G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

frustrated new G owner

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about your experience. I'm glad that you gave it right back to them! As for the front end noise probably the compression rod, it is a very common problem. Do a search and lots of posts will come up about it. Once you get your car running well you won't be sorry you bought the G.

Old 04-16-2007, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by gwhiz35
snip
The wipers will function, but when they come back down to rest, they "hop". This only happens on delayed intervals, it disappears if I put them on continuous.

I'll have to look for the tech bulletin.

Thanks for the info tho!

Old 04-16-2007, 06:06 PM
Wipers do suck on some of our cars, however rainx will at least help. As far as the squeak over bumps/compression rod problem, I recently sprayed all my suspension bushings with silicone lube and I have yet to hear the sqweak come back; speedbumps, driveways, or anything. I would go see the Nissan dealership for stuff other than warranty work.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:53 PM
I am a fairly new owner as well. I also have the same problem with 2nd gear when it's cold in the mornings. I have another 2k under warranty, but those stupid dealers are telling me that since I do not have any records from the previous owner's maintainence work, they would not do any warranty work and do not even want to look at my car...
Had Acura's, Honda's, Toyota's and all the dealerships would look up the service records for me and print them up. What do I do...
A 1-800 number? I drive hard, I do not wanna replace transmition soon...

Old 04-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Go to a different dealer. Surprisingly this dealer printed out the service records without arguing.

Old 04-20-2007, 02:37 PM
So they've had the car since Tuesday and its now Friday. The apparent 'One Day' fix has taken longer than expected. Apparently they replaced the transmission and then the gauge cluster broke. So they had to order a new one and go through some kind of process with the state for that. They are also replacing the premium head unit with another one since I can't listen to the radio with the defroster on. And we are on the second replacement for the windshield wiper motors. I took my summer car to work today because I'm so tired of driving an auto LOL.

Old 04-20-2007, 02:57 PM
man - that sucks. well - at least while th ecar is there, they will adress as much as possible ( or - at least lets hope so ) good luck to you -

Old 04-20-2007, 03:16 PM
. . . 50 $ for a test drive ?!?!?!?!

is it common in usa ??? it just sound a total RIP OFF !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-20-2007, 09:44 PM
Well, this dealership gets better and better.

First off, they replaced the clutch when I specifically told them not to over the phone. Whatever, I got charged 200 beans, I'll get that off the dealer I bought the car from.

They did fix the wiper jumping. They lubed my compression rods....sounds so dirty lol.

They basically told me theres nothing they can do about the radio and how it goes static-y when I turn on the rear defroster. So I guess that means that I can't listen to the radio in the winter...lucky me.

At this point I'm just considering returning the car. I did get a new transmission, but from the looks of reading this board, they never fixed the problems in the trannies and mine will likely end up grinding eventually.

Oh well

Old 04-20-2007, 10:05 PM
Received 1,132 Likes on 1,002 Posts
Problems with the "Stealership!"

Most people wouldn't have held their ground like you did......Good Job! You
have a new clutch and tranny, since you know how to use a stick it should
last as long as you own the car. I put 118K miles on the clutch on my last
Z and only had it replaced because it was saturated with oil from a main seal
failure....which was also replaced. I still don't understand why they couldn't
fix the defroster/radio issue......sounds like a wiring problem.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:14 PM
Does the radio immediately go to "static" when you turn on the defroster, or does the static fade in over a period of time?

Look closely at the rear defroster lines; you'll notice that several near the top (and the bottom possibly, I can't recall off the top of my head) are electrically isolated from the main "element" that is your rear defroster. This separate section is the antenna. You should find two contact points for this small network on one side of the window. It sounds like the power going to the defroster is somehow electrically shorted with the antenna, either at the contact points, or somewhere on the window itself.

If you have an Ohm meter, you should check to see if someone inadvertently shorted them while fixing a broken defroster, or if the connecting harness is shorted for the antenna's amplifier is shorted in some way. For that matter, is there a chance that someone might have painted some of that "defroster repair" stuff and shorted the actual wires on the window together? You probably don't want your antenna acting as a defroster.

If its immediate, that says to me (as someone who knows nothing about what he's talking about) that there's a direct short somewhere in the rear of the car.

Replacing the head unit did nothing for you for a reason. On a sidenote, this reminds me of an early occasion with my dealer. I complained that my windows audibly "tick" when I roll them all the way up, because they're apparently settling very slightly. I told the dealer this, and for some reason, they decided to replace the BCM in the car. I later found out about this when they asked for the other keys, so they could pair them to the car. This only makes sense in a coupe, where the windows are rolled down by the BCM when doors are opened to prevent you from shattering the glass. What I described (and showed) as pure mechanical give.

Our dealers must have the same level of quality assurance and training.

Old 04-20-2007, 11:45 PM
that seems like alot of work for something that just shouldnt be?

Old 04-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
i wouldnt doubt there are countless people on this forum that know more than some of the "master" techs that work at infiniti LOL

Old 04-23-2007, 08:29 AM
The radio gets interrupted when I turn the defroster on, and goes away when I turn the defroster off. I woke up to have a new noise today. When I started the car, the engine made a horrible grinding type noise as it started up.

Also, does anyone know the part number to the transmission where nissan fixed the synchro problems. I just wanna make sure that I didn't get a faulty transmission again. Thanks.

Old 04-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
as far as i know they still have that problem I got mine replaced a few months ago with 8900 miles on my car. I had a wihstling noise when the car was cold and as soon as it warmed up it went away but i didnt have any problems with shifting.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: frustrated new G owner