G35 Coupe V35 2003 - 07 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Coupe

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-05-2006, 10:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place!

I work for Nissan North America and bought a set of Maya STMs for my G a couple weeks ago. Now i'm debating on putting them on for fear of getting caught by two employees at work. In California it was fine cuz the chances of corporate vehicles catching you was slim to none. Now that i work in the regional office, it's hard not to be seen once in a while by the people who handle the corporate lease cars. If i get caught, they may give me a warning the first time, but they may not....which means i will have my lease priveleges suspended for a year. I know the smart thing would be to sell the wheels, but being the car enthusiast that i am, i never think the logical way,

If i park on the top level of the garage, that is my best chance of not getting caught. But it doesn't guarantee i won't. decisions, decisions....

Help a persian out!!!!

Old 05-05-2006, 10:44 AM
What is a persian?

Originally Posted by shatooi
I work for Nissan North America and bought a set of Maya STMs for my G a couple weeks ago. Now i'm debating on putting them on for fear of getting caught by two employees at work. In California it was fine cuz the chances of corporate vehicles catching you was slim to none. Now that i work in the regional office, it's hard not to be seen once in a while by the people who handle the corporate lease cars. If i get caught, they may give me a warning the first time, but they may not....which means i will have my lease priveleges suspended for a year. I know the smart thing would be to sell the wheels, but being the car enthusiast that i am, i never think the logical way,

If i park on the top level of the garage, that is my best chance of not getting caught. But it doesn't guarantee i won't. decisions, decisions....

Help a persian out!!!!
Is that like a rug or something? It better not be like those crazy Iranians who keep making my gas prices go up.

Old 05-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You really think they will bust on you for sticking aftermarket wheels on a leased car?

Old 05-05-2006, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by rabg35
Is that like a rug or something? It better not be like those crazy Iranians who keep making my gas prices go up.

Persians are Iranians....same thing. Is that ok with you?? If not, I'd appreciate you keep those type of comments to yourself. Completely irrelevant to this thread...

Old 05-05-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by GT-Ron
You really think they will bust on you for sticking aftermarket wheels on a leased car?
I personally don't think it would be as big of a deal as let's say a turbo kit or slamming the car to the ground! But it is clearly stated in the company lease policy that you may not alter or modify the vehicle in any shape or form.

Old 05-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't see why they would give you a hard time about it. As long as the car is returned to stock when the lease is up, what does it matter? I say throw on the STM's. If they say something, then put the stocks back on and sell the Mayas.

Old 05-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Chatori, Put Em On Baby!

Old 05-05-2006, 11:44 AM
And tell them your intention is to purchase at the end of the lease anyway. The lease was just the affordable route for you. They're not going to terminate the lease so easily. And if they do eliminate a lease from your options for a year or so, it's not that bad. You'd be better off buying and selling in 3 years anyway.

Old 05-05-2006, 11:51 AM
Originally Posted by Hexxum001
I don't see why they would give you a hard time about it. As long as the car is returned to stock when the lease is up, what does it matter? I say throw on the STM's. If they say something, then put the stocks back on and sell the Mayas.
+1!!! Exactly what I would do.

Old 05-05-2006, 12:27 PM
I think you would be fine; rims don't effect the car's value as long as you have the stock ones around, just keep the stock set in storage until the lease is up..

Old 05-05-2006, 01:05 PM
Call the Cops
Originally Posted by rabg35
what is a persian?
how old are you? have you been through school? yea he's asking you to help his rug out. you're just making yourself look like a retard.
you're a complete moron. Iran has nothing to do with "your" gas prices. You can blame Bush and Cheney for that, that comment had nothing to do with what he was saying. ****ing dumbass

Last edited by Basheer; 05-05-2006 at 01:08 PM.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:10 PM
sell them to me, I'll get them

better be safe than sorry. Nothing is worth loosing your job over.

Old 05-05-2006, 01:16 PM
I don't think this is about a standard lease. Of course, what all you guys are stating about returning the car in stock form, etc... are true. But he works for corporate and he is probably getting this lease as part of a benefit for working at Nissan. There probably is a reason they state in the "company" lease contract the specifics.

1 - Parking at the top, just make you have to drive further up and down the lot, which means you make yourself more visible getting to and from the parking spot.
2 - Do the personnel at the leasing division know you and your car? Do they know that you leased it through the company, or maybe you can pull it off like you purchased?
3 - How badly do you want the Maya's on your car? I say, slap them on, and see what happens. What **** retentive ***** is going to sit there and repremand you for putting on aftermarket rims? I would doubt they are sitting there looking for a reason to power trip.
4 - If they do, then will they terminate your lease immediately? I doubt it. How long do you have left in your lease? Don't they have an incentive program for employee's to purchase as well? Maybe you should consider purchasing a new one rather than leasing and worrying about mods if that is the way you really want to go, being a car enthusiast as you state.

Last edited by WYSIWYG; 05-05-2006 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Do not do anything that is not permissable. You may get away with it for awhile, but sooner or later someone will find out. And is it worth the consequences?

Old 05-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by WYSIWYG
I don't think this is about a standard lease. Of course, what all you guys are stating about returning the car in stock form, etc... are true. But he works for corporate and he is probably getting this lease as part of a benefit for working at Nissan. There probably is a reason they state in the "company" lease contract the specifics.

1 - Parking at the top, just make you have to drive further up and down the lot, which means you make yourself more visible getting to and from the parking spot.
2 - Do the personnel at the leasing division know you and your car? Do they know that you leased it through the company, or maybe you can pull it off like you purchased?
3 - How badly do you want the Maya's on your car? I say, slap them on, and see what happens. What **** retentive ***** is going to sit there and repremand you for putting on aftermarket rims? I would doubt they are sitting there looking for a reason to power trip.
4 - If they do, then will they terminate your lease immediately? I doubt it. How long do you have left in your lease? Don't they have an incentive program for employee's to purchase as well? Maybe you should consider purchasing a new one rather than leasing and worrying about mods if that is the way you really want to go, being a car enthusiast as you state.

You are right in that the lease for corporate employees is very much different than your typical lease. To answer your questions, one of the administrative people know my car. So i can't pull it off as a purchase. Nobody will stand around looking for a reason to dock me, but if i happen to be leaving work one day and one of the admin people walks right in front of me as i'm leaving, then they may say something. The fourth floor is the most convenient place to park because you enter the garage from the top floor going down. I just got my car this week and it's a 2 yr. lease. And lastly, i would have purchased one over leasing, but the leasing option is sooooo good, that any employee in their right mind wouldn't be able to turn it down!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place!