G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

G35 Gas Price WAR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 99atlantic
If you bitch about the price of gas obviously youdon't have a good job; get a better one and make mroe money so you can be like me an not care.
^ouch! "care" to send some of that excess $$$ my way

That Prius is one ugly car though... civic hybrid was the one I was considering. But if the new Prius is going to get 94 MPG || then, choice made easier. I'm just as much looking forward to getting the car pool permit for the hybrid Prius/Civic. Although i hear they are going to stop that program soon.

But trade in the G for a econo hybrid??? tough one what2do... figure w/ the money you save in gas, you pretty much offset the monthly cost of owning a hybrid "beater". My reasoning at least, especially at 94 MPG and the way gas prices are going up.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:49 PM
ya gas prices are outragous these days. i filled up for $3.31 a gallon today!! 20$ got me a little over a quarter of a tank!

Old 04-19-2006, 07:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WYSIWYG
^ouch! "care" to send some of that excess $$$ my way

this ain't Russia; go get a better job

Old 04-19-2006, 09:01 PM
"The price of gas would quickly rise to offset the tax cut." Very well said, that almost sounds like something more than pure speculation. Lowering taxes provides immediate relief to corporations, small businesses and consumers. Decreasing demand for gas is currently impossible,

The supply/demand ratio for gas is precarious in the US. We currently use just about 100% of our refinning capacity, so unless we cut back, spot gas shotages are inevitable during peak demand periods.

The absolute worse thing that you can do in this sccenario is to do anything that would encourage drivers to buy more gas, like eliminating Federal and State gasoline taxes. Decreasing demand for gas is not only possible but inevitable. As the price increases more and more people will use their cars less. We all have our braking points. In my case for example if a tank of gas cost me a couple hundred dollars, you better believe that I would alter my driving habits as would tens of millions of other drivers.

Old 04-19-2006, 10:59 PM
ban!!!! look guys... its never going to work... we as a country use too much gas... we need to take over saudi arabia in order to feed our hunger for gasoline... its either that or nuke china because that is where 25-50% of the worlds oil is going to... we need to find alternative fuel sources in order to keep gas prices cheap... the US consumes a lot of gasoline... so what does economics dictate... when supplies are stretched that supply become a commodity and prices go up... but if noone wants the supply then that supply becomes worthless and prices fall...

LONG LIVE THE HYBRID!!!

Old 04-20-2006, 12:13 AM
We need to increase refining and use alternative source. Not buying gas from 1 company wouldn’t do anything. Oil is at least $30 per barrel more than it should due to smoke and mirrors.

Old 04-20-2006, 02:32 PM
SDG
This thread has degenerated into mostly BS. Of course the thread started with a CHAIN LETTER so go figure.

Old 04-20-2006, 05:06 PM
Originally Posted by SDG
This thread has degenerated into mostly BS. Of course the thread started with a CHAIN LETTER so go figure.

+1

Old 04-20-2006, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by castertroy101
+1

a lot of naive and uniformed people on this thread

Old 04-20-2006, 11:12 PM
Originally Posted by FAST1
The absolute worse thing that you can do in this sccenario is to do anything that would encourage drivers to buy more gas, like eliminating Federal and State gasoline taxes. Decreasing demand for gas is not only possible but inevitable. As the price increases more and more people will use their cars less. We all have our braking points. In my case for example if a tank of gas cost me a couple hundred dollars, you better believe that I would alter my driving habits as would tens of millions of other drivers.
Negative.

Do not forget the United States is not the largest country in terms of population. With China and India and their growing economies, demand for oil will increase exponentially. And oil isn't used only in vehicles, but also in heating our homes to nearly all things plastic. The oil crisis is a global crisis.

Last edited by eddwin; 04-20-2006 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-21-2006, 12:00 AM
Love Poker!!!
Only Chevron w/techron goes in my ride

Old 04-21-2006, 12:46 AM
Judging from the way the world is at the moment, it looks as though the price for gas is going to be growing exponentially in the next few years. Countries such as India and China, with populations in the billions, are now beginning to be able to afford motor vehicles of any sorts. I was watching CNN a bit earlier, and talking about how Chinese citizens are beginning to achieve their goals of the "American Dream", ie. buying and owning a house and a car. There was a segment about a Chinese couple, who with the help of relatives and friends, finally bought a car. China is already second in world consumption of oil to the United States. At the moment, 1 in 7 families in China own a motor vehicle. 1:7, 100:700, 10000:70000. Imagine this, in maybe 10-15 years, that ratio was get even smaller. Maybe 4:7. Oil demand will skyrocket and continue to do so unless we find a more widespread alternative to oil for combustion. Change is possible for the present and near future, but it will be inevitable that prices will surely cross $4 a gallon and perhaps eventually go past $5.

I haven't even started to talk about Iran.

Old 04-21-2006, 04:25 PM
This email has been around since 2001.

There's one bad fact and one huge flaw here.

The fact: Exxon and Mobil are one company (NYSE ticker XOM)

The flaw: without their capacity and product flow, there isn't enough gasoline to go around. Moreover, all the oil companies transship product to one another throughout the supply chain, from well head to pump. Therefore, XOM's gasoline will be pumped into your tank at the BP, Sunoco, Coastal, and others' stations where you'll be smugly thinking you'll be screwing them.