G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Simple MOD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
If I did any re-badging, it would be an infiniti Skyline.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:21 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
does anyone know if the emblem only will come off?... It's the only thing on my car that is chrome looking and it drives me nuts (strange I know)... I want to have it black chromed. Is it just adhesive? It's recessed in so it's kinda hard to get leverage to lift off.

Old 04-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On the letters its only adhesive but on the emblem it has a hole behind it...I guess to align it........

Old 04-11-2007, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by gsRt5
On the letters its only adhesive but on the emblem it has a hole behind it...I guess to align it........
I'm referring to the steering wheel (in concept with the thread)... exterior was done eons ago... thanks though (BTW the emblem has 2 holes )

Old 04-12-2007, 12:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OCG35
I'm referring to the steering wheel (in concept with the thread)... exterior was done eons ago... thanks though (BTW the emblem has 2 holes )
muy bad.......

How long is a EON?.......cause Ive only had mine a few months..

Old 04-12-2007, 02:05 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
yessiR or throw **** at it.....Or just plain hate on you.

Whats funny is, as soon as I got my G, it seemed all my neighbors went and got new cars. Even my inlaws and there family went and got new rides...
Heh, it's true. I just bought a pos old Chevy 4x4 I'm going to fix up a bit but right now the paint is crap and it has holes and scrapes everywhere. The thing is if I go to McDonalds in it the people at the drivethru are all smiles and nice to me, when I'm in the G it all business and yes sirs ... Maybe I should primer the sedan.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:14 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You have to take the cover off and then you can remove it from behind! where do you get them black chromed at?

Old 04-12-2007, 09:19 AM
I've debadged my G, I haven't rebadged it to nissasn skyline or 350 gt or anything yet, but I must say that the word skyline and the 350 gt emblems are highly attractive for some reason..... more so than the infinti badges to me...

Old 04-12-2007, 11:07 AM
muy bad.......

How long is a EON?.......cause Ive only had mine a few months..
a little over 2 years (in G life that's equal to 10 human years )

Old 04-12-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by Floyds_racing
You have to take the cover off and then you can remove it from behind! where do you get them black chromed at?
nice - are there pins going though to the back?...

I have a guy that does black chrome - he did all my exterior badging, and two coupe Gs (for my dash)... he does the black chrome for Infiniti Tustin. I don’t know if he'll deal with shipping but you can call him: Auto Emblems/24 KT. Gold Plating: Rick 714-328-9810 (is mobile)
the Gold Plating thing is just whats on his biz card (I guess the name of his co?) but he does black chrome too.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Banned
nice - are there pins going though to the back?...

I have a guy that does black chrome - he did all my exterior badging, and two coupe Gs (for my dash)... he does the black chrome for Infiniti Tustin. I don’t know if he'll deal with shipping but you can call him: Auto Emblems/24 KT. Gold Plating: Rick 714-328-9810 (is mobile)
the Gold Plating thing is just whats on his biz card (I guess the name of his co?) but he does black chrome too.

sweet I will give him a call!

Old 04-12-2007, 04:03 PM
And asfar as logos, I would rather have none.....

I thought about a Nissan logo swap but it sorta made no sense. Sure its "JDM" and ppl that new that would dig it but I paid good money for an Infiniti...If I wanted a Nissan, I would have got a Altima cause I like them too....And what would I do with the seats???....

Who cares though, if you like it, JUST DO IT!!!
Wouldnt you have to go all the way and make it Right hand drive too?

Old 04-12-2007, 04:38 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by Truth
Wouldnt you have to go all the way and make it Right hand drive too?

I have been looking into that too!

Old 04-12-2007, 07:11 PM
Originally Posted by HwyDrftr
Heh, it's true. I just bought a pos old Chevy 4x4 I'm going to fix up a bit but right now the paint is crap and it has holes and scrapes everywhere. The thing is if I go to McDonalds in it the people at the drivethru are all smiles and nice to me, when I'm in the G it all business and yes sirs ... Maybe I should primer the sedan.
Now that's just funny. I understand and sometimes feel the same way, too. Why are we so afraid for people to think that we have had some success in life? I don't get it.

Sometimes I find myself not wanting to tell people the things that I have accomplished for fear that they will think that I am stuck up. I am 28 years old and trying to plan for my future and save a lot for retirement, have two houses (one that I rent out), work full time and am in business for myself and decided to treat myself to a nice car. Yet, I don't want people to know for fear that I come off arrogant. One of my best friends is 40 years old and lives an a one bedroom apartment. Well that sucks for him but I don't ever find myself talking to him about the latest thing I did in my house or anything like that because it might make him feel bad.

I am not stuck up but I just like nice cars. Why do we have to hide that we can buy an Infiniti? I know the G35 is really not all THAT expensive, but it does come with that upscale attachment.

Maybe its because most of us come from that working through life situation and are slightly humbled since we know we have had to work hard to get where we are. We don't want to rub it in people's faces but I think it's ok to be proud of what you have accomplished sometimes.

Most importantly - Why the hell are you eating at McDonalds? That crap will kill you!

Old 04-12-2007, 07:34 PM
Back in SD**

Received 63 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by devster
...Why the hell are you eating at McDonalds? That crap will kill you!
lol, that's a funny ending.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Simple MOD