G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Do you guys think JDM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-15-2006, 12:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you guys think JDM

Sometime’s is an excuse for ricing things out a bit. Also it attaches the car to principles it doesn’t relate to. The G is supposed to be the luxury and more upwardly leaning Z. Instead I see things that look ridiculous and I would expect to see unpainted on a civic being sold for our cars with a JDM sticker next to it. Which I guess removes the stigma of rice and justifies the modifications to some. People on here seem performance oriented and I am impressed with the willingness to dyno their cars and strive for real performance. I mean who doesn’t want more power from there car if it can be achieved with bolt ons? Its just the prevalence of nonfunctional flashiness is surprising and a bit disheartening.

I feel our cars are vastly superior to anything in the sub 45k range for it’s combination of looks, performance, and luxury. I have met some amazing owners, which is why this seems weirder to me. Why does all this stuff exist and who buys it?

Old 04-15-2006, 01:05 AM
because some people have alot of money who are barely getting into the scene that watch F&F too much... il admit i was there one time i had a 98 black jetta with white rims and a muffler and i used to rev at anyone haha it was auto too

Old 04-15-2006, 01:22 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
because when you live in a place where theres at least 3 G35s between every block and about 5 in every parking structure you kinda wana try to be unique in style and performance

Old 04-15-2006, 01:27 AM
when u getting ur car man?

Old 04-15-2006, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by Klumzyee
because when you live in a place where theres at least 3 G35s between every block and about 5 in every parking structure you kinda wana try to be unique in style and performance

+1... i got like 12 G coupe's in a 10 block radius of my house... all stock... and when i first got the car i saw about 3 including mine... now 2 years laters... i need to be different

Old 04-15-2006, 01:33 AM
the beauty of having 20 Gs in the entire country and only 3 the same color as urs! lol

Old 04-15-2006, 01:44 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
That's why i modified my car-- all these old ladies were driving G35 coupes two inches away from the steering wheel-- so I had to definite its style a bit

I'm pretty sure nobody as my exact combination of mods

So it makes it very unique, and my g35

Old 04-15-2006, 01:52 AM
cant argue with some of your points.

Originally Posted by Klumzyee
I cant argue with that... I have had my car a week and see lots of G's everywhere. Wouldnt mind some differentiation, maybe some different wheels and some coilovers with 30% tint all around. Just saying that getting some bad body kit and throwing on a statment that its JDM doesnt make it not rice. Been seeing that happen alot with our cars which is just kind of strange.

Old 04-15-2006, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by KevJB
I cant argue with that... I have had my car a week and see lots of G's everywhere. Wouldnt mind some differentiation, maybe some different wheels and some coilovers with 30% tint all around. Just saying that getting some bad body kit and throwing on a statment that its JDM doesnt make it not rice. Been seeing that happen alot with our cars which is just kind of strange.
KevJB, whether a body kit is good or bad, it's all personal opinions. If the owner of the vehicle think it looks great, then that's all that matters. It's his money being spent, not yours?

Old 04-15-2006, 11:37 AM
There is only like 3 other G35s in my town of 200,000. I like to be different and I figured this was the best car to do it in.

Old 04-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Personal style and attitude.

I live in a place where there are 3 g's in my neighbor, but many in the general area. Like many I bought my car because of it's style and performance.
However due to the popularity of our cars many people are buying them and I like to that no matter how many of our cars are on the road mine is unique from all the others, for example I've found a guy in japan who's made a body kit for the coupe that has never been sold anywhere outside of japan.
So you know I had to order it. I didn't order this kit just to be different I genuinely like the way this kit adds a more aggressive look to the cars, without taking away from It's classy style. Below are some pics of how my car looks now and some pics of how it will look once I get the kit and some new shoes put on her.

What type of wheels should I get? I'm thinking of Silver SF Winning.
Should I go with the stock rear spoiler or use the one that goes with the kit?
I like the stock spoiler better.

Old 04-15-2006, 02:37 PM
I agree

Originally Posted by iChiBahN
KevJB, whether a body kit is good or bad, it's all personal opinions. If the owner of the vehicle think it looks great, then that's all that matters. It's his money being spent, not yours?
Just saying that I have found on some G35 boards that the owners wont own up to why they buy them. Instead of saying I want to be different or its my style. They lie and say its JDM and actualy is a performance enhancer. Just think that is really silly. I would expect that from some car circles but most of you guys are older and more educated. Then again all of the responses I have recieved, have been honest which is why I came to this board.

Old 04-15-2006, 04:26 PM
thats my only problem if i get one, i see them every like 50 feet out here in NY, i like my 240 though. barely see anyone run those any more

Old 04-16-2006, 04:54 AM
[QUOTE=mborel7052]
What type of wheels should I get? I'm thinking of Silver SF Winning.
QUOTE]

GOLD SF Winning would look hot also... but you can never go wrong with silver i order my volks in mercury silver

Old 04-16-2006, 05:00 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the rear bumper on that IP is sick...kind of like the impul

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Do you guys think JDM