G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

how to do burnouts?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how to do burnouts?

i was just wondering and this mioght be a stupid question. ive always owned front wheel drive cars. pulling the ebrake will lock the back wheels. on my g if i pulled the ebrake will it lock the front or back? i have a 6mt?

Old 02-28-2006, 09:33 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rev to 3000 rpm's then dump the clutch, and watch the shiftknob go crazy!!!...

Old 02-28-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by GRider35c
rev to 3000 rpm's then dump the clutch, and watch the shiftknob go crazy!!!...

thanks alot for the info but im still wondering about the ebrake?

Old 02-28-2006, 09:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ if you don't know the fundamentals of a car, you shouldn't be messing with it. put it in "D" and drive carefully.

Old 02-28-2006, 10:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
he said he had a 6mt so he cant just put it in D... the ebrake always engages the rear brakes... just do yourself a favor and DONT pull it liek you are talking about. The handbrake on the g35 and 350z doesnt grab that well anyways from what i hear from drifters wanting to tighten it up.

Old 02-28-2006, 10:56 PM
Banned
dude, turn your TC off first. dont touch ur e-brake. and rev it up to 7000 rpm and let your foot off the clutch as quick as you can and keep the pedal floored until the car starts grab (if your going straight). If your going to do a donut then turn the wheel and just keep it floored

Old 02-28-2006, 11:30 PM
Originally Posted by BlackStevo8
dude, turn your TC off first. dont touch ur e-brake. and rev it up to 7000 rpm and let your foot off the clutch as quick as you can and keep the pedal floored until the car starts grab (if your going straight). If your going to do a donut then turn the wheel and just keep it floored
If you dump at 7K you will hit the rev limiter right away right?

Trending Topics

Old 02-28-2006, 11:43 PM
Evil Bastard
you don't need to rev to 7krpm to break traction unless you had that b16 swap into the G35 coupe.

if you wanna go crazy, dump at 4krpm, and watch your mucho expensive tires turn to smoke. Apply a bit of steering, and wait for the cops to write the tickets.

Seriously, go to howstuffworks.com or about.com or... well, anything. Or at least practice a little in a discreet, yet, large parking lot. Or watch initial D and play gran turismo if you are unable to read anything larger than my post.

Old 02-28-2006, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Save up for some new rubber. You're gonna need it.

Old 03-01-2006, 12:06 AM
thanks alot fellow g's. i was asking so i dont mess up anything on the car..you guys know that everything for this car is so expensive because of a logo. cause you would think that doing a burn out it would make more sense for the front to lock with ebrake up so that way you would stay in one place. on an automatic you can just step on the brakes

Old 03-01-2006, 12:11 AM
No offense, but I don't see your new G being in one piece for a very long time......

Old 03-01-2006, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by pop099
No offense, but I don't see your new G being in one piece for a very long time......
no offense taken buddy. just rather ask someone who already tried it.
i had mines for 2 years with no problem. bout to get lots of things done to it now and instead of wasting money on repairing it i can turn my g into something spectacular

Old 03-01-2006, 12:38 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
three pedals:

keep you right foot on the brake and gas (heel toe position).. put it in first.. slowly work the gas and release the clutch.. the car will want the go foward but the brakes will hold it back.. you can feel the rear start to spin.. once you do that just hit the gas down.. get completely off the clutch and release the brake pedal.. then just work the right foot =)

enjoy.. tire smell sucks btw lol

IMO its a little safer then just dumping the clutch and those of you thats tried u know our clutch gets stuck down there -_- also keeps u from hearing that big TUMP sound..

just pretend your testing the stall point on an Automatic..

Old 03-01-2006, 12:42 AM
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
three pedals:

keep you right foot on the brake and gas (heel toe position).. put it in first.. slowly work the gas and release the clutch.. the car will want the go foward but the brakes will hold it back.. you can feel the rear start to spin.. once you do that just hit the gas down.. get completely off the clutch and release the brake pedal.. then just work the right foot =)

enjoy.. tire smell sucks btw lol

IMO its a little safer then just dumping the clutch and those of you thats tried u know our clutch gets stuck down there -_- also keeps u from hearing that big TUMP sound..

just pretend your testing the stall point on an Automatic..

OMFG if thats the result that ill will get (from ur pics) from your instruction then dang that.. i didnt wanna burn out anyways. j/k
well i hope you get another g in place of that one.. i personally had a tt supra and rather have the g over it

Old 03-01-2006, 12:51 AM
What's the purpose of your burnout? Just for show or you dragging? I don't think you want to drop the clutch at 7K RPM. Haven't tried, and wouldn't try it if someone paid me. I launch at about 3K, anything close to 4K and you're spinning tires.

If you want to do a proper burn out, you need a lock line for your front brakes... clamps down so your rears can spin without forward movement. That's essentially what you were doing with the ebrake in the FWD.

If you don't care too much about your components, you can also apply enough braking right after you pop the clutch and spin your rear tires. This essentially clamps all 4 brakes, but the rear should power through your braking while the fronts clamp down enough to keep your car still. Like torque braking in autos. But you will also need to invest in some brake pad, maybe rotors along with your tires. Cuz no matter, you're essentially burning $$$. If you want to look cool, you could as well burn real cash to light your cigars.

If you do decide to do a burnout, remember most DOT approved tires for the street cant handle stresses like repeated burnouts. It doesn't help you much in dragging either if your on street tires.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: how to do burnouts?