G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

My car got keyed today.....**** !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My car got keyed today.....**** !!!

Hello all,

So here we go. Found out my wife is pregnant (great news) so I've put my car back to stock springs from z springs. Setting car aside and won't be investing much money or time on it for the time being. Guess what? Woke up today, pulled the car out from garage and saw this huge key scratch. I parked car out on the street a few blocks away from a restaurant last night and the area was pretty dark. Why do we have sh*t heads that like to damage someone's property? I am so damn pissed. Does anyone know how much it would take for me to fix the scratch? Buffing? Detailing? What shop should I bring it to? Do they need to spray the whole door. How long does the process take? Anyone know a place in Queens or Long Island NY would be helpful. Thanks...below are the pics. This is my first keyed and it's a horrible feeling.

Last edited by mikeee2; 07-23-2006 at 03:57 PM.
Old 07-23-2006, 03:58 PM
Why do I bother to DIY???
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Oh man! Sorry to see that mikee! But I think you can get a repaired for fairly cheap. I found guy on Craigslist that does amazing work and can repair key marks and dents for cheap ($150-250) a pop. I'd imagine you can find some that can do a similar repair in your area.

Take a look at this...he can even repair dents on creases which most would say you need to be repaint the entire panel and may cost $1000. I can't vouch for how great the qualit of the job, but this looks amazing. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/aos/184180624.html

Old 07-23-2006, 04:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry to say, I don't see how that can be fixed any other way than repainting the door. Those look deep, down to the metal. If you have anything to be thankful for, that big scratch stops right at the door otherwise you'd be looking at painting that rear panel as well. I think any attempts at repair other than repainting would a) not last and b) might not look that good either. And you have black.

Hopefully you can get some good recommendations and it won't cost you more than a couple hundred bucks.

I would get it done and try to put it behind me - you've got a lot more good things to look forward to from the sound of it to get bogged down by some jerkoff that did this.

Old 07-23-2006, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by RocketG35
Oh man! Sorry to see that mikee! But I think you can get a repaired for fairly cheap. I found guy on Craigslist that does amazing work and can repair key marks and dents for cheap ($150-250) a pop. I'd imagine you can find some that can do a similar repair in your area.

Take a look at this...he can even repair dents on creases which most would say you need to be repaint the entire panel and may cost $1000. I can't vouch for how great the qualit of the job, but this looks amazing. http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/aos/184180624.html
RocketG35,

Interesting but do the have office in East Coast???

Old 07-23-2006, 04:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow. Sorry to hear about that. I agree you should get it fixed and then look forward to certain other things...and get it fixed now while you have the money to spend!!!

Old 07-23-2006, 04:18 PM
i understand your pain.... here is mine, happened about a month ago.

Old 07-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Originally Posted by jimNC
Sorry to say, I don't see how that can be fixed any other way than repainting the door. Those look deep, down to the metal. If you have anything to be thankful for, that big scratch stops right at the door otherwise you'd be looking at painting that rear panel as well. I think any attempts at repair other than repainting would a) not last and b) might not look that good either. And you have black.

Hopefully you can get some good recommendations and it won't cost you more than a couple hundred bucks.

I would get it done and try to put it behind me - you've got a lot more good things to look forward to from the sound of it to get bogged down by some jerkoff that did this.
Thanks. Peferably if it can be done without repainting door, that would be a better option. I have more expenses down the road and I do not want to spend a fortune getting it repaint. As long as the job is decent enough, I can deal with that. But I can't deal with seeing the scratch everyday, so it's gotta be fixed.

Yes, I have greater and better things I need to concentrate now. I still love my car but that's after my wife and baby now.

Old 07-23-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally Posted by bwassul
Wow. Sorry to hear about that. I agree you should get it fixed and then look forward to certain other things...and get it fixed now while you have the money to spend!!!
Haha...yeah that's what I said too. I think my wife being pregnant just mellow myself down alot. Otherwise I would of flipped before.

Old 07-23-2006, 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by badlittleboy007
i understand your pain.... here is mine, happened about a month ago.

How did you fix it? How much did it cost? I mean it's bad too but not as bad as my scratch, especially since my car is Black (very noticeable).

Old 07-23-2006, 04:26 PM
Any person doing **** like this behind a mans back needs to have his ***** cut off. Payback is a bitch...
Good luck fixing that bro. Wish you the best and congradulations on the good news!

Old 07-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Why do I bother to DIY???
[QUOTE=badlittleboy007]i understand your pain.... here is mine, happened about a month ago.

looks like you can get that wetsanded/buffed and polished out easily...were you able to do this??

Old 07-23-2006, 04:48 PM
run your nail over it to see how deep it is.

If its not deep, you can try wetsanding the scratch with 1000 or 1500 grit and then polish it with a medium cut polish.

If its deep then repainting the whole door or a good area paint + feather is your only way.

Old 07-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
If I saw someone do that to my car, I'd shoot 'em in the eye with my crossbow...

Old 07-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Maybe it was an accident

Old 07-23-2006, 07:52 PM
come over one day and I will touch up and wetsand.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My car got keyed today.....**** !!!