G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

GT drivers...grumpy!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2003, 12:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT drivers...grumpy!

Once again i took a GT down with no problem at all. Pulled up next to a yellow droptop GT (top was up though)...reved my engine twice...then we took off and i had no problem getting in front of him. I hit 3rd gear and i started to pull away even more. I hit 120 and he was still like 3 - 4 car lengths behind me! WEAK! But...why is it when you beat a GT and pull up next to them to say "good job" they get all grumpy and curse you off? that's a buncha bull $hit! This is my second time taking a GT down and the second time i got flicked off and even worse...this time he cursed me off! i then replied "You're just mad that my car's faster than yours!" But...just lettin you guys know that GT's arent that great and can be taken down with no problem!

KhaL

Old 11-29-2003, 01:09 PM
O.F. Administrator
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: GT drivers...grumpy!

Just enjoy the win bro and ignore the attitude. Some peeps have a hard time getting beaten by the new 'kid on the block', and feel that the GT should win just cuz it's been around forever.
From what I've read the GT and our G's are about even in straight line performance (low 14 second quarter miles), so it's a driver's race.
Not all GT drivers are like that. There's a lot on here that appreciate both rides, including myself.
GSM

<font color=red>GSM</font color=red> <font color=black>Silverstone Coupe</font color=black>

Old 11-29-2003, 01:30 PM

I have a friend at work who droves a 'vert GT. She's great though. We keep BSing around about taking them to the track and stuff. She drove my G last week and said how smooth, nice, and still very fast it was.

Maybe that's why some GT people are kind of pissed. The Mustang is a great car for the price, but often they justify losing all the luxury amenities in favor of straight line speed. So, when a great-looking, reasonably priced car comes out that beats them in both categories, I bet it gets under some GT owner's skin.

03.5 Coupe - Black/Willow, 6MT, Premium, Navi, Aero, Sat

Old 11-29-2003, 03:04 PM

I know GT's are beatable. I've done it and so have countless others. But remember, that GT was a convt. and was most likely auto. The lighter coupe with a 5 speed could get us. Then bolt a cat back on both cars. I think the Stang would pull on us hard. What I'm saying is that they're quick, so don't underestimate them. (BTW I was a chevy guy back when I was into american cars, so I am not a big fan of ford)

Old 11-29-2003, 03:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The GT is quick, I traded mine for my G in October, it was a fast car, I think it's a "driver's race" with these two, the torque is greater on the GT, so it should launch better! I like my G much better than my GT vert, much nicer car! I wouldn't have been angry if a G had beat me though, people are weird![img]/w3timages/icons/crazy.gif[/img]

Brilliant Silver/Graphite '04 Sedan/5AT

Old 11-29-2003, 04:48 PM

the GT is a quick car. The one i raced today was a convertable but it was stick shift. I didnt really have too much trouble getting in front of him and from that point it was nothing but pulling away little by little. I personally dont like fords...but that's just my opinion. Anyways...another kill for our Sedans
Khal

Old 11-29-2003, 08:46 PM

I noticed that too.
IT's either taht or rice fly by.

Old 12-02-2003, 06:20 PM

I raced a bunch of GTs with my coupe and won almost every time, guess some of them were pretty heavly modded. Anyway I drove the sedan a bunch of times as a loaner and I must say the speed is about the same as my stock coupe was. The only problem the G sedan might have is with tracion, the all season tires are garbage in comparison to the pilots.

Crawford Plenum / Z tube + Stillen Hi-Flow / Borla Dual Exhaust / Stillen Xdrilled+Stotted Rotors
Best 1/4 mile 14.371 @ 100.29, 60ft 2.347

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.