G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

**WALD KITS: IN-STOCK / READY TO SHIP, Special Pricing**

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 07:28 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
Just the aero kit is painted. All the rest come "ready to paint" which is true sometimes.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skyline_G35
Any special modding or cutting needed on the rear? From what I hear the license plate area in japan is slightly wider than the US counterpart. Will that require any special cutting or fitment in that area? Thanks.
Correct, license plate needs to be brought in and also the ends extended. Not a simple job!

If your considering this kit I'd make sure your body shop is proficient in working w/ fbg. Not sure about your area but it took me awhile to find a shop that knew what they were doing and at a reasonably priced. for example, a couple of shops quoted me the price of the whole kit to custom fab just the rear.

Old 09-07-2006, 08:49 PM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G-Mony
Correct, license plate needs to be brought in and also the ends extended. Not a simple job!

If your considering this kit I'd make sure your body shop is proficient in working w/ fbg. Not sure about your area but it took me awhile to find a shop that knew what they were doing and at a reasonably priced. for example, a couple of shops quoted me the price of the whole kit to custom fab just the rear.

So what your saying with the " " is that the sponsor of this thread is full of it when he said that it was a simple procedure. hehe I agree. But what is more annoying is that he is not willing to sell the parts separate. There are other websites that sell body kits complete or separate. Once again, a bad decision.

Old 09-07-2006, 08:53 PM
English dude, English
That's another thing. Why import a kit that doesn't fit??? Why not import the SPORTEC kit. Think about it! IT FITS!!!

Lets see, WALD is cheaper to buy, but after customization of the rear, you will probably spend just as much money if not more than the SPORTEC kit.

The SPORTEC kit is more expensive because of shipping costs, but as far as I know, there isn't any customizing needed.

Old 09-07-2006, 09:08 PM
You need to modify the rear lip on the WALD kit because it was designed for the JDM v35... The Sportec kit is also designed for the JDM model. To fit the sportec rear, you would probably have to do what people have done with the gialla kit, taking out the reinforcement bar in the rear. USDM requirements are higher, and therefore required a stronger/larger reinforcement bar in the rear, which also required a slightly larger rear bumper. So, getting the Sportec rear will require modification. Between the 2 kits, it depends what type of modification you are comfortable with.

Anyone is welcome to double check this info. I am in no way an expert with any of these things...

Old 09-07-2006, 09:24 PM
English dude, English
Originally Posted by Clean G 4D
You need to modify the rear lip on the WALD kit because it was designed for the JDM v35... The Sportec kit is also designed for the JDM model. To fit the sportec rear, you would probably have to do what people have done with the gialla kit, taking out the reinforcement bar in the rear. USDM requirements are higher, and therefore required a stronger/larger reinforcement bar in the rear, which also required a slightly larger rear bumper. So, getting the Sportec rear will require modification. Between the 2 kits, it depends what type of modification you are comfortable with.

Anyone is welcome to double check this info. I am in no way an expert with any of these things...
I would rather remove the reinforcement on the rear. The aero front bumper from Infiniti requires that you remove 2 of the 4 reinforcements on the front. I don't have a problem with it, but you're right, some might have an issue doing this.

Old 09-07-2006, 09:33 PM
Also, to add to my comment earlier regarding cost as the likely reason the sportec kit is not imported... it could also be due to availability. The Sportec kit may just be harder to get. We cant get an accurate idea of why the kit is so exclusive unless we see how difficult it is to get it. As of now, we can only speculate as to why we dont import the kit. Maybe one of our vendors can look into it and tell us if its possible and if any difficulties arise.

Yea, I know this is off topic again... but I wanted to make the point that there can be many reasons why the kit is not available, not just price. Perhaps D2 is selling the WALD kit because its the first one they wanted to sell. Its possible that they have the sportec kit lined up after the WALD kit to import. -All speculation, but you see that anything could happen. Check with a vendor or with D2 specifically to verify availability of the Sportec kit. I will not make any effort to find out the details because I have an 05 and none of the kits will fit. Good luck.

Old 09-08-2006, 01:52 PM
So what your saying with the " " is that the sponsor of this thread is full of it when he said that it was a simple procedure. hehe I agree. But what is more annoying is that he is not willing to sell the parts separate. There are other websites that sell body kits complete or separate. Once again, a bad decision.
No, no not at all. Just want to let those know that are considering the kit what to expect. the pricing he has is decent and close to what i paid. i'm on side of the sponsor as far as breaking up the kit. it not easy to get the kit, comes direct from japan and cos of the pricing its not a high volume kit so he'd be stuck w/ pieces. shipping from overseas is dangerous as the fbg is very brittle (iknow this cos mine was cracked).

