G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

!!!!SURVEY!!! look inside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2003, 11:41 PM
English dude, English
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: !!!!SURVEY!!! look inside

OK! I have my 2 cents as well. As I like Infinity, it really is a Nissan. It's owned by Nissan, however, with that being said, IMHO, I really don't think having the Nissan emblem on this car is a good thing. Infinity is supposed to be better, however, (I know, there are alot of "howevers") I love the idea of having a Japanese Car, such as the Skyline, or for those that know the Nissan 240sx as the Silvia. My dream car was originally the Silvia, but I heard a few years ago that the Skyline was coming out here as an Infinity. I waited. Bought it and then I changed the lettering on my car from "Infinity" to "Skyline", because I feel that it gives my car that little Japanese look, but I also didn't have the heart to take my wonderful Infinity logo off of my car. I felt then it would become just an over glorified Nissan. Hope I didn't step on many feet with this reply, and I hope you understand why I put the "Skyline" lettering on my ride.

Old 12-06-2003, 12:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was seriously thinking about rebadging my sedan, then being the stickler for detail I am, realized that not only would I have to change the emblems and exterior nameplates... we're looking at the wheel centercaps, dash clock, steering wheel, sill plates and, oh yes, the embroidery in the seats!! That was a bit too much for me...

I did, however, rebadge my 350Z. That one was much easier [still contemplating the JDM sidemarkers for those who are going to be picky and, well, the RHD thing ], and more a throwback to the hertitage that is the "Z-Car"... I love it when people ask me what a Fairlady is and I get to go into the whole thing....

My $.02

2004 6MT Sedan, Obsidian Black
Premium Package
Sport Tuned Suspension
Aero Package
Infiniti DVD Navigation System

Old 12-06-2003, 03:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

otherwise, i would have gotten an altima since it's the same car (lol KIDDING).

<hr></blockquote>LMAO oh no, here we go again! A 'glorified' Altima. LOL
For those doing the rebadging, just another detail you may or may not have noticed, but the rear lights on the SKYLINE have an amber part to it, whereas the G35 is all red. Take a look at it http://skyline.nissan.co.jp/GALLERY/..._01/index.html

2K4 G35S 6MT, Diamond Graphite/Graphite, Premium Pkg
2K2 GS300 5AT SportDesign, Millenium Silver/Black

Old 12-06-2003, 02:33 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Another advantage for the dealers is more exclusivity. They may only be competing against a dealer in another state, rather than, in this case, possibly more than 1 Nissan dealership in one metropolitan area.

They can also provide extra "features" like loaners, etc, that you wouldn't get with a Sentra. (Of course, that doesn't mean that a Nissan dealership couldn't offer this on their own to compete against other Nissan dealerships).

2004 Sedan/DVD Navigation/Desert Platinum/Willow