G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I think I have OCD with my G35 Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 02:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think I have OCD with my G35 Coupe

I have a 2005 G35 Coupe, and have taken good care of it. The inside is nearly perfect, as is the body...with the exception of the front. I only have about 9000 miles on it, and there are little stone chips everywhere. Does anybody else get bothered by this, or should I just realize that this is normal for ALL cars? Will something like this significantly affect the re-sale value down the road? I remember my WRX had a ton of stone chips up front, but the rest of the car was beautiful and fetched a very solid price.

Yeah, I know I should have bought a clear bra so don't suggest it.

Old 04-24-2006, 02:41 PM
i know how you feel man - i go thru the same thing with each of my cars. just f it, let it happen. dont get me wrong - i'm as maticulous as the next obsessed owner, but something like stone chips are inevitable and i've learned to accept it. i thought about doing the clear bra but actually glad i didn't.

also, i've sold quite a few cars in teh past and have had no problems selling them, even tho they had nicks and stone chips in the front. and at the end of the day, it's a car, right?

Old 04-24-2006, 03:09 PM
I hear ya... My car is the exact same as your...I actually touch up the chips (so you cant see the white underneath, but still looks like SH%&) I found myself washing behind the gas cap and stuff...stopped for a second, thinking if i was obsessing...then said nahhhh and continued on. If it really looks that bad when you go to sell it..throw on a CF hood or get it repainted right before you sell it. It only bothers me when I wash it, you cant see anything if your more than 5 feet away from the car, so i suck it up and not think about it. It will only get worse so be prepared...25,000km and counting.

Old 04-24-2006, 03:11 PM
everyone with a painted front bumper is gonna get rock chips... i dont know how you drive but staying as far back as possible from people in front of you while you drive is my best suggestion.. i stay pretty far back and i do have rock chips but not as much as others...but also most of my driving is street

Old 04-24-2006, 03:27 PM
just buy a new front when you are ready to sell.....

Old 04-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Yeah, sh*t happens, I suppose. Unless you keep the car in a bubble inside a garage, there is almost a good possibility something will happen to it even if it's minor such as stone chips. Heck, I scratched the side mirror pulling out of my driveway!

Old 04-24-2006, 04:15 PM
Rock chips will happen...I'm super **** about my car as well but on the sunny days, I do take the car out and minor rock chips are to be expected. Regarding resale, the typical person buying a G isn't looking for a 100% perfect car...not exactly buying a ENZO or anything along those lines. Some minor stuff should be fine. I wouldnt worry about it.

Old 04-24-2006, 05:00 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I don't have any rock chips...

Old 04-24-2006, 05:28 PM
You could always fix them. Get touch up paint and langka.com to make it look like new again, but you'll just get more chips anyway. Besides, you can't see them while your driving.

Old 04-24-2006, 05:59 PM
TLS
Originally Posted by DaVeeD
everyone with a painted front bumper is gonna get rock chips... i dont know how you drive but staying as far back as possible from people in front of you while you drive is my best suggestion.. i stay pretty far back and i do have rock chips but not as much as others...but also most of my driving is street
Foreal, I drive as far back from other motorist as possible and still get rock chips. Sometime I drive by myself with no one in sight and I still hear cracking sound in front( i know its not bugs, I check my front every car wash and theres new chips everytime). One time I was driving in my old car and a peice of rock hit my windshild and made a pretty size knick and there was NO ONE in front of me.
My point? you WILL have rock chips if not, a piece of meteor/asteroid will hit you (atleast that what happen to me )

Old 04-24-2006, 07:30 PM
I have OCD with all cars...

Not so much the rock chips because it happens and I understand. But doordings will keep me from sleeping so I do WHATEVER it takes to avoid those.

Old 04-24-2006, 08:44 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I was totally **** too about my car when I got it. 9K miles later, yeah, there are some rock chips on the bumper. Mine aren’t horrible, but they are there. I guarantee when it comes time to sell, no one will ever say “hey, rock chips, will you take $1000 less for the car?”. As long as you don’t have a rock chip the size of a freaking pea, then you should be fine (then again, a rock chip that big, you can touch it up). Now, I’m glad I didn’t get the freaking clear bra either. Why? Because besides rock chips, our cars are low, there WILL be other things and when the time comes, I will just repaint the bumper or get a new one. No need to waste your money on the clear bra. It’s not like those rock chips are visible unless you are within a few feet (unless you have a black car, then that is a different story).

BTW, what the hell is OCD? I thought you meant "Over the Counter Drugs"

Old 04-24-2006, 08:46 PM
cant be helped unless you get the cover and put it on while you are driving

Old 04-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
BTW, what the hell is OCD? I thought you meant "Over the Counter Drugs"
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder

Old 04-24-2006, 09:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by s14roller
Rock chips will happen...I'm super **** about my car as well but on the sunny days, I do take the car out and minor rock chips are to be expected. Regarding resale, the typical person buying a G isn't looking for a 100% perfect car...not exactly buying a ENZO or anything along those lines. Some minor stuff should be fine. I wouldnt worry about it.

to be honest i was at a car show and there was a guy with an enzo, with a million tiny rock chips on it, doesnt matter the proce there is nothing you cna do about it, i should have got a clear bra.