G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

Please HELP: Mississauga/Toronto (Rim Job)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please HELP: Mississauga/Toronto (Rim Job)

So here's the deal...

As I am putting my stock performance (summer) tires on my car I notice that there is a nail stuck in between the tread. Luckily it doesn't seem to be affecting the pressure of the tire but is still in need of being repair to prevent further damage.

SO...I bring it to a 'tire terminal' in Mississauga to get an internal patch. As I watch them put the tire on the machine that seperates the tread from the rim, the operator puts a steel bar between the two and pries the bar towards the face of the rim. After successfully removing the tread from the rim I notice that there is a chunk of paint that has been lifted of the rim. So I bring it to his attention. Doing his best to deflect blame, he explains that it is the lack of primer put on the tire before it was painted (which I just had done late last year). All it would have taken to avoid damaging the rim was to put some material (cloth or rubber) between the rim and the steel bar so that no contact was ever made. A simple step that you would figure people who specialize and work only with tire repairs would do (all of 3 seconds worth of extra time in a 10 minute job).

Anyways, they finish the patch job and proceed by presenting me with payment options...LOL. I respond by asking about who was going to repair the damage. The manager tells me to hold off paying for the patch job and get an estimate on repainting the rim "and if it costs more than 20 bucks, let me know the difference".

So now I'm left with the task of finding a shop in Mississauga/Toronto that can colour match and repaint my rim. Does anyone have any suggestions...Your help is greatly appreciated!

By the way...AVOID 'tire terminals'...!!!!!!!!!!!!