the board the quality of the pics isn't all that great since it wasn't intended to play DVDs. After adding the mods to play DVDs on the stock system the cost would probably be close to buying an aftermarket system with the double din dash.

Although you'd get superior sound with an aftermarket system, you still wouldn't have the coolness factor of the nav popping up out of the dash. Oh well, can't win them all.....<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by junglist19 on 08/17/03 03:48 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Old 08-18-2003 | 12:22 AM
|

junglist19, there is a pic in this thread of a black double din dash, so I'm sure it's available. Send an email to japanparts.com http://www.japanparts.com. I emailed them about a JDM option that did not appear on their site (blue entry/exit ground lights) and they responded back with a quote. The email address is contact@japanparts.com .

Old 08-18-2003 | 02:03 AM

[censored] man those all look pretty sweet but I would like to know if that paddle shifter is standard or aftermarket and where to get it?

Old 08-18-2003 | 02:15 AM
|

Good question... My guess would be the paddle shifters are aftermarket, but I haven't a clue where you could get them.

Old 08-18-2003 | 06:27 PM
|

I think I may have to change my statement about the paddle shifters. I found this pic from this website http://www.motormagazinesha.co.jp/me...29/car.html#06. Must be an option in Japan. Here is the translation of the description:

As for domestic car first paddle shift with this leather winding feel upper quality. The right raises, the left with one for down, the time when it depends on speed change approximately 0.2 seconds is approximately half of former AT.

89356-at.jpg

Old 08-18-2003 | 09:40 PM

Mpaule, As soon as I read your post last night, I went ahead and sent an e-mail to japanparts and am awaiting their response. As soon as I get word from them, I'll make sure I post the availability/cost. I'm crossing my fingers so I can get rid of the Bose system with the "CD ERROR F0".

Old 08-18-2003 | 10:05 PM
|

good luck, man. Keep us posted.

Old 08-18-2003 | 10:42 PM

Excellent Post. I myself am looking to do a custom TV/NAV setup where the stock setup would go.

-Blk/Blk G35c

Old 08-18-2003 | 11:15 PM

ha on one of the pic the auto shifter is awesom.where can i get that auto shift ***.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pics of aftermarket navs