G35 Sedan V35 2003-06 Discussion about the 1st Generation V35 G35 Sedan

03-04 sedan non-sport susp with eibach pro pls chime in

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 02:28 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03-04 sedan non-sport susp with eibach pro pls chime in

i'm not looking for pics or anything, all i want to know is if there will be uneven tire wear issues after alignment. searching brings up very conflicting information.. i understand that every car is different, but i want to hear from guys that actually have this setup. If a camber kit is needed, then i'll just go with the sportlines because i really want it slammed, but i guess i'll need new shocks... or i can just wait till i get some dough and drop it like i really want to: slammed on tein basics with camber kit upfront and in the back ( anything else needed to get back in specs?)

Last edited by sna66; 06-05-2007 at 02:33 AM.
Old 06-05-2007, 02:44 AM
I had the eibach pros on matter of fact I'm selling them they will work with none sport shocks but if you want a slammed look you are going to need a camber kit regardless of which springs/shocks or coilovers you choose eibach makes a camber kit and it's less than 100 dollars they even have the spc rear camber kit cheaper than what spc sells the same kit for. I recommend getting the camber kit installed along with the springs it's not as expensive as you may think and in the end if you are going to lower the car do it right the first time. If you have searched the forums you will see where there are guys that are going back and raising their cars back up just because they get fed up with purchasing tires etc...

Old 06-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Grocery getter

Received 190 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by sna66
i'm not looking for pics or anything, all i want to know is if there will be uneven tire wear issues after alignment. searching brings up very conflicting information.. i understand that every car is different, but i want to hear from guys that actually have this setup. If a camber kit is needed, then i'll just go with the sportlines because i really want it slammed, but i guess i'll need new shocks... or i can just wait till i get some dough and drop it like i really want to: slammed on tein basics with camber kit upfront and in the back ( anything else needed to get back in specs?)

If you lower your car without a camber kit the insides will wear faster. You can always swap them from side to side every 5k miles if you want. Even with a camber kit they will still wear a little faster on the inside because you want to keep some negative camber for performance reasons.

You will wear out your oem struts quickly if you go below ~0.75-1".

I would just wait a little longer and get the coilovers and do it right. The struts are matched to the spring rates so the performance will be better, they will give you all the height adjustment you want and they are an awesome product. Once you figure springs and struts they are not much more either.

Old 06-05-2007, 03:56 PM
hey Ttrank, so these springs:

http://cgi.ebay.ca/TEIN-S-TECH-LOWERING-SPRINGS-03-06-INFINITI-G35-SEDAN_W0QQitemZ260123773088QQihZ016QQcategoryZ33582QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
would require me to also install a camber kit, and would still screw up my struts in a hurry?

Old 06-05-2007, 11:10 PM
i would really like it close to a 2" drop front, 1.5" rear, but i hate having to change tires often. the 1" drop from the pro kit is fine and i think i'li end up with those , a nismo kit and 19" wheels. I guess what i want to know is do i NEED a camber kit with this setup? coming from a 350z i know all about tire wear, i was hoping that this sedan would get rid of my mod bug but i can't deal with the hummer look. i'm not interested in going faster, just making it a little more presentable

Old 06-05-2007, 11:33 PM
I have had the prokit on for 18K miles with OEM non-sport struts/shocks and no camber kit. I rotate tires every 5K and they are wearing perfectly. With the prokit, I am right on the edge of spec for camber, so no, you will not NEED a camber kit with that setup in my experience.

As the others have said, it is not an optimal situation, but it looks and performs MUCH better than stock. You will not believe the difference even with the stock struts/shocks. Best $250 you could spend IMO. Just expect the stock ones to go south in 20-25K, less if you drive aggressively.

And no, you dont want to slam it 2". I scrape sometimes even with the 1-1.2 drop. Maybe due to the 225/45/18's (.45-.5" less dia than OEM), but I can't drive onto some shop lifts without some wood blocks to clear the Testpipe-to-Stillen exhaust brackets. And I think 2" drop would make the ride unbearable. OK for the track, but a PITA on the street IMO.