G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

Considering a G35

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 05:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Considering a G35

Hi everyone. I'm considering selling my Acura TL-S and buying a G35 sedan and I have a couple of questions. First, how do people like the navigation system? I use mine frequently so it has become a must. However the Acura has an easy to use touchscreen system that can be operated while the car is in motion. I worry that my extra $2000 will be wasted if the G35 nav is more work to operate and can't be used in mid-drive (is there a way to disable?). Second, is it possible to get a side body kit without the spoiler? I don't like the black plastic panel that runs along the side in the stock version, but it looks sweet with a painted body kit. These may seem like nits but if I'm laying out all this dough I'd like it to be as close to perfect as possible. Thanks people.

Old 01-06-2004, 05:19 PM
Received 451 Likes on 305 Posts
Re: Considering a G35

I cant speak for the Navi but they do sell painted side sills for both the sedan and coupe.
Take a look here if you want the OEM ones. http://www.infinitiwholesaleparts.com/en_US/

You can also paint the black panels that the car comes with if you want. Ive seen it on some of the Gs under the Rides section. Looks pretty cool if you dont want the whole body kit. Take a look here
https://g35driver.com/rides/listsedans.php?relIdx=0

Understandable you wanting the most for your money. Im with you on that. You should definately test drive one if you havent already.........I did and walked away with it the same day! :-)

Good luck

Old 01-06-2004, 05:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Nav is not as easy to use as the touch screen in your TL. Alternatively you won't have a bunch of finger prints all over the screen. You can't use it while the vehicle is in motion. You can modify it by putting a switch on the VSS wire. i wish it had a way to bypass this feature. Even with these quirks I would still buy the Factory Nav over an aftermarket one just because the screen pops out of the center console.

You can get the Nismo body kit without the spoiler. I actually like the spoiler but it's a personal preference. here is a pic of it

The front bumper is totally different. I like it alot better than the stock one.

The Aero body kit is a $3000 option. you have to decide if it is worth it to you. Really I would not ordered my car with the kit. It just so happened that the Car we looked at had it on it and we were able to negotiate the price of the car down to the price of a similarly packaged car with out the body kit. Your best bet is to buy a regular G35 and have the black around the bottom painted body color.

As you will find there are trade offs with any car. you can't please everyone but you can get close.

Jim
'03.5 Sedan
Brilliant Silver/Graphite
6MT/ Premium package
Sport tuned suspension
Aerodynamic Body Kit
Navigation and Satellite Radio

Old 01-06-2004, 07:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would not spend the 1900 for the factory NAV if you have a laptop. You can get the same software and a GPS system installed for about 450.00. The screen is much bigger on your laptop and you still get voice directions. They also sell a mount for your laptop that goes in the passenger seat or the back seat with no install. Also the Laptop software comes with a phone number directory, VerTOPO maps and a bunch of other extras. It is not as clean as the popup version but costs almost 1500 less. Plus you can take this in any car you want. The GPS is about the size of a radar detector and mounts with suction cups. Takes about 3 min to install.