G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Anyone have their low tire pressure light stay on.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 08:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have their low tire pressure light stay on. ***UPDATE***

Yesterday morning, I had driven my 05x in the extreme cold of NY for about an hour. Since I got to where I needed to go a little early, I was sitting in the car with the engine running. After about 5 minutes the low tire pressure light came on, along with the audible warning. I checked the air pressure in all 4 tires since none of them looked low and they were all between 25-30 psi. I added air in all 4 tires to get them close to 35 psi to see if maybe my guage was a little off due to the cold. However, after adding air to all of the tires, the low tire pressure light is still on and I've driven with it on for the past day. Does anyone know if there is a way to reset the light or do I need to take it to the dealer for them to get the light to go off?

Thanx

*****UPDATE****

Called the dealer this morning and they insisted that all tires must have 34 psi despite my telling them that the manual says that the light only comes on when the tires are below 25 psi and I've driven the car for the past year and a half at between 30 and 32 psi. I checked all my tires and decided to got to the gas station to bring them up to 34 psi or better. Of course, the light didn't go off so I called them back and they told me to bring the car in this afternoon. When I got to the dealer I told them the problem and they said they would check the car and get back to me in a few minutes. After a few minutes the service rep got me from the waiting room and asked if I was the one having problems with my tires. I said no, I'm having a problem with the low tire pressure light on the dashboard and the tires are fine. She told me that they would now look at the car. After about 10 minutes they came and told me that the car was fixed. When I asked what the problem was they said that 3 tires were over 34 psi and 1 was at 32 psi so they adjusted all tires to 34 psi. I asked if the light was out and was told that after I drove the car a little the light would go out. Of course I didn't believe them but gave them the benefit of the doubt and left. After driving about a mile without the light going out, I turned around and went back to the dealer. The finally decided to do a diagnostic test and found that there was a bad sensor and after about another hour and a half wait they replaced it which solved the problem, but were still insistent that the tires should be at 34 psi.

Other than the fact that they didn't diagnose the problem correctly when I first got there, what really gets me mad with the dealer is that they also try to sell you other services that you probably don't need on a car with only 26,000 miles. They told me that I need a wheel alignment, a throttle service, a power steering flush, my tires rotated and balance (which I had done 2 months ago and obviously didn't need), and a few other things which would have been over $700. How they know all this when they are supposed to just be repairing a tire pressure sensor is beyond me and smells of them just trying to ripoff an unsuspecting customer. This is also not the first time they tried to sell me a bunch of stuff that was needed and it's especially disheartening since Infiniti doesn't even recommend some of this at this interval. Sorry for the long winded response but just wanted to get this off my chest.

Last edited by andy2812; 02-07-2007 at 07:00 PM. Reason: Update
Old 02-06-2007, 08:42 PM
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
i drove my G yesterday.. nd the tire pressure went on.. haven't added air yet.. but i think it's bcuz of the cold weather.. =\

Old 02-06-2007, 09:47 PM
The light should reset everytime you turn off your engine. Take it to the dealer and have them check it out. One of the monitors may be bad.

Old 02-06-2007, 09:51 PM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by andy2812
after adding air to all of the tires, the low tire pressure light is still on and I've driven with it on for the past day. Does anyone know if there is a way to reset the light or do I need to take it to the dealer for them to get the light to go off?

Thanx
That has been happening to me, since I bought the car. Went in a few times, they reset the system and claimed that they addded air. Finally last week they said the system was hosed and they changed all for TPMS sensors.

Old 02-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
If you add air and it stays on there is another problem. The light can also indicate a problem with the system. Have the dealer go check the code.

Old 02-06-2007, 11:38 PM
i have 20" wheels and my light comes on at different times. Mostly in cold weather

Old 02-06-2007, 11:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn i wish i still had my tp sensors. How much does the stealership charge for them?

Old 02-07-2007, 08:07 AM
Back in SD**

I only had the car for a few months, so it was covered under warranty.

Old 02-07-2007, 02:45 PM
Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
Last time I had a loaner at the dealership, the service guy said that all of the cars with TPMS had the sensors light up after a very cold night. He said it should correct after the tires warmed up. It makes sense if cold contracts and heat expands.

Old 02-07-2007, 09:54 PM
Back in SD**

Mine didn't matter. As a matter of fact the first time it happened, it was a 90 degree day. It stayed on for a couple of days, then cleared itself. I needed to drive about 30 miles for them to come back on, then it would stay on for a day or two.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:10 PM
i had the same problem
my psi was low and the light went on
i put air in all 4 tires
the light stayed on i went to kings infiniti and they turned off the tire pressure light
the next day it was on again
i just dont pay attention to it anymore because my tires are perfected i checked them many times

kings infiniti has the worst service

Old 02-07-2007, 10:24 PM
Back in SD**

Originally Posted by G35000
i had the same problem
my psi was low and the light went on
i put air in all 4 tires
the light stayed on i went to kings infiniti and they turned off the tire pressure light
the next day it was on again
i just dont pay attention to it anymore because my tires are perfected i checked them many times

kings infiniti has the worst service
Take it in again and insist that 1. your tire pressure isn't low 2. a reset will not cure it and 3. the light flashes for 60 secs when you start the car and according to the manual, something is wrong with the system.
On my second visit, that is what I did and they replaced all the TPMS sensors.

Old 02-08-2007, 06:57 PM
i have a low tire and once i put air on it the sensor light turns off seconds after... without even driving

Old 02-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you check to make sure you didn't pick something up in your tire? You might have a nail that is only causing a small leak.

Old 02-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by jimmykce1
Did you check to make sure you didn't pick something up in your tire? You might have a nail that is only causing a small leak.
Read my update, it was a bad sensor

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone have their low tire pressure light stay on.