G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Help!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 06:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!

I decided to replace all my brake pads today. Ive done it a few times before on my other cars so I figured I would have no problem here. Well I did the fronts no problem, but when i started the rears that when I got trouble. I cant seem to get the caliper bolts off. I was trying so hard and I was getting so damn frustrated that I ended up screwing up the bolts head, but i still cant get either of them off. I read from other places to put some pb blaster on there and knock it with a hammer then try, so i did that with no luck. i tried some liquid wrench with no luck. Do i have to try to extract the bolt? if so how? there does not seem to be much room for me to fit my drill in there.(maybe i have to go buy a smaller one) and will extracting it work since I cant even get it to move at all? please help. I'm hoping i dont have to put my wheels back on and take it somewhere.

thanks in advance.

Old 11-09-2006, 11:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gee thanks for the help guys

Old 11-10-2006, 12:12 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Originally Posted by Kingfanpaul@sta
gee thanks for the help guys
There's not much to say Kingfanpaul....you screwed up and now should take it to the pro's and bite the cash bullet.

Where you using metric or standard sockets? You could have slipped a piece of electrical conduit over your rachet to give you more leverage to get the bolt loose.

Now that it's stripped, not much else you can do except to drill it out or possibly use a screw driver and a hammer to try and chisle the bolt loose (hard to explain and prob won't work since its on so tight)

Good luck

Old 11-10-2006, 12:36 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
+1
I read this a while ago but don't have a reply for you. Sounds like you need to drill it out and replace the bolt. No one wants to take it somewhere, that's why you were trying to do it yourself.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.