G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Watched a neighbor ding my car

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 11:20 PM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Unhappy Watched a neighbor ding my car

Took place about half hour ago at my condo parking lot. From my window I watched my neighbor park her Explorer crooked next to my car (in a position that the driver side door is close to my car) Held my breath for a second as she opened the door slowly (probably knowing there's not much space for her to open the door), then as she started to climb out, I see and hear a solid 'DONK' when her door hit mine After she got out, she inspected my door for about 10 seconds for any visible damage, and then she left to go in. I went out later on to check my car. Even though it was too dark to see, with my flashlight I did not see any scrapes or marks from my door which she hit.

I guess I'll wait till the morning to really find out, but while I'm on the subject, should I leave a note or something on her car telling her to be more careful next time parking? Everyone in my building is nice and friendly, and I'm not the violent type.

Old 01-04-2007, 11:33 PM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would kick the **** out of her door and write her a little note telling her to learn to park!

Old 01-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would of gone out and confronted her. Now theirs no proof and its easier for her to Deny that she caused damage if theirs damage.

Old 01-05-2007, 12:34 AM
i would of gone out there right away to see if there was any damage. hopefully there isn't.

i feel your pain though. my first door ding was from my nephew who opened the door of his dad's SUV onto the side of my car. OUCH. it was definitely painful, but i couldn't really do anything considering he's family. however, you're free to kick your neighbor's a$$ if it happens again

Old 01-05-2007, 01:22 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
I have to agree with these guys, I would have gone out there before she went inside and said something if there was damage.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by ttrank
I have to agree with these guys, I would have gone out there before she went inside and said something if there was damage.
+1... Would have confronted her when you saw it.

Old 01-05-2007, 01:54 AM
Almost all door ding is cause by someone else, and it represent ignorant on the general public. And 90% of the time you don't get to see who did it.
It drive me crazy to no end why can't people show some respect and be a little more careful.

I would've gone down there, reach back like a pimp and slap the .... well you know the rest.

Old 01-05-2007, 06:05 AM
Leave a note saying a neighbor told you they saw her ding your car with her door, and say "there really are no hard feelings at all", but please try to be careful in the future and you'll do the same.

Old 01-05-2007, 06:46 AM
sko
since you were watching from near, press the 'panic/alarm' button on your keyless so she'll be more careful next time.

at least the lady had the heart to check whether your car was alright i guess.. some people literally kick their doors open to your's without carrying any guilts behind..

Last edited by sko; 01-05-2007 at 06:49 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:56 AM
Leave a note saying a neighbor told you they saw her ding your car with her door, and say "there really are no hard feelings at all", but please try to be careful in the future and you'll do the same

I don't think that would work b/c if she asked question she could easily find you in a lie.

since you were watching from near, press the 'panic/alarm' button on your keyless so she'll be more careful next time.
You could also if you were watching just press the alarm to use as an excuse to go out their and ask her what happened to see what she said. If she says nothing "i just got here" then you caught her in a lie and could make things easier if their was damage.

Old 01-05-2007, 06:58 AM
Question

its light out, umm is their Damage??

Old 01-05-2007, 08:26 AM
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I just went out to check before I went to work, and surprisingly there's nothing. No dent, scrape, scratch, chip, or mark. It's kinda weird 'cause my car is Brilliant Silver, and light-colored cars generally reveal all kinds of nuances on the paint, but I find nothing in the affected areas. Seems like the Infiniti paint is stronger than I thought (well, definitely stronger than Lexus paint, that's for sure).

In any case, I didn't leave a note or anything on her car since she left before I woke up this morning, but I'll know better next time

Old 01-05-2007, 08:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Floyds_racing
I would kick the **** out of her door and write her a little note telling her to learn to park!
OR MIGHT I SUGGEST....

Old 01-05-2007, 09:18 AM
Originally Posted by sko

at least the lady had the heart to check whether your car was alright i guess.. some people literally kick their doors open to your's without carrying any guilts behind..
that has to be the GAYest thing ive heard in a long time

KICK THE $HIT out of her car......remember payback is a bitch

Old 01-05-2007, 09:54 AM
[QUOTE=lexusk8]After she got out, she inspected my door for about 10 seconds for any visible damage, and then she left to go in. QUOTE]

Someone who didn’t care wouldn’t waste a second looking at your door.

Obliviously she did care enough to see if there were any damages.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Watched a neighbor ding my car