G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Selling my G this weekend - been a nice 3.5 years...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nightops
Did you drive the auto or manual - it makes a big difference. The 6spd will chew up the 330, both drivers being equal-
I have driven my friends 2004 350Z 6 MT which if faster then a manual G35 sedan. The 6spd in general will not chew up the 330. My friends Z ran a 14.55, I do not remember what trap speed. My auto G35 sedan with mods ran a 14.500 @ 97. The BMW should be quite similar. It might be a little slower but we are talking tenths of a second and what 1 car legnth? to me that is not important. The car drives great bottom line I will take it to the track in a few months.

Old 06-09-2006, 02:40 PM
I'm curious to know exactly how your car was equipped and why you chose it over the IS350? Right now I'm negotiating with the BMW dealer on a 330i (maybe xi for those NY winters) and I plan to test drive the IS350 before I get into a lease on the new 3 series and your input would be helpful.

Old 06-09-2006, 03:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blackonblackG
After driving the G35 for 3.5 years I feel qualified to say the 2006 bmw 330i is clearly a superior car in general. The value of the G is great however I feel the value in the G is only at the surface. The service on the car is expensive especially for the 30k service I had done a few months ago. The brake warranty is gone, now it would be $300 every year-1.5 year for brakes. The BMW holds its value well, has full maintenance included and in my opinion the true value of the BMW is in the character. After driving both back to back, there is something special about the BMW and at the end of the day to me it is worth the few extra bucks if you can swing it.
Granted the 03/04 brakes wear is a bit excessive and can be expensive to maintain, but it was fixed in 05. That said, the G seems to get higher reliability ratings than than the 3 series. Once the warranty runs out it will be expensive to maintain the BMW. Of course if you sell the car before that happens you have nothing to worry about. I plan on keeping my G for 6+ years and reliability was important. I agree the front of the BMW looks better than the G. The materials look nicer on the interior of the BMW, but the dash seems a bit flat for my taste (not that I'm a huge fan of the G interior either).

Old 06-09-2006, 03:14 PM
Originally Posted by JGFox
I'm curious to know exactly how your car was equipped and why you chose it over the IS350? Right now I'm negotiating with the BMW dealer on a 330i (maybe xi for those NY winters) and I plan to test drive the IS350 before I get into a lease on the new 3 series and your input would be helpful.
I think this is exactly what you are looking for...

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpconta...1/article.html

I have driven many high-end cars (mostly my parents cars) and the steering on the new bmw 3 is outstanding. Makes the steering wheel of the G35 feel loose.

Old 06-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Congrats! I really like the interior and the luxury of the car! I also like the front, but I honestly dont care for the back.

Are you planning on doing any mods?

Old 06-09-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by blackonblackG

I have driven many high-end cars (mostly my parents cars) and the steering on the new bmw 3 is outstanding. Makes the steering wheel of the G35 feel loose.
Congrats on the new car. I've always liked and respected bimmers. Although many here might not agree, I beleive the 330i's power is much closer to the G than many would like to admit. BMW's have always been underated HP wise and their numbers have proven it. So enjoy!

On the steering comment I know that BMW steering is very precise but when comapring the outgoing G could you be forgetting that it's 3yrs old and a bit more broken in vs a brand new car?

Just wondering cuz my bro is waiting for the 335i & I plan to shop it in the future.

Congrats again.

Old 06-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Well I joined the forum today, because I bought blackonblack'G's car!! I am very excited about having a G35 as I have been watching them for a long time. It is still 3 months before I get home from Iraq to drive it, but I am sure my girlfriend is loving life this week! I just want to say thanks to blackonblackG for all the help and the great deal!

Old 06-10-2006, 04:19 PM
haha cool, congrats on the new ride!

Old 06-10-2006, 04:41 PM
I'm not sold on the looks or the price tag but I have to admit it's a step up from the G35. I drove one a little while back and was suprised how well it handle corners and bumps. Power is good but nothing impressive IMO. I do like the interior you picked out, very classy.

Old 06-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
I think the side shot looks a bit weak/small/not agressive enough. I would have gone with the sport package. Why no sport package
BTW--I think you need some tint and a wheel upgrade. Any plans?
Are you still in college? Are you paying for part or all of the car?
Just wondering if wheel upgrade is in your near future or if you have to wait a while or maybe you don't want that.

I know they are solid,handle great and hold resale and all--but I still like the current G, IS350(though it looks small too).

Now the new G looks bloated. I think the current G is the perfect size.

Good luck.

Attached Thumbnails Selling my G this weekend - been a nice 3.5 years...-2006_330_grand_7.jpg   Selling my G this weekend - been a nice 3.5 years...-f34_cw.jpg  

Last edited by Texan1; 06-10-2006 at 05:22 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally Posted by YzRacer212
Well I joined the forum today, because I bought blackonblack'G's car!! I am very excited about having a G35 as I have been watching them for a long time. It is still 3 months before I get home from Iraq to drive it, but I am sure my girlfriend is loving life this week! I just want to say thanks to blackonblackG for all the help and the great deal!
Hey joe I saw you tried calling today, the call was getting disconnected, I could not hear you well. Anyway you will definitely love the G and enjoy the guys on this site. When I leave tonight back to Orlando I will move the G back into the garage so it stays nice and clean for you. I took it for a quick spin this morning and I must say the power in impressive, more so then my new car and you will love it.

Old 06-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
congrats, nice car. Welcome to the forum. For future, a full aerokit would make your G look amazing. It already looks VERY good. Here is the front bumper, sides, and rear

Attached Thumbnails Selling my G this weekend - been a nice 3.5 years...-ntnsracing_1885_167869959.jpg   Selling my G this weekend - been a nice 3.5 years...-ntnsracing_1885_168048437.jpg  

Last edited by Texan1; 06-10-2006 at 05:19 PM.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Come home safe!

Old 06-10-2006, 11:49 PM
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. I will be reading up on the forum to decide what I might add to the G when I get home.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:15 PM
I get tired of everybody citing BMW's maintenance as additional value. I, personally, would not maintain my vehicle at such lengthy intervals (oil changes every 10K miles - 5 oil changes total). It includes brake pads and wiper blades.. big deal... brake pads usually (G35 coupe excepted) don't wear out before 50K... and wiper refills are cheap - probably do it once in those 4 years.

It does NOT include tires and such... and that's what gets expensive.

Just commenting... average savings... maybe $500, max. No big deal.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Selling my G this weekend - been a nice 3.5 years...