G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

should i get these rims

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 07:31 AM
Traveling Administrator
Received 175 Likes on 102 Posts
Please, lets keep everything civil here. There is no need for name calling.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i simply thought that the motegs looked nice....i mean i dont care too much for the price...im not one of those little girls off the sweet sixteen shows that go and i quote " this purse looks really nice." friend-"how much is it?" girl..*checks tag* "eww" friend "what" girl- "its $600, its gross"

the point is i always thought these two cars were sick

and they go online for 280 about...so i mean..if you guys consider 1120 bucks to be cheap then you should tryout for sweet sixteen yourself...but make it like..sweet mid 30's or something..hehe

Old 01-31-2007, 07:43 AM
I think people can agree with me on this that the best way to decide if you like a wheel is to see it in person. If you like the motegs wheels then go for it. Our tastes don't mean crap since it's your car anyways. BTW nothing is cheap in the world of modifying and I hate watching the show you are talking about.

Old 01-31-2007, 07:47 AM
hehe yea dont take anything i say as trying to avoid what you all say at all costs i thank you all for your opinions...i guess i will see what i do by the end of this week...besides like you all say...theyr cheap..i can take em off and put other ones on at any time...i mean cmon my dad owns the tire shop..( i work there all the time) i can just switch em out..wholesale price is so sweet..youd be surprised at how much people charge for profit...like really...hehe my dad doesnt like to do that though

Old 01-31-2007, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by thelurker29
hehe yea dont take anything i say as trying to avoid what you all say at all costs i thank you all for your opinions...i guess i will see what i do by the end of this week...besides like you all say...theyr cheap..i can take em off and put other ones on at any time...i mean cmon my dad owns the tire shop..( i work there all the time) i can just switch em out..wholesale price is so sweet..youd be surprised at how much people charge for profit...like really...hehe my dad doesnt like to do that though

No not at all man. It's cool. I spent $3500 dollars on my wheels and some people call me insane. I know everybody's budget is different. Now that you've explain your situation it makes perfect sense. In the beginning I was thinking you just wanted to cut corners with such a good looking car. My logic was if someone could afford a G35 then they could at least pony up some money for some nice wheels. If I were in your situation I would do it too. And sorry about the bad advice on the application. I am a Z driver and I'm still trying to get it straight in my head that you guys have a sedan Tell your dad to let you run a new set of wheels every week and call it advertising

Last edited by JDMFairladyZ33; 01-31-2007 at 08:00 AM.
Old 01-31-2007, 02:34 PM

If you dad owns a tire shop, he can probably get wheels too. I can tell you that that most wheels have almost a 30% profit margin, so at cost price on some nice wheels would cost almost as much as some retail priced decent wheels...

Old 01-31-2007, 08:35 PM
no no dude my dad has a tire AND rim shop..so yea thats what ive been trying to say that i can get these rims preety cheap...and really..? its usually 30%??

my dad just add maybe 25 bucks ro so per rim no matter what the price...because so what if its an expensive rim..why should you have to pay a lot more profit...because you have the money?..my dad doesnt like to do that stuff...everyone pays the same profit for him no matter what...i hate hearing about shops that scope your vehicle and choice of rims out to charge you out the ***

Old 01-31-2007, 10:39 PM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
hmm..sevas...
those friggin s stars in black are sick....and you said to talk to that sponsor...he can get them cheaper..? its just i want to get them through comp my dad can get them through...you cant beat wholesale

If the deal is too good to pass up then go with it!

Old 02-01-2007, 01:09 AM
IMO..if you can get some wheels at a cheap price, then i say just go ahead already with a different rim choice if you like those more "expensive, better quality" wheels. im not saying that motegi is crap, just saying if they're crap in YOUR opinion, then you wont have to waste an extra G on those wheels.

also, imo, motegi's belong on hondas or racer cars, not a g sedan. i'd go with something more classy. It also depends on where your going with your car. If your going for the "racer" look, then handle it. but if your going to do something based on looks, then go with something that'll give you more street or forum cred . It all depends on how you look at your car, but it also helps when other ppl compliment you on your car too.

Old 02-01-2007, 01:28 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
^So what you're sayin is get some AMEs and be done with it

Well worth the money IMO

Old 02-01-2007, 12:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I was going to say go for the Motegis, but not in black. Maybe gunmetal. I think it would look great in 19". What is all this talk about them being cheap? Are they going to rust or something? Will they suddenly break apart on the highway? Will the paint peel off? Do you ever pull up to a nice looking set of wheels and say "Oh they cost less than $500 a wheel, so they're ugly"? I've seen iForged and DPEs and HREs bend and curb just like any other wheel.

Get the Motegis, put some Volk Racing center caps on them, then everyone will like them.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:28 PM
haha okbut thanks everyone for the help...i appreciate it,...i might get em next week..and yes im going for a more racer look..i have eyelids on the way...and a stillen lip kit at the body shop about to be painted!!!..maybe ill post a few pics after its all done with rims??

Old 02-02-2007, 01:37 AM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Definately post pics no matter what you get

Old 02-02-2007, 02:03 AM
Originally Posted by superb16
Well I was going to say go for the Motegis, but not in black. Maybe gunmetal. I think it would look great in 19". What is all this talk about them being cheap? Are they going to rust or something? Will they suddenly break apart on the highway? Will the paint peel off? Do you ever pull up to a nice looking set of wheels and say "Oh they cost less than $500 a wheel, so they're ugly"? I've seen iForged and DPEs and HREs bend and curb just like any other wheel.

Get the Motegis, put some Volk Racing center caps on them, then everyone will like them.
im not saying that they're cheap in quality or brand. I personally think that they belong on raced out cars. I aslo said that if he can get some wheels at a cheap price then he might as well get some more expensive wheels. Hey, why not go for the gusto, especially if they are at a cheap price. that goes for all wheels. And i also said that it all depends on your own taste. thats all that matters.

Originally Posted by G35papa
^So what you're sayin is get some AMEs and be done with it

Well worth the money IMO
thats exactly what im saying haha jp.

get whatever dude. all on you. just make sure whatever u get goes with the theme or flow of your car...take for example the dude with the messed up body kit and the extreme wing...did not flow at all.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:00 PM
really quick before no one reads this anymore...umm will 18X9 fit in the front well?? i think it might be to big??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: should i get these rims