I wish I wasn't tempted by every other hard a$$ that wants take on the G

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Walking The Fine Line...

Received 128 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by mephistomyhero
Almost everything you said or I've said are really opinions, BTW
Also, I wouldn't call this forum Extensive in any stretch of the term. Nothing on this forum is extensive or anything said are considered "well Documented". When was the last time you've seen a "My clutch being depressed after I removed my feet" post? BTW, I actually tried the scenerio to see if I can do it and for the light of me, I can't duplicate it. I would think that if this was "well documented" we would see a TSB on it since is a very serious safety issue. Look at all of our yelling, ranting, and whatnot on the rattles (I don't have any, btw), chair sqeaks (mine was just fixed by the dealer). Now, these are TSBs so I would consider them well documented.

Well, I sorta disagree there. It won't be the same "complaints" but will be other type of complaints. Then again, you do know that there will be at least one car that has more complaints then the other ones, right? It doesn't make it a problem, just personal complaints. I'm not disagreeing entirely you on this one though

Everything else, yes they are only opinions. I never said I didn't like the Sedan, just not over the coupe. I don't think I can call the Sedan bad or a 5AT bad, it just didn't have the 6MT feel that I like so much (YES, I like the feel of th 6MT, with all it's vibrations, etc. ). As for being sluggish, I was just hoping that a Manualmatic wouldn't be sluggish like that. Makes me wonder if I would ever get a manualmatic if it was offered in the new coupe...nah, I wouldn't Also, it is sluggish at 4000 rpm or 6000 rpm, btw. Maybe it was just the loaner?

Anyways, we're both off topic on this post! Just so I won't look like a complete noob for posting off topic, I say most will grow out of the "racing" thing as they get older. I sure did. Also, you learn from your mistakes and hopefully, you won't have a serious Mistake to learn from. Maybe just a fat Ticket that would make Rosanne look like Kate Moss!
I don't disagree really - just two different ways of looking at the same topic.

While this forum may not extensive, it is one of the better resources available. It's a good place to see what real drivers are experiencing everyday - a lot of the data you won't get from the dealer. In fact, I'd think you'd get just the opposite... (I never heard of THAT...)

The manumatic is sluggish when compared to the manual (or any manual) but the performance lost isn't that significant. When compared to other autos, it has a lot of features that others don't, and the performance is definitely better. Than SOME, not ALL. I wish my auto had the paddle shifters the 07s are supposed to have. Like I said, if I even considered this car fast I might complain about a little lag, but I don't so I won't. It performs well for what it is, but a record setter it isn't nor will it ever be.

Roger being off-topic. I'll STFU now.

Last edited by GeeWillikers; 05-16-2006 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Evil Bastard
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you guys are so well behaved and civilized! i applaud you on your laudable conduct during your discussion of the values and vices of the 6MT and 5AT.

Regarding the topic, from my person experience, almost every other SRT-4 or turbo-i4 whatever has this compulsory need to rev their engine at me while passing... even when going on the other side of the street. I just sneer as any self-respecting evil korean communist leader must and drive on my way.

Funny... they won't even let out a peep of the exhaust when I'm riding on my 600F4i (which is not, by any means, all that fast compared to more modern sportbikes).

Old 05-16-2006, 10:34 PM
No self-respecting adult would be caught revving up a neon. Girls just don't care about that, and you look like a boyracer.

I've had a lot of cars fly up on me in the fast lane lately. I'll nail it and show them they drive a piece of crap, but I'm not going to go 125 to impress some hillbilly. Theres a lot of open road around me so I have my fun but don't forget to look for cops and remember you can get a ticket just for taking off fast and not speeding.

Old 05-17-2006, 01:46 AM
I'll be the first to admit that I have lead foot and I like to zip around town but I don't see alot of racing around here. I've had the G since august and I've only had 4 guys try to "race" me. Ford Probe, Mazda Protege 5, Dodge Ram, and just today a Porche Carrera 4S. Needless to say I lost the last one.

Old 05-17-2006, 10:06 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

I just sneer as any self-respecting evil korean communist leader must and drive on my way.
LMFAO!

Old 05-17-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally Posted by AthenG
Once you hit age 40+ then it will mellow down It's really hard especially if the person don't want to leave you alone. The real fast ones doesn't really care since they know they'll win, but the wanna beess are one that are annoying. Cobras and corvette don't even bother racing me since they know they'll smoke me
+1 ....

Old 05-17-2006, 12:19 PM
I run into the same species of jacka$$es every day. When I first got my car, I used to race and used to be very tempted to race. But now, I usually just pretend that I'm ready to race and as soon as the light turns green, I just go my way. It's such an awesome feeling when you know the moron just wasted rubber for nothing. The other day, I heard this fool drive up while reving his engine and then he looks at me, and so I give him "the let's do it look." As soon as we come to the stop sign, I made a right turn, and the guy screeched and hit the gas and went on straight. He must've realized I wasn't even on the same street any more. Trust me, It's so much more fun!!! I bet he would think twice racing the next time!

