G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

LACK of total ownership experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I hear ya...

Originally Posted by macgngsta
I am fuming with disappointment, anger, and frustration right now.

Infiniti values "total ownership experience", so far I've been experiencing far less than total, it’s more comparable to lack of ownership experience.

Since the beginning of my journey of joining the proud owners of Infiniti cars, it has been plagued with dissatisfaction. I leased my car, a 2006 black g35 coupe on March 28 of 2006. That same day, after we had negotiated a price, they told me that my car was in San Diego and that they had to drive it up and I would have to return to the dealership to receive my car. The same night, I returned to the dealership to receive my car, but during those weeks it was raining so they suggested that I bring the car back in to do a detail at a later time when the weather was nicer. Fine, so I took the car and drove it around, satisfied with the car, yet not so satisfied with having to return to the dealership so many times.

1.5 weeks ago, I called the service manager at Infiniti Tustin to schedule an appointment to get my promised detail. They tell me that they don’t open until 7am and that I would be able to get a loaner car. I work at 6am, so I had to take off work a bit to make it to the 7am appointment. My appointment is set for April 18 and I know because all events I set in my phone calendar.

Trips to dealership: 3

Today, April 18th, I go in to the Infiniti dealer at 7am. I wait 10 minutes before a service representative helps me.

Time to assistance: 10 minutes

The service representative asks me for my name, I give it, and then he proceeds to tell me that I do not have an appointment in the system. But, he says its ok and that they can do the detail. Then he asks if there is anything else he can help me with. I tell him that I need a loaner car. He tells me that there are no loaner cars available, and that he would rent me a Hertz car, but I would have to pay for it. As a long time Infiniti owner, I know that Infiniti dealers should provide loaner cars, free of charge, and if they don’t have one they should front the Hertz rental bill. So, I let him know that paying for a rental car is ridiculous and that I'm leaving. Upon hearing that he suddenly informs me that he can acquire me a loaner car. One minute he doesn't have a loaner, the next moment he suddenly has one to loan me.

Service dishonesty: yes

He then looks at my car and informs me that what he is going to give me is the 'new car detail' which is essentially a wash and then liquid wax, but he goes on to tell me that I have hard rain on my black car, and that I would require a 'full detail'. He can provide that full detail for the difference between the 'full detail' and the 'new car detail, which will cost $80, because they employ an outside party to do the detailing.

Absurdly high prices for a detail: yes
Attempting to take advantage of unknowledgeable customer: yes

My history of inconveniences brought on by my purchase/lease of an Infiniti vehicle has given me a negative impression on the ‘total ownership experience’ that Infiniti touts as their vision statement. In comparison to other competing vehicles, sometimes I regret on choosing Infiniti, friends and family of mine have owned Lexus’ and BMW’s and they don’t seem to have the same service issues that plague Infiniti. I believe that I have also been discriminated against because of my appearance. I am 24 years old, but look like I could be 18.

Perhaps Infiniti service representatives feel that they can make me wait 10 minutes for service, waste my time, attempt to make me pay for a rental car, charge me high prices for a car detail, and deprive me of my total ownership experience.

Perhaps not all Infiniti dealers are so dissatisfying. The one in question is Infiniti Tustin in California.

**Update**
After jumping through a few hoops, talking to my sales representative and playing phone tag with the service representatives, the service manager informed me that I will be recieving a full detail on my car at no extra charge, and will also provide a loaner car or rental car depending on availability also at no charge. Appointment has been set for tomorrow at 7am. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.
I've had similar issues with that dealership also. I couldn't get them to order me touch up paint. They take the order then never order the stuff.

I have had them try to give me the wrong parts for my car. I tell them it's the wrong p/n and it obviously won't fit. They reply, "But the computer says it's is OK."

Then the final straw was when I was looking to buy my G they gave me "a too busy attitude."

