G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Shark fin, again >:)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 10:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 5150DS
UUMMM the one Console posted is factory G35.
I know, I have the factory one...I wanted to know if there was a shark fin that would cover the dead rat.

Old 03-15-2007, 12:07 AM
i think the honda xm antenna looks a little better. not too sharkish.

Old 03-15-2007, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by bugsdad
I know, I have the factory one...I wanted to know if there was a shark fin that would cover the dead rat.

I also would like to know

Old 03-15-2007, 12:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I saw that you did this without even having a SAT receiver......So you put this on your car so people think you have SAT, or just because you think it looks cool?

Old 03-15-2007, 01:38 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by jimmyc13
I saw that you did this without even having a SAT receiver......So you put this on your car so people think you have SAT, or just because you think it looks cool?
That exactly what I was wondering... I don't get it...

Originally Posted by OCG35
Wow... I just really don't get it Why in the world would you put a non-functioning satellite radio antenna on your car???

Even on a civic it would be pointless, but on a G35???

Last edited by OCG35; 03-15-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:45 PM
Man some people need to go back to grade school and learn english comprehension.

Its a freaking DUMMY shark fin.
Its for esthetics only

Its like asking, why people pay hundreds or thousands of dollars to get nice looking rims. it doesn't serve a purpose. does it make the ride smoother? or any better?
NO, its purely esthetic. U dont like the look of the shark fin, but others do. period

Old 03-15-2007, 02:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Because I like how it looks, ya I really want people to think I have a sat reciever when I just have a modded xbox in my car with hours upon hours of music why do you post on here if you dont have anything decent to say... to look cool

Old 03-15-2007, 02:56 PM
Originally Posted by NonAme
Man some people need to go back to grade school and learn english comprehension.

Its a freaking DUMMY shark fin.
Its for esthetics only

Its like asking, why people pay hundreds or thousands of dollars to get nice looking rims. it doesn't serve a purpose. does it make the ride smoother? or any better?
NO, its purely esthetic. U dont like the look of the shark fin, but others do. period
Rims do serve a purpose... making them look better is a choice. This is not making something that already exists look better - it's adding something with absolutely no function to the car. It's very sophomoric to me. I would expect something like this from a teen on a civic but not this class of car... It's like the old car cell phones; people put dummy squiggly antennas on their car to look like they have a phone. Pointless to me.

And if opinions can’t be posted then this thread is pointless.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:10 PM
what other purpose does bling bling rims serve other then to look cool?
u fail to address ur premise
Shark fin antenna is same, some like the looks of the entire car with shark fin. does it need to have a function no.

Old 03-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by digital1986
Because I like how it looks, ya I really want people to think I have a sat reciever when I just have a modded xbox in my car with hours upon hours of music why do you post on here if you dont have anything decent to say... to look cool
Holy $hit man...chill out! I was just asking/clarifying the intent (and poking fun too LOL). Though I wasn't even that harsh on you, so I don't regret what I said one bit....others are questioning the same that I did.

Yeah man...you got me...that's EXACTLY why I post here! To look cool in front of thousands of people that I don't really know that well.......

Old 03-15-2007, 03:37 PM
Registered

u guys are too funnie..

too each its own..done and done

Old 03-15-2007, 04:06 PM
what other purpose does bling bling rims serve other then to look cool?
u fail to address ur premise
Shark fin antenna is same, some like the looks of the entire car with shark fin. does it need to have a function no.
This is not a hard concept to grasp... Your car is useless without rims. "Bling bling" rims (as you put it) is upgrading something that has a function – some people go with after-market light-weight rims for performance reasons… Whatever the reason the rims serve a function.

Now, put it in perspective - IF you had satellite radio with an ugly antenna and wanted to upgrade and make it look better (as some people out here are), I would fully understand... but putting a non-functioning antenna is pointless to me. Your apples to oranges comparison of rims doesn’t make sense.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:18 PM
lol its purely esthetics.
from ur comments u obviously dont like the shark fin look.
ok we get, now move on
why keep popping in this thread if ur not one for it?
dont answer that, just go away

Old 03-15-2007, 04:23 PM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Holy $hit man...chill out! I was just asking/clarifying the intent (and poking fun too LOL). Though I wasn't even that harsh on you, so I don't regret what I said one bit....others are questioning the same that I did.

Yeah man...you got me...that's EXACTLY why I post here! To look cool in front of thousands of people that I don't really know that well.......
I thought we knew eachother pretty well Jimbo...or at least I thought we did Things were never the same when you left angry that night....

Old 03-15-2007, 07:25 PM
lol its purely esthetics.
from ur comments u obviously dont like the shark fin look.
ok we get, now move on
why keep popping in this thread if ur not one for it?
dont answer that, just go away
I’m not trying to offend you or anyone else… the OP wanted opinions (see quote below)… I was just stating mine. If you like the way it looks, fine. But when some of us are puzzled by what the purpose is, you don’t have to take offense. I’m not slamming you – I just don’t understand the mod.

The problem sometimes is when people post an opposing opinion of something, some people take offense. It is not my intent to offend. So let’s move on – preferably without comments like “go away”

Originally Posted by digital1986
Well I decided to buy the shark fin for sale in the marketplace, what do you guys think?

Last edited by OCG35; 03-15-2007 at 07:28 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Shark fin, again >:)