Old 05-17-2006, 03:26 PM
Avoiding potholes
Received 150 Likes on 110 Posts
Originally Posted by d_smooth_03
I run into the same species of jacka$$es every day. When I first got my car, I used to race and used to be very tempted to race. But now, I usually just pretend that I'm ready to race and as soon as the light turns green, I just go my way. It's such an awesome feeling when you know the moron just wasted rubber for nothing. The other day, I heard this fool drive up while reving his engine and then he looks at me, and so I give him "the let's do it look." As soon as we come to the stop sign, I made a right turn, and the guy screeched and hit the gas and went on straight. He must've realized I wasn't even on the same street any more. Trust me, It's so much more fun!!! I bet he would think twice racing the next time!
Too darn funny! I'll remember that one.

I see the race thing with other women rather than men. Men look at the car, smile and nod, but that it. When I glance over at another woman driver in a hot car, I see the clenched jaw and tightly gripped steering wheel (10 and 2, of course...lol). Sure enough, she always floors it. It was fun when I first got the car, now I'm a bit more mellow. I'd rather drive a winding road aggressively and find the perfect line.

grace

Last edited by Grace; 05-17-2006 at 03:31 PM. Reason: gracie can't type
Old 05-17-2006, 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Grace
Too darn funny! I'll remember that one.

I see the race thing with other women rather than men. Men look at the car, smile and nod, but that it. When I glance over at another woman driver in a hot car, I see the clenched jaw and tightly gripped steering wheel (10 and 2, of course...lol). Sure enough, she always floors it. It was fun when I first got the car, now I'm a bit more mellow. I'd rather drive a winding road aggressively and find the perfect line.

grace
hahaha, I hope you and my wife doesn't end up at the same stop light My wife does race when a punk try to mess with her when she's driving my G, I keep telling her to stop doing that but she does it when she's alone, and she usually race guys.

Last edited by FI'ed G; 05-17-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Old 05-17-2006, 04:26 PM
I have been getting that in my G. I especially get little rice rockets trying to get me to race all the time. I have EVOs, STIs, Neons, RSXs, Integras, Civics... It's cool if they are joking around about it but some of them just think they are badass. It doesn't bother me though. Some of them might be faster but I'd still rather have a modded G35 Coupe ANYDAY!

So just don't let it get to you. It took me a while to learn that. Drag racing is weak anyways.

Old 05-17-2006, 08:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Let's see, I've been challenged by a Civic, Jeep Liberty, Kawasaki Ninja (no way, jose), SLK 350 (I had fun just hanging with him - nothing excessive, just having fun), Passat, Mazda 6, Acura TSX, etc, etc. Most were being ridiculous and some came right up on my rear bumper and stayed there. Very stupid. But in the end, I just ignored them and they finally went away. All it takes is one sudden lane change from some other driver while your doing 100 and it's fatal.
I did have one driver jump in front of me doing a left turn and I almost t-boned her - it was very close. I had accelerated quickly from the light before and she misjudged the possibility of me reaching the next light so quickly. That would have been a very bad one and I learned my lesson - even though I was within the speed limit, other drivers do not realize how fast our cars can move. Thank god we have good brakes too!

Old 05-18-2006, 12:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I hate it 2, but if im bored I'll fall into the trap only if their car is worthy
when the Civic's & RSX's get on my *** i move over & when we get to a light I roll the window down & say "Man ur car looks soooo fast" & refuse to race them ...I know that pisses them off

Old 05-18-2006, 02:32 AM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Just food for your thoughts the next time you feel like being macho:

May 17, 2006

WOODLAND HILLS, Calif, (AP) -- Los Angeles police are looking for witnesses of a deadly high-speed crash last night in Woodland Hills that occurred during an apparent street race.

Police say 19-year-old Jonathan McGinnis was killed and two others were injured.

Police say McGinnis was the driver of a red Honda Civic that crashed into a Toyota Corolla carrying a student driver and her instructor on Vanowen Street. McGinnis was declared dead at the scene. The two in the Toyota were taken to hospitals where they are listed in stable condition.

Witnesses told investigators that McGinnis was racing another car when he lost control of his Honda. Three parked cars also were damaged.

Police are asking anyone who witnessed the crash to contact detectives.

(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

Old 05-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Walking The Fine Line...

Originally Posted by LjN_728
Just food for your thoughts the next time you feel like being macho:

May 17, 2006

WOODLAND HILLS, Calif, (AP) -- Los Angeles police are looking for witnesses of a deadly high-speed crash last night in Woodland Hills that occurred during an apparent street race.

Police say 19-year-old Jonathan McGinnis was killed and two others were injured.

Police say McGinnis was the driver of a red Honda Civic that crashed into a Toyota Corolla carrying a student driver and her instructor on Vanowen Street. McGinnis was declared dead at the scene. The two in the Toyota were taken to hospitals where they are listed in stable condition.

Witnesses told investigators that McGinnis was racing another car when he lost control of his Honda. Three parked cars also were damaged.

Police are asking anyone who witnessed the crash to contact detectives.

(Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
What's the problem? I'm sure they were on an empty road, no traffic, and were doing it safely, right?

LMAO. As if.

Old 05-18-2006, 01:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
They later interviewed the deceased drivers' friends and one of them said something like "He doesn't do street racing anymore. He quit that a while ago and only races at the tracks". Hey buddy did you see the video security camera catching him and the other guy flying by?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I wish I wasn't tempted by every other hard a$$ that wants take on the G