Last edited by rabg35; 04-18-2006 at 05:27 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 04-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Originally Posted by thommyboy0885
I can understand your frustration. But what I believe you should do is rite the Infiniti Corporate office and let them know in detail what you have had to deal with. Dont sound mad and upset in the email, but so let them know that this is not the "Total Ownership" experience that Infiniti boasts and that you will not do business with them if this continues. Being 24 they have to think you are a potential long term customer, so you should get a favorable reply.
On a side note, I went through Santa Barabra Infiniti (being the closest to home) and have had outstanding service since my car purchase. I did have to take my car in to get the clear bra on and they owed me a detail. But the work was excellent and the customer service was second to none.
Hopefully things will work out ofr you. I think you jbeen to a bad dealer... and your not the first one I have read about on here that are having problems with Tustin.
Good luck...

Man I had a terrible experience with SB Infiniti. I was overseas and wanted to order my coupe so it got in when I moved here. I was here on business in August and placed an order to get my Athens/Stone 6MT with Nav to be delivered in November. After following up on a weekly basis I was finally told in late September my coupe would be ready first week in November. You can imagine how stoked I was... Then, for two weeks as I tried to get confirmation on the price, all my emails/calls were ignored, so I finally called the sales manager and I'm told my car will be ready in January. Apparently someone else ordered the same car I wanted to be in by November and the sales guy couldn't figure that out. Well, I wasn't about to rent a car for 2 months so I headed down to Glendale to pick up the Black one I have now. Couldn't be happier.

All that said, I have had good experiences with the service at SB Infiniti. Though luckily I've only been there for oil changes...

Old 04-19-2006, 02:12 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't what to say about what happened to you. What I know is that, being in sales for 10 years, Sh#t happens: things get lost, misplaced and found later, human errors, etc. Now, for the loaner car, that is bad, just bad. Waiting for 10 minutes? That's nothing. Like another poster said, it's not earth shattering. Hell, I've waiting longer at Carl's Jr. Anyways, yeah I have to agree that Tustin doesn't exactly give you good service or deals. I had to go through hoops just for them to get back to me with the color combination I wanted and a price. Sure enough, they tried to screw me over on the price. I went to South Bay Infiniti but they couldn't get me my combo. So, I ended up in Glendale. Nice experience there. Everything I wanted and an up-front price.

On a side note. I called South Bay Infiniti and asked for two bottles of touch up paint. They had it and I asked if I could pick it up after they were closed. They said sure and took my fax order, left it at the front desk for me (since the service dept. would be closed by the time I got there). As I picked it up, the service manager came by while they were getting my touch-up paint, and he asked me how many miles I had on my car. I told him. I asked if I could be on the mailer so when the time is up for my next oil change, I can get a discount. He said, "Hey, I'll give you the 7500 mile service free of charge". Well, I took him up on it and all well that ends well. Now, I didn't even have to pay for the $5 gas that people talked about when I got the loaner (1000 mile 06 sedan). Not a bad experience there. Moral of the story. Don't hate Infiniti, hate the dealer. It is almost always dealer dependent.

Old 04-19-2006, 04:40 PM
get over it!!!!!!!

Old 04-19-2006, 06:20 PM
I feel your pain, however I think it is the individual who deals with you and not the entire dealership and or brand that is to blame...Slimy salespeople are everywhere, and most of them would overcharge their own mothers for a commision. These same people work at many different dealerships and you can't just fault infiniti. I actually had a good experience at Santa Monica, I brought my car in for the check engine light and they replaced my brake rotors/pads and washed my car with no complaints. Like others have pointed out, threatening to notify the corporate office usually straightens things out. Don't let one idiot ruin your whole experience, there are some good service people around, just not many-

Old 04-19-2006, 06:45 PM
I really dont think that waiting 10 minutes is a problem at all i mean no disrespect but your not donald trump. I know when i got to my dealer for something i wait a few minutes and then they help me i dont care and will look at the cars in the showroom and 80 for a full detail is well below an industry average so if you think that you are informed about detailing then you are mistaken but they did promise you the detail so there should have been no money involved thats just how i feel