I like my kit alot and i made mistakes going w/ one shop and not looking around more to find the right body shop. i wish i was in SoCal it'd be so cheap to install.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:35 PM
do you have another shot of the front airdam. I would love to see more of this kit!!

Old 09-10-2006, 11:31 PM
Former Vendor
I will attempt to answer all of the questions / comments made / asked:

Public Pricing: We are not allowed by WALD to post pricing publically because it is a promotion and the pricing is actually below the normal vendor point. With that WALD asked that we do not post public pricing so to the person that posted it in size 100 font, please remove it. Thank you for the assistance, however it could get the whole offer shut down by WALD

Fitment: I can not speak for every body shop, I personally imported a FRP Aero kit for my BMW and had the side skirts extended 5" and a second opening for a custom dual exhaust made and it only added a couple hundred dollars. I dont know who is charging 1500.00 dollars to modify a rear lip (as someone attempted to imply) but I certainly would not give them my business!

Separating kits: these kits are imported from Japan and we are attempting to move them at a decent price. It doesnt make good since to import a kit from Japan, sell the front lip and then hope someone else will call and say "do you by any chance have 65% of a WALD kit in stock for my car?" Now as I offerered previously, if there are 2 or 3 members that want to chip in and by a kit and then split it up we have no problems doing that, but I have personally been burned by imcomplete kits sitting around for months.

Old 09-11-2006, 12:18 AM
English dude, English
Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
I will attempt to answer all of the questions / comments made / asked:

Public Pricing: We are not allowed by WALD to post pricing publically because it is a promotion and the pricing is actually below the normal vendor point. With that WALD asked that we do not post public pricing so to the person that posted it in size 100 font, please remove it. Thank you for the assistance, however it could get the whole offer shut down by WALD

Fitment: I can not speak for every body shop, I personally imported a FRP Aero kit for my BMW and had the side skirts extended 5" and a second opening for a custom dual exhaust made and it only added a couple hundred dollars. I dont know who is charging 1500.00 dollars to modify a rear lip (as someone attempted to imply) but I certainly would not give them my business!

Separating kits: these kits are imported from Japan and we are attempting to move them at a decent price. It doesnt make good since to import a kit from Japan, sell the front lip and then hope someone else will call and say "do you by any chance have 65% of a WALD kit in stock for my car?" Now as I offerered previously, if there are 2 or 3 members that want to chip in and by a kit and then split it up we have no problems doing that, but I have personally been burned by imcomplete kits sitting around for months.

How about this? I edited the post, but I'm not deleting it.

It's a shame that you can't split it up. Like I said, I really like this rear and sides. I just don't need the front.

Anyone out there just want the front? I'll take the rear and sides.

Old 09-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Former Vendor
How about this? I edited the post, but I'm not deleting it.

I appreciate that, I did not want someone to complain to WALD and then the entire offer is killed off!

Have a good one

Old 09-12-2006, 11:41 AM
I appreciate that, I did not want someone to complain to WALD and then the entire offer is killed off!

Have a good one
Is there anyway you could possibly give a detailed explanation on what a body shop would have to do to make this kit work. I'm very interested, but I don't spend my money on parts that have too much uncertainty around them. I would like to have more than your word that the modification isn't much, I'd much rather have a detailed description on what needs to be done. I don't think that's too much to ask when wanting customers to spend a thousand plus just for the kit.

Old 09-12-2006, 08:52 PM
Wasnt tryin to IMPLY anything. It's the truth and its 2 shops in my area that quoted my that price range +$1200. Yes, i didnt give them my business, but I know for sure I didnt pay "couple hundred dollars more" which your implyin...it was $900 just for the rear.

But hey thats for my area. who knows there might be cheaper shops out there. I'm just warning those considering this kit to get a quote on cost to install/customize so they know what there getting into before purchase. It's a great kit and good pricing!

Old 09-30-2006, 03:02 PM
if anyone is in the SF bay area there's a body shop that's done like 3 of them already. i think they charged 1500 including paint and install. Fr/Side/Rear/rear modification & trunk wing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: **WALD KITS: IN-STOCK / READY TO SHIP, Special Pricing**